energy assistance in Washington DC

State and local government assistance programs.
digocin1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

energy assistance in Washington DC

Post by digocin1 »

is there any assistance to pay utility bills in DC
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: energy assistance in Washington DC

Post by Admin »

digocin1 wrote:is there any assistance to pay utility bills in DC
yes, several utility bill assistance programs in Washington DC. Washington Gas Company has the Washington Area Fuel Fund (WAFF), which helps customers who need assistance with paying their heating bills. They also have the Residential Essential Service (RES) program which offers discount gas rates.

Last, but not least, PEPCO in Washington DC offers the Residential Aid Discount plan, which gives discounts on first 400 kWhs of electricity used by a family each month.
Beamer

Post by Beamer »

Hello, I live in MD, outside Washington. I have a BGE bill in the amount of 2,937 and a turn notice for August the 5th. I did call to get an extension to give me some more time which I know I can't afford to pay my husband has been laid off for 3 years with no unemployment because that is all exhausted out and I also have a son with asthma which he uses a nebulizer machine all the time. So ever since it has been a struggle and it has came so close to losing my home and due to scam door to door phone company stating that they have a lower rate which was not fully explained I signed. I was thinking it would help me come to my surprise here came this huge bill because I was told that I didn't have to do anything everything. They would switch over never telling me that I had to cancel with the other company I was already struggling at that time. My bill was 500 trying to pay that down the best I could I was granted 799 dollars from the energy assistant which brought it down to the amount of 2,937 plus my 100 dollars. I paid on it so I am asking please if you can help me and my family in any way possible. Please let me know don't know what else I can do with trying to pay mortgage and all the rest of our bills by myself. I and drowning and feel myself literary breaking down with no hope left so please, if you can help please let me know. Thanks for taking this time to read this.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you live right outside Washington DC, there is help for utility and heating bills. There is a fuel fund, resources for the disabled that use a nebulizer, and other tools too. Having a bill of $500 is very high though, and if you almost owed $3000 at one time that is progress. But you need to get a job, get over the scam, and rebuild your own hope. So, here are the Washington DC programs for paying energy bills, and you can apply at one or more.