car repairs or help with it

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
cowgirl4always
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

car repairs or help with it

Post by cowgirl4always »

I am a single mother in michigan who is having major car issues. I have just spend the last of my savings trying to fix it and now I am stuck. Dont know what is wrong with it, and cant even find a mechanic to look at it for free. Please help, My daughter starts school in a month and I have no job now because I have no vehicle!!!! Any info would be appriciated!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: car repairs or help with it

Post by Admin »

While I hate to say it, car repairs are more difficult to get help with. But we will give you some information and guidance, and maybe it will help. Call your local community action agency or non-profits in Michigan. Use this link for help in Michigan, and scroll midway down the page and select your county.
This resource will also bring you some generic information on where to get a used car from (sometimes for free) or maybe free automobile repairs too. Sometimes a car is offered if someone needs it work work. Free cars and repairs
cowgirl4always wrote:I am a single mother in michigan who is having major car issues. I have just spend the last of my savings trying to fix it and now I am stuck. Dont know what is wrong with it, and cant even find a mechanic to look at it for free. Please help, My daughter starts school in a month and I have no job now because I have no vehicle!!!! Any info would be appriciated!
Tybee

Post by Tybee »

Have three kids and we were both layed off work last month along with our car blowing every possible part it could. Our grandma helped us buy a new car but all our utilities are about to be shut off and if they get shut off we get evicted also we do not have the money to get legal tags on the new car
Merkey

Post by Merkey »

Car tires fell off while pulling into work. repairs must be made in order to drive it, yet i can not get to work without the car, and without work i have no funds to repair the vehicle.
Dax

Post by Dax »

I'm a single mom of two with no family in Texas, I'm currently working but my hours have been cut down. As I was on my way to work this morning my vehicle decided to quit, it's not running and without it I cannot get to work. I live in Plano need help getting my rent and electric bill paid for the month of August so that I may get school supplies and clothes for my two children as well as trying to get my vehicle fixed. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have some information on how to get free car repairs. Usually a local church is a good source, but there are some national organizations. Find details on car repairs from charities.
Tybee wrote:Have three kids and we were both layed off work last month along with our car blowing every possible part it could. Our grandma helped us buy a new car but all our utilities are about to be shut off and if they get shut off we get evicted also we do not have the money to get legal tags on the new car
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Your Plano Texas or Collin County community action agency could be a good place to call for car repairs and help with rent and utilities. Find an extensive listing of Plano Texas assistance programs. The Plano - Collin County community action agency can be called at (903) 872-2401.
Dax wrote:I'm a single mom of two with no family in Texas, I'm currently working but my hours have been cut down. As I was on my way to work this morning my vehicle decided to quit, it's not running and without it I cannot get to work. I live in Plano need help getting my rent and electric bill paid for the month of August so that I may get school supplies and clothes for my two children as well as trying to get my vehicle fixed. Thank you.
gibbs

Post by gibbs »

I live in Long Beach California. recently was involved in a vehicle accident (not at fault) and I had to pay for a rental car and gas and get the doctor. I also need to repair the car. Because of all this I am not able to pay my bills or get my truck out because the deductible is so high. I need assistance with rent ($1600 + 800 which is late), light bill ($207), water ($125), and my deductible ($500). Then I have to pay daycare for my kids ($407 and $147). I also recently found out one of my daughters has a mass on her brain. Hard times man.
Moochie

Post by Moochie »

My car I bought broke down on me two weeks after I bought it. The mechanic fixed the car without giving me a quote and now I have to pay $2400 to get it back. I had to drop out of my classes and miss a lot of job interviews.
I really need my car. I'm a single mother of two. It took me 5 years to get money for the car. I really need my car back if I'm going to make it. Please if anyone could help you will be saving me from much stress and worry that I would lose all that money I spent on the car so far. Need help fast. The more it stays at the shop the more he's charging me for storing it.
Siva1

Post by Siva1 »

I am here in Grinnell Iowa and me and my boyfriend came here to visit and our car broke down a now we are stuck here. We are trying to find jobs. But it's hard to do with no car. His family won't help with nothing, or help us repair it.
My family, which is in Texas, has been helping for the last week or so but I can't get no more help from them on. We are going to be sleeping on the streets. How do I go about getting a motel voucher for where we have been staying for the last 3 days until we can come up with the money for his car repair? Please contact me ASAP at this email.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Obviously car repair programs are very rare. Sometimes a mechanic may volunteer their time, but the client needs to pay for parts. Or there are Salvation Army programs or church run groups. In almost all cases, the repairs will need to be very minor in nature. Any major work will not be covered, but try this to find car repair assistance programs.
Siva1 wrote:I am here in Grinnell Iowa and me and my boyfriend came here to visit and our car broke down a now we are stuck here. We are trying to find jobs. But it's hard to do with no car. His family won't help with nothing, or help us repair it.