Car repairs

State and local government assistance programs.
Danny
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Car repairs

Post by Danny »

HI I AM A SINGLE MOTHER OF 3, I UNFORTUNATELY LOST MY JOB OF TAKING CARE OF AN OLD LADY THAT WAS VERY ILL AND THE SAME DAY MY CAR DIED ON MY WAY HOME 6MO AGO I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR WORK BUT NO LUCK IT'S HARD DO TO THE FACT THAT I HAVE NO TRANSPORTATION AND LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN SO THERE IS NO BUSES AND I HAVE NO FAMILY MY GRANDMA RAISED ME AND SHE PASSED YEARS AGO.... SO IT'S HARD FOR ME TO GET AROUND I'M WRITING YOU IN HOPE AND PRAYER THAT YOU CAN HELP ME YOU SEE IN ALL THIS MESS THE WORST IS HAPPENING I AM ABOUT TO LOSE MY HOME I RENT I'VE LIVED IN MY HOME NOW FOR 7YRS I CAN'T PAY MY RENT OF $500 UNTIL MY CAR GETS REPAIRED I OWE ALMOST $2000 IN BACK RENT MY LANDLORD IS A WONDERFUL MAN BUT HE CAN'T KEEP RENTING TO ME I CAN'T LOSE MY HOME IT'S ALL MY KIDS AND I HAVE WE WILL HAVE NO WHERE TO GO PLEASE I'M CRYING OUT FOR ANY KIND OF DIRECTION, HELP I HOPE YOU ARE ABLE TO HELP US. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Car repairs

Post by Admin »

Well fixing cars is not a common assistance programs out there. Maybe the best palce to call is your local community action agency. So if there is a program, it is usually for fixing a car for a work or employment related issue, which sounds like your situation. So get more information on car repairs for free, some tips and tricks, and some general advice and support. Salvation Army, Catholic Charities, community action agency, and a few other places are probably the best places to call. Even try 1800 charity cars.
Danny wrote:HI I AM A SINGLE MOTHER OF 3, I UNFORTUNATELY LOST MY JOB OF TAKING CARE OF AN OLD LADY THAT WAS VERY ILL AND THE SAME DAY MY CAR DIED ON MY WAY HOME 6MO AGO I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING FOR WORK BUT NO LUCK IT'S HARD DO TO THE FACT THAT I HAVE NO TRANSPORTATION AND LIVE IN A SMALL TOWN SO THERE IS NO BUSES AND I HAVE NO FAMILY MY GRANDMA RAISED ME AND SHE PASSED YEARS AGO.... SO IT'S HARD FOR ME TO GET AROUND I'M WRITING YOU IN HOPE AND PRAYER THAT YOU CAN HELP ME YOU SEE IN ALL THIS MESS THE WORST IS HAPPENING I AM ABOUT TO LOSE MY HOME I RENT I'VE LIVED IN MY HOME NOW FOR 7YRS I CAN'T PAY MY RENT OF $500 UNTIL MY CAR GETS REPAIRED I OWE ALMOST $2000 IN BACK RENT MY LANDLORD IS A WONDERFUL MAN BUT HE CAN'T KEEP RENTING TO ME I CAN'T LOSE MY HOME IT'S ALL MY KIDS AND I HAVE WE WILL HAVE NO WHERE TO GO PLEASE I'M CRYING OUT FOR ANY KIND OF DIRECTION, HELP I HOPE YOU ARE ABLE TO HELP US. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS
Radostina

Post by Radostina »

I have four small children I recently put a down payment of 600 on a 96 dodge caravan with no warranty and now the radiator and the a/c is messed up and I need to replace them. With me needing to fix my van in order for me to go to work everyday and provide For my children I am unable to pay all of my rent and utilities(gas/water/lights) plus my van payment I am already two payments behind(which is $200 altogether)if I lose my van I can't work if I can't work I will be homeless and unable to provide for my four small children I never ask for help I always am able to pay my bills until my van broke down the only help I've ever gotten from the government is food stamps and my children are on AR kids 1st I would really appreciate any help or advice that you can offer it is much appreciated I can not stress it enough thanks deeply
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is that Arkansas that you live in? Many agencies and government programs operate in counties, cities, and regions across Arkansas, and may have rent help, utilities, debt counseling, and other low income housing programs. they can often help with utilities too. Car repairs more challenging to get, but call and ask. Find how to get help in Arkansas with paying expenses and various bills. We also have information on food programs in Arkansas too, like food banks.
Radostina wrote:I have four small children I recently put a down payment of 600 on a 96 dodge caravan with no warranty and now the radiator and the a/c is messed up and I need to replace them. With me needing to fix my van in order for me to go to work everyday and provide For my children I am unable to pay all of my rent and utilities(gas/water/lights) plus my van payment I am already two payments behind(which is $200 altogether)if I lose my van I can't work if I can't work I will be homeless and unable to provide for my four small children I never ask for help I always am able to pay my bills until my van broke down the only help I've ever gotten from the government is food stamps and my children are on AR kids 1st I would really appreciate any help or advice that you can offer it is much appreciated I can not stress it enough thanks deeply
GoGetters

Post by GoGetters »

I live in spokane washington. i am looking for help with auto repairs and i am wanting to pay payments for those repairs out of my ssdi check every month. like i said, i am ssi receipant and money??? ----- eh? , what is that.....so i am at the mercy of someone, anyone, or anyplace that would be willing to consider me and my request. i am trustworthy and my word is solid, i do not participate in any of the violence, or the law breaking of spokane wa. and i would certainly be appreciative and grateful if i could find some help, thank you so much, sincerely
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We always say that auto repairs are hard to get. Not too many charities or non-profits will provide for them. If you are willing to make payments on your car repairs in Spokane then maybe take out a low interest rate loan to pay it off. Also try calling these agencies and non-profits for advice.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/spo ... _prog.html

