LIHEAP agency won't return my calls

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Tigers
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

LIHEAP agency won't return my calls

Post by Tigers »

HI, Been trying trying to contact Long Island HEAP for the past three weeks on Monday, Wednesday, Friday for appointment and i start calling at 8:30am as indicated. I call non stop and am not successful in speaking to anyone. Phone is often busy, so I also try calling the social worker and got no respond either. I don't know what else to do can someone help me to get an appointment or something. I can't seem to get thru at all. I live in Orange County. The number i've been calling is and I can never get thru it is now almost 11am and I have been trying since
8:30am on the three days that told to call with no respond.
S wozak

Re: LIHEAP agency won't return my calls

Post by S wozak »

I was wonder how I could go about and getting help with paying my utility's bill. My Salvation Army won't return my call on LIHEAP. We have only been here about a month and I have no job. My boyfriend just started his and only gets paid every two weeks but with him just starting he won’t get paid for almost 3 more weeks and I can’t do any payment plans because I have not been with them for 6 months. I need help I hate asking for help but I really need it.
Bernanke1

Post by Bernanke1 »

I was out of full time employment for over 3 years working temporary jobs and seasonal jobs in Nashville, always attempting to play catch-up once I received a pay check. I received assistance from LIHEAP in early 2012, got on a plan with peoples gas after paying over 1000., since the LIHEAP but my utility bills were so large after paying the deposit for the payment plan I could not continue to pay current utility bills plus rent plus medical bills too. I have a job now and I am trying to catch up, I am current with my electric bill but my gas bill is so big, I don't know where to get the money to begin paying it off to get current. I would appreciate any assistance you can provide to help me catch up. Thank you, sincerely,
Chipper

Post by Chipper »

I need help to pay my electric bill please. I am disabled, elderly, on SSI and Medicaid and I am low income. The local Community Action told me they don’t have a LIHEAP Crisis PROGRAM so I called the main LIHEAP office and spoke to someone and told her my crisis and she told me yes they do have a crisis program and they would help me. She told me I would get a phone call from my local Community Action Agency. I waited for the phone call from Community Action all afternoon today. But they never called... I would thank God for any help you can give me to pay my electric bill so it won’t get disconnected. Please and thank you.
Lackey

Post by Lackey »

Hello, I’m contacting you because I’ve been trying to get help with heat and electric through HEAP but they won’t approve it because for some reason my account says non heating even though it is. Was wondering if you could help with that as they will not return my calls. Also wanted more info on the Weatherization program it says you have online. Please contact me as soon as possible. I live in New York.
Bradshaw1

Post by Bradshaw1 »

Hello,
I'm not having success getting through to the LIHEAP office by phone. The last call was 50 minutes on hold, so I finally hung up and they never return my call.
The same has been happening with the unemployment office numbers during the whole pandemic.
Due to health/cognitive issues that are making it difficult for me to read and process or remember, or even maintain the basics, I am struggling.
I called for assistance with price matching utilities, and it was recommended to wait for the last bill during the offer, which I thought was December, but was November, so I missed the opportunity for that financial assistance.
If someone could help guide me through what options are available for LIHEAP, I would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have a list of LIHEAP programs by state, county, and city. Are you sure you are calling the right number? If so, unfortunately funds are limited....the demand is high. But maybe try again. Find how to apply for LIHEAP near you.