assistance paying my electric bill South Carolina

If you are struggling with utility - energy bills.
NHPB has more info on energy assistance, and find local utility bill assistance programs.
kellydent
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

assistance paying my electric bill South Carolina

Post by kellydent »

hello! i am writing because i need some assistance paying my electric bill i have three young small boys and i am taking care of a fifteen year old child who has mental retardation and autism. i lost my job a few months ago and have been looking for another. i have also enrolled in college for a surgical technician. it is hard to find a high paying job. i have very high paying child care and cannot afford to work to pay childcare. i need just a little bit of help. my state is south carolina. i thank you for all your time.
blkbee33

assistance with my electric and water bills

Post by blkbee33 »

I'm looking for some assistance with my electric and water bills in South Carolina. My light bill runs around $330 on average a month, and the water bill is hard to calculate because of the leaks that occur, but you can say the $250 to $289 range for that bill as well. I'm the only one working in the home. My average take home now is around $556 bi-weekly after deductions. My mother is diabetic and has a hard time staying warm no matter what season. I would like to find a way to upgrade the home or any other assistance with these bills. The windows in the home need replacing because they've been in place for over 40 years. The frames are falling out of them. This will count for a lot of heating and cooling loss. They are covered right now, but that may not last too long. I do not have the credit needed because of some past medical bills on my credit due to surgery.I'm attempting to try and pay on these within the next month. If you could, please point me in the right directions.
Chesney1
anti spam: Blue

Re: assistance paying my electric bill South Carolina

Post by Chesney1 »

I need assistance with paying a heating bill and was looking online at LIHEAP Energy Assistance Programs. But I cannot seem to find out how to apply. (Seems one can look at things such as this online, but it is difficult to see exactly how you can go about actually getting this assistance.) Please let me know how to do this and who to contact by phone for this in the state of South Carolina. Please advice ASAP as getting this assistance is very important to me.
I would much prefer someone contact me as I may not have access to the Internet and need electric bill help in SC. A phone call could give you all the information you might need to at least begin this process of applying.
Thank you.
GregSmith

Re: assistance paying my electric bill South Carolina

Post by GregSmith »

Hi, I live in Rock Hill South Carolina. I lost my job in September after working there for 2 years. I have 2 daughters, 18 & 8 years old and I am a single parent as of 7 months. I am getting $194 weekly unemployment benefits. My rent is $165 weekly. I use that to keep a roof over me & my girls head, I only have rent and electric bill, no cable.
For the last 2 weeks I have been trying to get help with my electric bill but no success. I don't have an automobile but my mom takes me wherever I need to go, on the days that I can go to the Carolina Community Actions for help, they open at 8:30 am but by the time my mother gets me their which is around 6 am, the line is wrapped around the building. Also they only help the 1st 15 applicants during those 3 days. Well today York Electric turned my power off, and I really don't know where else to turn for help for me and my girls. I'm just reaching out to find help, so if you can, please help me with my Electric bill. Thank you :-)