GoGetters wrote:I live in spokane washington. i am looking for help with auto repairs and i am wanting to pay payments for those repairs out of my ssdi check every month. like i said, i am ssi receipant and money??? ----- eh? , what is that.....so i am at the mercy of someone, anyone, or anyplace that would be willing to consider me and my request. i am trustworthy and my word is solid, i do not participate in any of the violence, or the law breaking of spokane wa. and i would certainly be appreciative and grateful if i could find some help, thank you so much, sincerely
Annies Emerald

Post by Annies Emerald »

Hi, I am a single mother of two. I work full time as well as go to school and take care my kids. I have a car that I'm paying a car loan on as well as insurance. And its gotten to the point I can't afford the repairs once all of bills or paid I only would have money for food. Things like this is the reason why I am going to school to better myself as well as I teach my kids how important education is to have. I am getting to point I want to give up, but my kids motivate me so I don't want to fell them like there father did. And this is my last hope so if you can please help me. I never ask for help in my life but now I really do need it and prays not answering.
Earningsp

Post by Earningsp »

I'm pleading with you to please help me with assistance with my rent and gas bill. The reason why I'm in need of assistance is because of unexpected car trouble which is my only form of transportation to work. My car needed a new engine which was 1200.00 plus an axle and a alternator. I was without a car for about 2 in a half months. My car is my transportation to work and to take my kids to and from school doctors appointment etc. I've been struggling trying to balance out paying my rent fixing my car maintain the lights and gas its been a struggle being that I'm a single mother of two. I'm in desperate need of help Christmas is right around the corner and I would like to buy my children a gift.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We can't provide direct help, however we can refer you to agencies in Linn County. Maybe they will also have suggestions on the car repairs you need too.
Some agencies may offer car repairs if you need it for work and if you do have a job. Here are some places to call in Oregon for rent, energy assistance, and maybe the car assistance too. They may also have special programs for single moms. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
JakeTapper1

Post by JakeTapper1 »

I’m curious and desperate for help. I recently got out of an abusive marriage. I'm doing well for my kids and I however the last few months have been very difficult with rent. In addition to that my car broke down today.
I have to come up with $1800 to have it fixed by Thursday. I have a great job and am self-sufficient. Doing everything I can to provide for my kids. I do not get child support as I am in middle of a divorce. My rent I'd due and it is $1200.
I will be okay next month because I am getting a substantial raise. Not if I can’t get my car by Thursday or pay my rent I will lose my job and kids and I will be forced to move back to my husbands hometown. If any help is available please let me know. Thank you and god bless.
Larrysfish

Post by Larrysfish »

Currently living in a hotel and my car broke down and needs repairs. I have seizures which I take Kepler for and will need them for the rest of my life. The recent seizures has left me with work, I've lost my ID during a trip to the E.R. And am running out of options and hope for finding a place to live. I was on the streets or living in my car for a very short time but got this far on my own, but need some real help soon. I'm a freelance artist, and musician but have lost all my things from selling them to strangers straight up stealing it out of my truck. Which I'm now also without for the past 6 months and walk / take the bus everywhere until my truck is repaired. But it’s just too exhausting to do on my own. Please someone help. Thank you,
Bobbert

Post by Bobbert »

Hello,
My name is Dori and I live in Washington state and I need car repairs. I am a senior on a limited income. I also received state and federal assistance with housing.
I found your email address while I was looking for help getting my car fixed. I have a 21-year-old car which I am the original owner of. Recently I took it in for a free safety check. That free safety check report added up to some money that I do not have. Then the other day I was coming home and the check engine light came on, needing more car repairs. I took it to the auto store and they said it could be the catalytic converter but I would have to have a mechanic look at it. Needless to say for someone who doesn't know much about cars I know that adds up. I bought this car brand new back in 2001. I live in a very small rural community in Washington state. I cannot be without a vehicle. I need my vehicle to go to the doctor to go to the grocery store go to the Post office and run other errands. I also have a therapy animal and I have to be able to take that animal to the vet if it is necessary to do so.
So I will have to make an appointment with a mechanic for the car repairs whom I trust and see what exactly the code from the check engine light actually is. If I were to have everything repaired that was first given to me that would add up to $1,400. But the people at my mechanic said I probably don't need to have all of that fixed. But I do not know because I don't know anything about vehicles. I did get a battery which cost $200. That's a lot of money for someone like me.
If something else goes wrong it's going to cost some money. And probably it won't be worth fixing. Because my car is 21 years old. I haven't had any problems with it for a long time it doesn't make any funny noises or do anything strange.
I looked on many websites and spent five hours searching. There doesn't seem to be a lot of help for people who live in Washington state needless to say there isn't a lot of help for people who live in Jefferson county Washington.
So I only have one organization that can help me but they can only give me $500 upon receipt from my mechanic. Undoubtedly that's probably not even going to be a drop in the bucket. And I have no way to pay for any of it so I'm not even sure if repairs will be worth it or if I will have to get another vehicle. And I probably can't do that either. So I'm reaching out to you and I hope that you will be able to help the 62-year-old senior lady because I really need help.
I know times are tough for a lot of people and I receive food stamps I'm on Medicare I have section 8 housing and I barely get by. So can you please please help me with this?