Help with bills and debts from tragedy

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Loutuf
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with bills and debts from tragedy

Post by Loutuf »

My family needs help with the bills and paying debts that we have because my husband was robbed and shot outside his workplace and he has sustained major injuries from this. Terrible tragedy. This has left him paralyzed and he has a colostomy bag. He was the mojor bread winner in our home and now things are really tough with only one income coming into our home and the way things are looking we are gonna have to move into a more modified home with wheelchair accessibility. If there is any way you can help up it will be grealty appreciated. I work 35 miles from where I live and I foresee that I can't even afford to work. I make less then $25,000.00 a year and I need help. Please help me find programs I can use. my husband has been in the hospital for almost a week and has been back and forth to the doctors for 2 months and hasnt been able to get the hours he needs to make enough money to cover our bills hes still employed but is unable to work this week or next our h20 disconnect is 4/25 at
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with bills and debts from tragedy

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear of that tragedy. If your husband was shot, did you look into legal action against the person/criminal? Try a personal attorney to sue the heck out of someone.
Also, some charities may be able to provide some limited financial assistance. They tent to help people facing a crisis or medical emergency, sounds like you are. There are places lile Alliance of Claims Professionals as well as Healthwell Foundation. Both can provide help for utility bills, debts, shelter, and other financial aid. The focus is on medical bills, prescriptions and such, but aid can go beyond that.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/fin ... al_bi.html
Holly1

Post by Holly1 »

I am a single mother of two. I work a full-time job to provide for my children. My rent is $750 a month. This month my checks have been extremely short due to having to take off for appointments. This check that was received today was in the amount of $572. After the bank took the fees that were owed to them I was left with $482. I currently have nothing saved for the rent that is due on 9/1/2012. On top of my rent I have to pay $114 for my car insurance, $140 for my phone bill, $75 per month on credit card debt, $142 for my cable bill (which is behind 2 months), My water bill is also past due which is roughly around $150 and I also have childcare expenses. All of these expenses that I just named are due with this check. I have no idea how I am going to get all of this paid. The main thing that I am worried about right now is my rent, my phone and my car insurance because I need to make sure that my children have a place to stay and are safe as well as a way to be contacted if there is an emergency and a way to get to work to be able to provide for my children. ANY help in any way will be greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Some of what you need help with, such as cable, is a joke. Cancel your cable. That is a luxury if you are truly struggling. But there are agencies to try in Jackson County Missouri. Maybe they can direct you to voucher programs for child care or Lifeline for the phone. The counselors at different non-profits may also show you how to build up savings so if your check is ever short in the future you can still qualify for some form of financial help. Read Jackson County Missouri assistance programs.