Out of towner,husband in hospital in palliative care(dieing)

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
vickiemck
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Out of towner,husband in hospital in palliative care(dieing)

Post by vickiemck »

hello,
I've never asked anyone for help. I'm the one who helps others. Four weeks ago on May 7th my husband had a abdominal aorta aneuism. he was in intensive care for three weeks and friday May 29 was moved to palliative care in Harris hospital, fort worth texas. That is a unit one goes while waiting to die. We do not live in this state. We live in Oklahoma' but my husbands business was here and when he got sick it was here in fort worth texas. I've packed his office up and closed it. There is no more money coming in. We do not have health insurance and the first bill, the ambulance bill came here in the amount of $1600. It is not a matter of if but when my husband dies it will take at least two months before any insurance kicks in and that is very little. In the meantime We will loose our house and car. If you could direct me to any help I would be most grateful. You may check out all that I have written. the name is Mckasson and he is in the HARRIS HOSPITAL in fort worth and I am his wife vickie.
thank you.
vickiemck
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Out of towner,husband in hospital in palliative care(die

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like you have many expenses dealing with in your situation.
If you are running up medical bills and debts, there are programs like non-profit credit counselors, hospital charity care, and other options. Find how to get help with medical bills. I think a big one you want to look into is charity care. Also medical bills in general should be the last you pay (over care, rent, housing, etc.) as doctors are usually least aggressive in collecting.

As far as agencies and places to go to for help in Fort Worth, click here. Numerous government programs, non-profits, and other places help struggling in the Fort Worth Texas area.

vickiemck wrote:hello,
I've never asked anyone for help. I'm the one who helps others. Four weeks ago on May 7th my husband had a abdominal aorta aneuism. he was in intensive care for three weeks and friday May 29 was moved to palliative care in Harris hospital, fort worth texas. That is a unit one goes while waiting to die. We do not live in this state. We live in Oklahoma' but my husbands business was here and when he got sick it was here in fort worth texas. I've packed his office up and closed it. There is no more money coming in. We do not have health insurance and the first bill, the ambulance bill came here in the amount of $1600. It is not a matter of if but when my husband dies it will take at least two months before any insurance kicks in and that is very little. In the meantime We will loose our house and car. If you could direct me to any help I would be most grateful. You may check out all that I have written. the name is Mckasson and he is in the HARRIS HOSPITAL in fort worth and I am his wife vickie.
thank you.
vickiemck