I need rent help in Chicago Illinois

Find how to get help with rent
eddiebak110
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I need rent help in Chicago Illinois

Post by eddiebak110 »

Need help paying rent in chicago il im over 3 months behind on rent and unemployed i live in chicago il
helper

Re: I need rent help in Chicago Illinois

Post by helper »

Chicago has a program that will pay at least one months of rent, as well as help with security deposits and utility bills if needed. They are called One Month’s Rental Assistance and Homeless Prevention Fund. Here is more info
http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/webpo ... 79107[list][/list]
Kelly_Ryan
anti spam: Blue

Post by Kelly_Ryan »

I need help paying some of my rent for July and August. Even though I teach I was reduced to long term substitute status in the Chicago school district this past school year because I had not completed a course required for license renewal. The reduced salary really hurt me financially. I have not been lucky in getting a job so looking for help to pay rent and utilities for July.
DJack

Post by DJack »

I need help with paying my rent balance. I'm able to pay my current rent, but my housing had sent me 2 notices and have threatened filing eviction. My son has been very sick over the last few months and has been in and out of the hospital several times. We've had some unforeseen expenses and missed some time at work.
I support a family of three on my part time job. the electric has also been switched to my name and I'm now responsible for it where my housing used to pay it. I will be able to continue to pay my current rent/utilities, I just need help paying the part due amount, which totals about $1300. I'd appreciate any help that would be available. Thank you.
Malawai

Post by Malawai »

Hello! I am in a financial crisis. Recently, I was working in a suburb north of Chicago and living with my grandparents in Milwaukee. I would commute an hour and twenty minutes each way. When I saved up enough money, I found a place to live with a friend in Chicago. However, a week after signing my lease, people were let go from work. Myself included. Also, I had a back surgery at the end of February and didn't work until the end of April, so I wasn't paid during that time.
Now, having been in Chicago for a month, I cannot pay my rent or seem to find any work because I have a second back surgery next week. My unemployment hasn't come through yet, and I'm working on applying for Disability. Any help is much appreciated! Thank you and God Bless!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are tons of programs to turn to for rent help in Chicago. Most of them are run by government centers. But Catholic Charities is another to try. In total there are probably about 30 different places to turn to. We have a list of them here, and find rental assistance in Chicago.