One time back rent help

Find how to get help with rent
BillyJean
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

One time back rent help

Post by BillyJean »

We got behind after we lost our two cars, and my husband only worked 33 hours for the past two weeks, only bringing home 599.00 a week. We were already behind on rent, and barely making it by. My landlord charges us 25.00 the first day the rent is late and then 5.00 a day until it is paid. We will be 2home months behind on the 21st 0f the month, and all our other bills are past due. My husband is due to go back to work full time this week, and we will be fine. Is there any organization that can help us pay back rent and electric just this once, that would help us out. And is there any place were we can get help getting a car since the bus system does not run out in our area and the closest cab is over an hour away? Thank you for your time any advice helps!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: One time back rent help

Post by Admin »

For your energy and heating bills in Colorado, call your utility company directly. Most will provide you cash, disconnection prevention, and/or referrals. Here is a listing of Colorado energy assistance. For example, Atmos offers the Sharing the Warmth program for gas and other bills. Also try calling the Energy $avings Partnership Program at 1-866-432-8435. The Energy Resource Center also runs across all of Colorado.
BillyJean wrote:We got behind after we lost our two cars, and my husband only worked 33 hours for the past two weeks, only bringing home 599.00 a week. We were already behind on rent, and barely making it by. My landlord charges us 25.00 the first day the rent is late and then 5.00 a day until it is paid. We will be 2home months behind on the 21st 0f the month, and all our other bills are past due. My husband is due to go back to work full time this week, and we will be fine. Is there any organization that can help us pay back rent and electric just this once, that would help us out. And is there any place were we can get help getting a car since the bus system does not run out in our area and the closest cab is over an hour away? Thank you for your time any advice helps!
Heretoball

Post by Heretoball »

i need help with my back rent and with getting either cable or a converter box. I had a converter box but one day it just decided to stop working so now i cant watch tv at all because i didn't even have a dvd player. i was doing okay with my rent until someone broke in my house and stole my belongings and all my food out of my refrigerator and pantry. so i had to try and buy food with the little money i had left because i don't work. i am a dialysis patient and i receive ssi as my financial support and that's all i have. if you can help me out i really would appreciate it...thanks in advance!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

That is a very diverse request...rent and cable box. Do not think have ever seen a request like that before. You may want to explore our list of various housing, cable, and rent programs. This is a fairly decent summary tab on our site. If you do through it I think we even have some tips on saving on cable bills, and definitely rent and low income housing. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... bills.html
Heretoball wrote:i need help with my back rent and with getting either cable or a converter box. I had a converter box but one day it just decided to stop working so now i cant watch tv at all because i didn't even have a dvd player. i was doing okay with my rent until someone broke in my house and stole my belongings and all my food out of my refrigerator and pantry. so i had to try and buy food with the little money i had left because i don't work. i am a dialysis patient and i receive ssi as my financial support and that's all i have. if you can help me out i really would appreciate it...thanks in advance!
Prime

Post by Prime »

Catch up back rent. I had back surgery and couldn't work now. I'm back to work and it's hard trying to catch up. If I could get the balance paid I could move forward. Eviction proceedings had started again.
I have nowhere to turn even if I had to pay the money back monthly. I could and I have a good job but catching up from when I was out for 7 months set me back. Help please!