In Need of Dental help

Find free or discounted health care, including prescription drugs and more.
Schaub
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: In Need of Dental help

Post by Schaub »

Good Afternoon,
Forgive me in advance for the typos as I am almost not able to see anymore. I am trying to find out where one might go in our area to have a tooth pulled and get dental help. I have researched and contacted many dentists. My husband is 60 years old and we are both disabled. We are on fixed income and have no extra money. We barely are makin our bills. We do not qualify for medi-cal. He has the Obama insurance and that has a $6800 out of pocket. But doesn't cover dental. He is in extreme pain and needs dental help. And not able to eat or drink or sleep for couple of days.
I was trying to find colleges or somewhere. We are at a loss as to what to do.
Thank you for your time.
Respectfully,
Ariana Simon
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: In Need of Dental help

Post by Ariana Simon »

I am a senior at Troy University in Troy, Alabama and need help with dental or a free clinic I am starting my last term on October 11, 2024. I had a gastric sleeve on July 16, July 2023. I, unfortunately, gained a lot of weight back because of being put on thyroid medicine. I can deal with gaining weight. My issue is that I have had significant tooth loss, tooth decay, and teeth breaking off due to deficiency due to the surgery. My mouth is in pain daily. I can't afford a dentist and need help.
The tooth loss is very similar to what woman that is pregnant and experiences dental issues. I will start applying for jobs soon and will never get hired with teeth like mine. I never smile anymore and try not to open my mouth in public. I avoid people I know because I do not want to open my mouth. I'm looking at possibly relocating. My wife is a nurse and can travel nurse or get a job just about anywhere.
Funds are tight for us at this time because I am on total disability with Essential Tremors and a full-time student. I will be coming off of disability hopefully as soon as I can find a job. I am currently on a payment plan with a periodontist in Dothan, Alabama. The periodontist is Dr. Daniel Pittman, DMD. His phone number is 334-793-7232. I have to pay about $4,000.00 of about $9,000.00 to get the implant procedure. I have paid $600.00 to him and the $500.00 to my dentist that will do the teeth fitting. I know this is a long shot, but I wanted to reach out for assistance or a free dental program. I'm not asking for money for myself, but financial aid paid directly to the doctor. Thank you for taking the time to read my email.