Senior assistance programs

State and local government assistance programs.
NewYorkPat
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Senior assistance programs

Post by NewYorkPat »

Can list all the senior assistance programs for people. I never seen one list of them all. I think both federal and state programs would be great, and for low income too. I live in Texas, and relatives in Pennsylvania, and would like to see senior programs for them.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Senior assistance programs

Post by Admin »

There are a varity. try SSI, Section 8 housing, AARP. Even better, many utility companies give help with paying electric bills to seniors. Try selecting the main site, the link is in the top left corner.
G20

Post by G20 »

I HAD AN UNEXPECTED EXPENSE THAT HAS PUT ME BEHIND ON THE RENT AND UTILITY BILLS. I WAS LOOKING FOR A PROGRAM OR ORGANIZATION THAT COULD HELP ME, THAT FOCUSES ON SENIORS. THE AMOUNT I WOULD NEED TO CATCH UP IS $1000.00. I ALSO WOULD LIKE TO BUY SOME LAND AND BUT A MANUFACTURED HOME ON THE LAND AND NOT PAY RENT AT ALL. DUE TO THE ECONOMY, LIKE MOST PEOPLE, AND ESPECIALLY THOSE OVER 60, MY CREDIT TOOK A HARD HIT AND I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GET IT UP TO 640 FOR A RHD LOAN. ARE THERE ANY ORGANIZATIONS THAT CAN HELP ME GET A MORTGAGE AT A LOW PERCENT SO I MAY AFFORD WHAT I NEED.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION
Brit CMA

Post by Brit CMA »

Hello, I'm looking for Assistance with paying for my rent and utility bills. My husband is recently unemployed and we have a 10 year old boy and a daughter who is 5, and we live with his senior citizen parents. Our electricity is going to be shut off soon because we can't afford to pay it. We currently living in Waconia Mountain. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bluecross

Post by Bluecross »

Dear Sir or Madam:
As of now I am 75 years old (will be 76 on June 12) and my wife is 72 years old. I am already retired, But my wife is still working. Because of her deteriorating health condition she will have to retire very soon. After that our income will be reduced seriously. Our income will then be about $25,000 per year before taxes, while we pay $940 rent + $60 electricity (on average) = $1,000 per month, which is $12,000 per year for a simple studio. From the remaining $13,000 we will have to pay: food, clothing, health insurance, copay for doctors' visits and prescriptions, etc.
Libby

Post by Libby »

Two seniors who live in home and are disabled and need financial help for continuing with caregivers, since their social security is not enough for bills and caregivers.
They own their own home and do not qualify for DHS, the state program which hires caregivers for those in the home. They do not want to go to a nursing home which would cost them more than their social security checks combined. Their private funds are gone in 30 days. What financial assistant programs or information can you give us for the seniors, so they can apply
For financial help. The senior couple do not have a computer so may need your phone number. Would appreciate address and phone numbers of senior assistance programs. Thank you for your time.