Small Chest Freezer needed

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Askahomeopath
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Small Chest Freezer needed

Post by Askahomeopath »

Hi,
I am a single widow on very low Social Security.
The landlord provides a fridge but the freezer is so small it will not even hold my meals on wheels weekly food.
I used to can and freeze a lot. If I had a freezer I could put by food for myself. I could buy on sale meat and store it in the freezer. Please, is there anyone out there that has a used Freezer to give away?
I am in Easley, SC Thanks, Alva
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Small Chest Freezer needed

Post by Admin »

Some programs may offer appliances, like an energy efficient freezer. But you will need to call around. Find details on Pickens South Carolina charities, non-profits, and agencies to call for help. Ask about weatherization. The are places like the Salvation Army, Pickens County (864) 855-6408 and many other places listed on that link. Maybe weatherization, which is government funded program, can help too.
Askahomeopath wrote:Hi,
I am a single widow on very low Social Security.
The landlord provides a fridge but the freezer is so small it will not even hold my meals on wheels weekly food.
I used to can and freeze a lot. If I had a freezer I could put by food for myself. I could buy on sale meat and store it in the freezer. Please, is there anyone out there that has a used Freezer to give away?
I am in Easley, SC Thanks, Alva
BAMurdoch

Post by BAMurdoch »

I recently had my stove and fridge repossessed from white and stafford and now i am doing without stove, fridge and couple other things that aren't much. If you come across one, it would be wonderful. Are there any government programs for these ,or other options. Please, let me know. I think I have all my friends looking too.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

Some charities, like your local church, Salvation Army thrift store, or Catholic Charities may all provide household products like what you are looking for. Find our listing of charities, and you can probably start with them and to get ideas and information on where to go and who to call.
BAMurdoch wrote:I recently had my stove and fridge repossessed from white and stafford and now i am doing without stove, fridge and couple other things that aren't much. If you come across one, it would be wonderful. Are there any government programs for these ,or other options. Please, let me know. I think I have all my friends looking too.