Need Emergency Rental Help Fast

Find how to get help with rent
RustyMorris
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need Emergency Rental Help Fast

Post by RustyMorris »

I live in Muhlenberg County Kentucky. I became ill in December of 2009 and I tried 3 times to return to work but my illness kept me home. I worked for the same company for 23 years and on February 28th 2011 I received a letter stating the I was "administratively terminated". We only survive because of family & friends but, unfortunately the rent free home that we were living in is going to be auctioned off. So we had to move, now we need rent & security deposit of $475 each. I am a US Army veteran and I receive medical help from the VA. My wife receives $680 month in child support and it keeps us from getting some financial help. I have applied for long term disability and Social Security Disability with no approval yet. Our land lords need very soon. Thank you to any one who can help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need Emergency Rental Help Fast

Post by Admin »

Try this link for information on Kentucky assistance programs. Also call the local community action agency in your county, which is Pennyrile Allied Community Services is Hopkinsville, KY 42241-0549 and they can be reached at (502) 886-6341.
RustyMorris wrote:I live in Muhlenberg County Kentucky. I became ill in December of 2009 and I tried 3 times to return to work but my illness kept me home. I worked for the same company for 23 years and on February 28th 2011 I received a letter stating the I was "administratively terminated". We only survive because of family & friends but, unfortunately the rent free home that we were living in is going to be auctioned off. So we had to move, now we need rent & security deposit of $475 each. I am a US Army veteran and I receive medical help from the VA. My wife receives $680 month in child support and it keeps us from getting some financial help. I have applied for long term disability and Social Security Disability with no approval yet. Our land lords need very soon. Thank you to any one who can help.
Ecola

Post by Ecola »

Owner waived rent until I am able to get back on my feet. He died and new manager is demanding back rent of several months. Paid 2 months last month with some borrowed funds (which I paid back)but I am about two months away from being able to pay everything in full. Currently unemployed but am working to launch an internet company with a partner. We will get funding within the next 60 days. Right now though, I am stuck and am about to receive a 3 day pay or quit notice. HELP! I don't mind working off as well as paying back any financial assistance offered.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

That is great that you borrowed some money and already paid it back. Since you have shown your willingness to repay a debt, anyway to borrow the money again from the same source? Sometimes people will do that if you have shown in the past your strong credit and repayment history. If not, then find other Michigan rent and housing assistance programs here, http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mic ... grams.html at this resource. It is a great listing of state and local programs.
Ecola wrote:Owner waived rent until I am able to get back on my feet. He died and new manager is demanding back rent of several months. Paid 2 months last month with some borrowed funds (which I paid back)but I am about two months away from being able to pay everything in full. Currently unemployed but am working to launch an internet company with a partner. We will get funding within the next 60 days. Right now though, I am stuck and am about to receive a 3 day pay or quit notice. HELP! I don't mind working off as well as paying back any financial assistance offered.