HELP NEEDED FOR MEDICAL SCHOOL INTERVIEW TRAVELLING EXPENSES

Find charities that can provide help and assistance
jye
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

HELP NEEDED FOR MEDICAL SCHOOL INTERVIEW TRAVELLING EXPENSES

Post by jye »

Coming from a very low income family and seeing and experiencing what poverty is all about has given me the determination to always work and studied hard to achieve something in life. This journey has not been an easy one finacially. My intention is to enter Medical school next year 2012. In the mean time, I have registered in a local University in a small town taking some science courses which will help me.I have sent applications to 15 Medical Schools and waiting for interviews. My biggest challenge right now is being able to afford and go for the interviews. (Airfares etc). I just don't know how to finance it. Where can I get help? Thank you and God bless you.
Last edited by jye on Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: HELP NEEDED FOR MEDICAL SCHOOL INTERVIEW TRAVELLING EXPE

Post by Admin »

Congratulations on taking initiative, getting into med school, and trying to better your life and future. We suggest maybe calling a community action agency. Click here for more information. Some may provide gas vouchers for job interviews, free school clothing, and run transportation programs. Use the previous link. If your county is not listed scroll to bottom for additional counties. Also really explore the main site of needhelppayingbills, use the nav buttons on left margin, and find and read about thousands of agencies and programs, many of which can help college students and provide transportation.
jye wrote:Coming from a very low income family and seeing and experiencing what poverty is all about has given me the determination to always work and studied hard to achieve something in life. I gained admision to a top University and by God's grace through Scholarships, grants and work study I graduated this past May with a Chemistry major and a Biochemistry concentration as a Pre-Med Student. This journey has not been an easy one finacially. My intention is to enter Medical school next year 2012. In the mean time, I have registered in a local University in a small town taking some science courses which will help me in Medical School. I have taken the MCAT and did well. I have sent applications to 15 Medical Schools and waiting for interviews. My biggest challenge right now is being able to go for the interviews. I just don't know how to finance it. I have come too far to quit. I just found this site and decided to write to see if there is an organization or someone who can help me. Thank you.