Need help with rent in North Texas

Find how to get help with rent
ccw1977
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help with rent in North Texas

Post by ccw1977 »

I'm a single mom of two children. I lost my job a few months ago due to medical reasons. I now have lost my medical insurance. I have lived off of all my sick leave and vacation leave that I built at my job over the last few months. I have my bachelors degree, but am unable to work the job I was in. I have applied for disability, but it could take awhile.
I started to work at home to pay my bills. However, it's not all quite together yet. I am providing childcare to babies and have some together, but one will not start until Feb. 1st.

I will be able to get through Feb. I have an interview with another potential parent this week. I just need help with this months rent so that I do not get evicted.

Please let me know where I can go for 1 time rent assistance.

Thanks
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need help with rent in North Texas

Post by Admin »

What is the county or town in North Texas? All assistance programs are locally based. Use this link, http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/tex ... grams.html scroll down to the mid section of the page, and select your county. There are numerous places listed to turn to for help. Including a one time rent payment. You may qualify for some hardships if you did have medical issues.
ccw1977 wrote:I'm a single mom of two children. I lost my job a few months ago due to medical reasons. I now have lost my medical insurance. I have lived off of all my sick leave and vacation leave that I built at my job over the last few months. I have my bachelors degree, but am unable to work the job I was in. I have applied for disability, but it could take awhile.
I started to work at home to pay my bills. However, it's not all quite together yet. I am providing childcare to babies and have some together, but one will not start until Feb. 1st.

I will be able to get through Feb. I have an interview with another potential parent this week. I just need help with this months rent so that I do not get evicted.

Please let me know where I can go for 1 time rent assistance.

Thanks
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

My husband and I are both disabled in live in rural North Texas. He is 54 and I am 52. we only receive 1192 a month inside. Our rent has SKYROCKETED to $800 a month (do the math)  when we moved here we paid $425 then someone bought the building which we CANNOT AFFORD. We are on the waiting list for housing assistance in Northern TX but we are 85th on the whole list, 18th for the mobility list.
By the time our number comes up it will be too late.  I am hearing impaired plus wheelchair bound. we have 2 service/companion dogs due to our disabilities. We are going to end up in the street soon without rent help! We need help badly! What can be done?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sadly, rents have increased everywhere this year, including in Dallas and other parts of Northern TX. We assume ou are in the Dallas area? If so, look here for rental assistance. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... tance.html
Jim B wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:53 am My husband and I are both disabled in live in rural North Texas. He is 54 and I am 52. we only receive 1192 a month inside. Our rent has SKYROCKETED to $800 a month (do the math)  when we moved here we paid $425 then someone bought the building which we CANNOT AFFORD.
HoneyGold

Post by HoneyGold »

Hello, my name is Whit and I am 41 years old and live in northern Texas I am currently homeless and have been for about 2 years and I need rent assistance here in northern TX. I am currently living at the Best Western and I am paying $100 a day. I can no longer afford the payment and am on the verge of being homeless on the streets. I was emailing you to see what I needed to do to get a hotel voucher. I'm actually 2 days behind on my hotel payments but the manager is a very kind man and hasn't kicked me out yet but he won't be able to let me stay if I don't pay. I don't know what to do anymore and am scared. Also, I am a male to female transexual and I will be somewhat scared for my safety sleeping on the streets.