Finding Apartment (on Disability)

Find how to get help with rent
tonka
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Finding Apartment (on Disability)

Post by tonka »

I am trying to help my sister find an apartment. She has been evicted. SHe is bipolar. She is on disability but the rents in Bergen County are higher than she can afford.
How can she find Section 8 apartments in her price range$900-1000 a month. She also has a dog she is attached too. Any help on this would be appreciated.

TA from Ridgefield Park
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Finding Apartment (on Disability)

Post by Admin »

We assume that is Bergen County New Jersey. If so, then here are various non-profit agencies to call for rent help in Bergen. Call around to these agencies, government programs, and charity type organizations.
You also mentioned section 8. As far as those vouchers and that programs goes, find a listing of PHAs and organizations that provide New Jersey section 8 vouchers. Find some places close to your sister and call them for details.
tonka wrote:I am trying to help my sister find an apartment. She has been evicted. SHe is bipolar. She is on disability but the rents in Bergen County are higher than she can afford.
How can she find Section 8 apartments in her price range$900-1000 a month. She also has a dog she is attached too. Any help on this would be appreciated.

TA from Ridgefield Park
Manning

Post by Manning »

I live in Flint Michigan right now but I homeless and disabled. I am thinking about moving out of the state to Dallas Texas and I’m looking for a apartment like a section 8 housing in Dallas Texas area right now.
I have no job but looking for a job and I’m looking for a apartment. It will be my first apartment ever and I’m looking to have no own place not staying with some one I did that for a long time and I ready to have my own space and be on my own. I am going to be at a shelter and call my brother keep here in Flint MI and I have to be there for 14 days. I need to get a certificate staying I stayed at the men shelter for 14 days and I get my section 8 paper saying I was there for that many days and I was told that I have to stay in the state I’m in for at least a year.
Before I move out of the state and I would need a lot of help on find a apartment to live in in Dallas. I know north Dallas have a ton of apartment next to each other and I would not know were I like to live. I like to live close to the bus line or rail line in Dallas. I have no children. Just me. I have family in Dallas but they have no room for me there and I ready to move in my own place. I am asking for help.
Lebron

Post by Lebron »

I am soon to be homeless. I can no longer afford the rental I am in, which is good for my disability. And need to get out as soon as possible. I have two kids no job. I receive child support and social security for my daughter. Someone else is taking over the lease I have so I will not owe any money but need to move out as soon as possible to a new apartment like in the next day. I do not have any money and I don't know what to do. Or how to do it. Other than get all my things into storage and me and my kids live in my truck until I can figure something out. I need help please for the disabled.
Summerville

Post by Summerville »

I'm currently a single father on disability. I have a young son and I'm looking for housing. At this moment I do work and have carried my job for over six years. I'm looking for assistance in finding an apartment for my son and me. And I was just made aware of home base and will like some information on how I can apply.