Need help in Alabama

Find how to get help with rent
sireadon
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help in Alabama

Post by sireadon »

I lost my job back in December due to an illness, disability won't approve until the doctors have a definitive diagnosis, and the doctors say it can take months to get it (intestinal issue). I filed unemployment as well, but they denied because I don't have medical clearance to return to work. Section 8 here (Mobile county AL) is not even giving out vouchers right now, and has closed the waiting list. I have appealed the unemployment (hoping someone has compassion). Don't know where to turn now.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need help in Alabama

Post by Admin »

The timing on disability and unemployment and the delay there doesn't sound right to us. Not sure why/how they can delay that. May want to look into free legal aid. So for that legal advise, plus financial assistance for rent, explore this link for Alabama programs. The top section is more statewide programs, and midway down the page you will find resource for Mobile County Alabama. We have dozens of programs and agencies listed here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ala ... grams.html
sireadon wrote:I lost my job back in December due to an illness, disability won't approve until the doctors have a definitive diagnosis, and the doctors say it can take months to get it (intestinal issue). I filed unemployment as well, but they denied because I don't have medical clearance to return to work. Section 8 here (Mobile county AL) is not even giving out vouchers right now, and has closed the waiting list. I have appealed the unemployment (hoping someone has compassion). Don't know where to turn now.