Furnace for the winter and home heating costs

If you are struggling with utility - energy bills.
NHPB has more info on energy assistance, and find local utility bill assistance programs.
Chin12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Furnace for the winter and home heating costs

Post by Chin12 »

Hello, I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction. I have qualified for heating assistance and get a minimal amount to help with my oil heat. I am very appreciative of any help, but my main problem is my heating system. It is smaller than it should be therefore I have to pay over $4,000.00 a winter for heat not including pellets for a pellet
stove we purchased many years ago. I recently had an evaluation done to make sure my house was insulated properly since it's a very old home. The only conclusion we can come up with is the furnace. I have spoken with my local company on trying to replace it but since they said it runs they can't do anything about it. It runs, but not efficiently, not to mention when it is below 0 outside my house inside is 58 and struggling to keep it there. I have children and don't know what else to do. I can't afford myself a new system but apparently I need one. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Furnace for the winter and home heating costs

Post by Admin »

What state? Some states in the northeast (but not all) offer a program known as the Heating Repair Replacement Program. It can help repair (or replace) furnaces, hot water tanks, oil tanks, fireplaces, etc. Basically anything that someone needs to heat their homes. Money is focused on low income, disabled, and elderly of course, but may be an option. Also look into weatherization. Find more on heating replacement program for your home.
Chin12 wrote:Hello, I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction. I have qualified for heating assistance and get a minimal amount to help with my oil heat. I am very appreciative of any help, but my main problem is my heating system. It is smaller than it should be therefore I have to pay over $4,000.00 a winter for heat not including pellets for a pellet
stove we purchased many years ago. I recently had an evaluation done to make sure my house was insulated properly since it's a very old home. The only conclusion we can come up with is the furnace. I have spoken with my local company on trying to replace it but since they said it runs they can't do anything about it. It runs, but not efficiently, not to mention when it is below 0 outside my house inside is 58 and struggling to keep it there. I have children and don't know what else to do. I can't afford myself a new system but apparently I need one. If you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.