Find how to get help with rent
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Security deposit assistance programs

Post by Admin »

It is a combination of things. Like he should use a food bank for his meals vs. spending that money on food. Also look into government medicine programs for health care needs. Those things will free up cash for rent and deposits. And also look into rent assistance in Santa Clara county California, as non-profits will help with paying for deposits and first months rent too. So he has that going for him as well.
Nicks19 wrote:My friend is homeless and on disability. He only receives 300 and something a month until he has a residence. He has been approved for a house and having a lot of difficulty coming up with the
deposit and first month so he can get off the streets and his check increase (able to pay bills). He has paid $100.00 and has to pay $550.00 more to get in. Please let me know if there is any way to help. DSS will help with $300 but only after, he has the other $250. He has been using the money from this month to eat and survive. The assistance can be made payable to or directly given to him. Thank you and May God Bless!
VirAmerica

Post by VirAmerica »

My family and I were evicted in August and have been staying with random family and friends since that time trying to get on our feet. We have a 3 year old son and another baby boy due any day now. We can not find a place large enough for us all to stay together right now so my husband has been staying in another house, which really hurts because we are split up right as our second son is about to be born. All we need is security deposit assistance and we will be able to maintain. Please help us get into a home so we can all live as a family again. Thank you so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Does your friend have a plan in place to pay the rent after he gets in the house? If so, then there may be some security and rent deposit programs. However before giving out cash most agencies want to ensure people will pay the rent, and not just get evicted in the near future. So read more on security deposit assistance agencies like the Salvation Army. Yes, homeless can be supported and receive aid too. Work with your DSS as well.
Nicks19 wrote:My friend is homeless and on disability. He only receives 300 and something a month until he has a residence. He has been approved for a house and having a lot of difficulty coming up with the deposit and first month so he can get off the streets and his check increase (able to pay bills). He has paid $100.00 and has to pay $550.00 more to get in. Please let me know if there is any way to help. DSS will help with $300 but only after, he has the other $250. He has been using the money from this month to eat and survive. The assistance can be made payable to or directly given to him. Thank you and May God Bless!
Buddy1

Post by Buddy1 »

Hello, I live in Grand Rapids, MI. My hours at work have currently been cut and my rent is overdue. I am a full time student and I am just running into problems trying to find some assistance. I would just need help paying this month and maybe next month if possible. I do understand there may be others who are more in need than I am, but I truly need help. My family doesn't live here and I will have nowhere to go if I'm evicted. Any info you have on deposits too and I would like to move closer to my family. Thank you for your time. Have a wonderful day.
Memories

Post by Memories »

I have found and been approved for an apartment. I am in need of $200.00 for the deposit so I can place a hold on the apartment that will be ready by May 1st 2013. I have been waiting for my taxes to come in to be able to do this and I have not received them yet. I am a single mom and a full time student. Currently my son and I are staying with my brother and his family. We are in need of the money for the deposit and possibly the 1st month’s rent. Thank You.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do have tips for deposits as well as some agencies that may have funding for you. Some, like the Salvation Army, operate across the country and others are more local in nature, such as a church. Our leading source of information for security deposits can be found here. Note this is not as common as rental programs. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... tance.html
Roker

Post by Roker »

I'm homeless and my girlfriend has been trying to help me by letting me stay at her family members' houses. I'm only 17, when I turned 16 my aunt and uncle kicked me off because they couldn't benefit off me anymore with the money I got a month for being adopted. My mother was on drugs so my brother and I were separated and sent to foster homes. My aunt and uncle took custody of me when they found out the benefits. I was staying with my girlfriend's mother but she found it awkward and inappropriate once my girlfriend went off to a new state for a job. I recently got a job, and a landlord gave me a deal on an apartment because my girlfriend is a student in the area. All I need is the security deposit. I'll pay it back and do whatever it takes, I just need a place soon because I have no where else to go after this week is up. Help please. Call me if anyone sees this.
Cassandra

Post by Cassandra »

Hello, I'm from Buffalo NY and I'm trying to find some assistance for the security deposit to help me move. I'm getting evicted after I call the health department on my landlord and have to be out his house by the 27th of October. Which is impossible for me to do with disability income. Can you please give me some insight on what I can do for the deposit? Thank you have a bless day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are rent and security deposit programs in Buffalo that are run by many agencies. But if you are getting evicted, it will be hard to get help as any program will think it they assist it is throwing good money at a bad situation. You better have a plan in place for stability. That is probably the only way and Erie County New York security deposit program will even consider helping you.
Cassandra wrote:Hello, I'm from Buffalo NY and I'm trying to find some assistance for the security deposit to help me move. I'm getting evicted after I call the health department on my landlord and have to be out his house by the 27th of October. Which is impossible for me to do with disability income. Can you please give me some insight on what I can do for the deposit? Thank you have a bless day.
Thrones

Post by Thrones »

I am a single parent, and I am looking for help if possible to pay the part of first month’s rent and the deposit. I am currently a student and I am still in the process of looking for a full time job. My deposit is $587 and my rent is $1250 and I have will have $600. I only need help just this one time. I have never asked for help in regards to this and do apologize for the inconvenience. I sincerely hope to hear back from someone. Thank you.
shirlee

Post by shirlee »

Me and my fiancée are expecting a baby boy in August. We signed up for an apartment. We are supposed to move in the first week of April but I got hurt at work and was told I will most likely need back surgery.
He is the only one working at the moment due to my injury. We just don't have the money to move in now or pay the utility deposits and I'm in fear of us being homeless if we can't come up with the money because the family of ours we are staying with is putting us out regardless if we have a place to stay or not.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Some of the security deposit and rent programs in Jersey City may help here. But as you said, you will need a job. What is the recovery period for the back surgery? Maybe live with family until you recover and get work. As that will help you in your quest for security deposit assistance.
Star Violet

Post by Star Violet »

I'm currently looking for assistance with my deposit. I just got approved for my section 8 and don't have enough income to cover my deposit. Is there any other programs that could help me? I'm a family of 4 and receive cal-works and child support with a total income of $982 a month. Please let me know what my options are. Thank you.
Mccant

Post by Mccant »

Good afternoon,
I wanted to reach out because I'm a little confused to why is it so many organizations out here to help families with rent and utilities but not to help with security deposits! I need HELP with my security deposit my landlord said she only can hold my house for 2 weeks so I can try and come up with my security deposit. I literally just found another job and I need HELP! I'm still waiting on my taxes, etc. and 3rd stimulus check. I never been in a messed up situation like this and definitely don't like putting my business out here like this either. I currently receive Section 8 with Dallas Housing. I'm lost and need HELP can someone point me in the right direction for security deposit assistance PLEASE... School has started and I haven't been able to get my 3 kids clothes, shoes nor my son a haircut. I'm reaching out not to be judged but for assistance. Thanks and have a blessed day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, deposit help tends to be less common. But not impossible in Minneapolis or other cities. Generally the applicant needs to be able to prove housing stability and ability to make future rent payments, which is not very common. Regardless look here for options.
https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... stanc.html
Mccant wrote: Tue May 31, 2022 1:29 pm Good afternoon,
I wanted to reach out because I'm a little confused to why is it so many organizations out here to help families with rent and utilities but not to help with security deposits!