1200 dollars behind and trying to keep head above water

Find how to get help with rent
sinema
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

1200 dollars behind and trying to keep head above water

Post by sinema »

I've never looked for help before but I'm at the point where I do not know what to do.

I take care of my 17 year old nephew and his 17 year old friend and I'm 32. I was unemployed for over a year and recently found a job that let me go after 90 days due to budget cut backs.

My unemployment paid so little that I barely was able to keep my head above water and when I started this new job I used every dollar I made to try to pay rent, utilities, and gas and things just seem to get met.

My landlord raised my rent an additional 50 dollars a week which really hurt my wallet and now I've gotten so far behind on rent and have lost my job on the 20th I do not know what to do and am finally seeking assistance somewhere.

I've applied to a new job and hopefully I will get it but even then it will not pay enough for me to catch up on rent and other utilities. I believe there is a point where my landlord will be evicting me because my rent has been behind for a long time now.

is there any programs out that that can help a non traditional family like myself out?

Thank you for any replies
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: 1200 dollars behind and trying to keep head above water

Post by Admin »

Do not feel wrong about asking for help. Millions of people have had to do that for the first time over these last few years with the difficult economy. We need to know your state / county in order to provide you an effective answer. Until we hear that from you, try this link for information. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sta ... html#local
Select your state from the list, then scroll down for county, city, etc. You will find agencies, non-profits, and place to call for rent help, utilities, eviction prevention, and much more.
sinema wrote:I've never looked for help before but I'm at the point where I do not know what to do.

I take care of my 17 year old nephew and his 17 year old friend and I'm 32. I was unemployed for over a year and recently found a job that let me go after 90 days due to budget cut backs.

My unemployment paid so little that I barely was able to keep my head above water and when I started this new job I used every dollar I made to try to pay rent, utilities, and gas and things just seem to get met.

My landlord raised my rent an additional 50 dollars a week which really hurt my wallet and now I've gotten so far behind on rent and have lost my job on the 20th I do not know what to do and am finally seeking assistance somewhere.

I've applied to a new job and hopefully I will get it but even then it will not pay enough for me to catch up on rent and other utilities. I believe there is a point where my landlord will be evicting me because my rent has been behind for a long time now.

is there any programs out that that can help a non traditional family like myself out?

Thank you for any replies
sinema

Post by sinema »

Sorry ill add. Indiana and morgan county
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Here is information organizations in your county.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mor ... rogr1.html
The main one to call is South Central Community Action Program, Inc.. If they can't help you, they may know who can. or who has funding.
sinema wrote:Sorry ill add. Indiana and morgan county