Home repairs

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
jul75741181
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Home repairs

Post by jul75741181 »

We are a large family of 10 in cumberland County pa, with a very limited income. I have children in school and pre-school age. Our home is in need of desperate repairs for my living room ceiling is drooping due to the main beam in the ceiling has broken in half. Some of the main joist are cracked beyond repair and need replaced. I'm afraid some day it's just going to fall. I have contacted my home owner insurance and they will do nothing becauses it is a maintaince issue and have informed me I have so much time to fix it or they will drop the insurance. Due to this problem the second floor is causing the the ceiling on the second floor to droop. If anyone knows of any help we can get it would be greatly appreciated............Thank you
Last edited by jul75741181 on Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Home repairs

Post by Admin »

What state and county? People need to be more specific. Programs vary widely across the nation.
Without knowing that almost impossible to provide info. What I can do is say use this link to find your county. Call agencies there are ask them if they provide for home or roof repairs. Some states offer very low interest rate loans that income qualified people can use for home repairs. Also, maybe try weatherization for your roof. It is a federal government funded energy conservation program for home updates.

http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/com ... #nonprofit
jul75741181

Post by jul75741181 »

Sorry we are in Cumberland County pa. We have already gone through the weatherization program. The men which did all the work, weren't very thorough. They did nothing to the roof, which leaks, the insulating was only done here and there. I have these gobs of the spray foam in all my corners of my house, all around the doors, it's very messy looking. I've tried to trim it down but it doesn't help much. What they did do I do believe helped some but of course they cannot help with my main structural repairs. As the ceiling is literally falling due to a broken main beam in my ceiling and joist's have split. I have tried for a low intrest loan for home repairs, but I am not able to qualify for one, nor a home equity loan.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Thanks. Here is a link for Cumber County PA non-profits, charities, and programs.
Call the Community Action Commission (CAC) (717) 732-1944
Even speak to an attorney for free...pro bono at MidPenn Legal Services, Inc. They can usually help with safety, housing, and issues like this. 717-541-5601
Other options and phone numbers are here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cum ... ce_p1.html
jul75741181 wrote:Sorry we are in Cumberland County pa. We have already gone through the weatherization program. The men which did all the work, weren't very thorough. They did nothing to the roof, which leaks, the insulating was only done here and there. I have these gobs of the spray foam in all my corners of my house, all around the doors, it's very messy looking. I've tried to trim it down but it doesn't help much. What they did do I do believe helped some but of course they cannot help with my main structural repairs. As the ceiling is literally falling due to a broken main beam in my ceiling and joist's have split. I have tried for a low intrest loan for home repairs, but I am not able to qualify for one, nor a home equity loan.
TopGear

Post by TopGear »

Hi, I need help paying for a 20 gallon electric short hot water heater!! Someone shot a hole in the one I have currently. I've been trying to save up for one, but it's been hard as I have several outstanding loans I already pay monthly!!! I found one thru Amazon.com for 199$+tax. Are there any programs available to help me?? It's very hard to clean and bathe without hot water, ESP in the winter. I am on permanent SSD, due to back injuries from working as a nurse for over twenty years. I just need a little help to get back on track! My mother died unexpectedly last year, my father was placed into an assisted living facility and my guy was sent to prison the month after my mother died for drinking and driving a dirt bike. I really, really need help, if anyone can help or refer me to someone that could help me as a onetime need, please email me as soon as possible or call me. Thank you.
RachLorDep

Post by RachLorDep »

My home was saturated on the ground in Jan 12. I have since been trying to get it fixed. I’m paying for it and living expenses some place else. I’m paying for a POD storage unit, that’s $200.00 a month and late fee because when the Inc was paying it was do on the 28th and I don't get money until the 1st and 3rd. My house payment is $723/month and I pay on the light bill where we are now. I just need a little help with something until the floor is fixed and then I can move the things in the POD back in the house. Thank You