Need rent assistance in Illinois

Find how to get help with rent
Newmomchick01
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need rent assistance in Illinois

Post by Newmomchick01 »

I was wondering where i start to get help to pay my rent. I just got divorced and I have two kids and I am 20 yrs old i'm not sure what to do.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need rent assistance in Illinois

Post by Admin »

In Illinois, they have the nation's most robust and largest assistance program. It is the Illinois Rental Housing Support program, and it is the nation’s largest state rental assistance program. They provide help to thousands of people per year. Contact them for more info.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In Illinois, they have the country's largest and most robust program. It is the Illinois Rental Housing Support program, and it is the nation’s largest state rental assistance program. They provide support and resources to thousands of people per year. Contact them for more info.
Me fam

Post by Me fam »

Hi, I need help with either security deposit or first month rent. I do not have money for everything but I have job to pay rent. Right now I am looking for an apartment in a safer area in Chicago Illinois for me and my daughter. We do not having running water where we are staying at. And its getting hard and embarrassed. I need help. How do I go about getting help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You can also check with the city of Chicago on unsafe housing, as the landlord needs to provide water. Regardless, funds for a security deposit are rare. You are more likely to get help for first months rent. There are a few places to try in the city, and learn more on rental asisistance in Chicago.
Housewife

Post by Housewife »

My three children just received an eviction notice yesterday. Unfortunately, I lost my job due to medical issues that that got me admitted into the hospital, but I am doing ok now. Also, with getting County insurance I will be able to get the testing and regular care needed so that I can be the strong mother that I am for my children. We are devastated because we just moved into our new home November 30, 2013 after being homeless and bouncing from house in Chicago IL.
We really don't want to move again nor do we have the means too and we love our new home. I got approved for unemployment insurance so we will be able to make our monthly bills with the help of County assistance (food stamps) and I have a list of job interviews but we need help with October and possibly November's rent.
My electricity was shut off TODAY and I am trying to get help through a Utility Assistance program now. In addition, we have no family or friends really that live in the area or that are willing to help. We have NO MONEY AT ALL Except FOR $7.53 in the Bank. PLEASE HELP US PLEASE AND YOU CAN CONTACT ME DIRECTLY. WE REALLY DON'T WANT TO GET EVICTED PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP! We will help in any way possible to not only pay back but say thank you and show you our appreciation for helping us out. PLEASE CALL ME. Thank you so much and we look forward to hearing from you soon :)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you have no source of income and are that far behind, then unfortunately there is little that can be done. As you know unemployment will not pay for your entire rent and other living expenses. You may need to start to look for alternate housing. But also talk to a case manager, as maybe they have suggestions for you on Cook county Illinois resources, as there are many that assist with housing needs. Locate resources for rent help in Cook County.