Medical bill help

Help with paying medical bills
gerry.heffer

Medical bill help

Post by gerry.heffer »

I need help paying medical bills that came up unexpectedly. It is several thousand dollars. My insurance is very limited. Do I have any choices. While I do have a job, the size of the medical bill is too much.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Medical bill help

Post by Admin »

gerry.heffer wrote:I need help paying medical bills that came up unexpectedly. It is several thousand dollars. My insurance is very limited. Do I have any choices. While I do have a job, the size of the medical bill is too much.
Without having more specifics, you can negotiate the medical bill, turn to a charity to help pay, consolidate the medical bill. It is always best to negotiate in advance though. Here are some resources.

http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... bills.html
cbs1

Post by cbs1 »

It is also possible to consolidate medical bills and debt, so if you have trouble keeping up with the medical debt you can get lower interest rates, save thousands in insurance, and more. It worked for me and helped me save. Hope this helps. Good luck, and great site.
List10

Post by List10 »

my husband has several medical bills they come every month we can't afford to pay them.
we both draw social security and make around 2000.00 per month. after paying our house, car, insurance, groceries,most of the time we go to food pantries. gas, buy prescriptions, going to the doctor we don't have money left. so if there are any assistance we could get medical,electric, car payment. just every day things we need we don't get much. i try to keep my house clean and laundry. i can't get food stamps we make 4.00 too much. please let me know of some organizations or charities that will help us. my husband has hurt his back again. more bills comming in.
thank you
new tazewell, tn
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I think first you tackle the medical bills and debts. At the same time, research agencies and non-profits in your area that may help with your other expenses, such as utilities, rent, and get free food. Have you ever heard of medical bill negotiators? http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/med ... ators.html These are professionals who will work directly with your doctor or hospital, and negotiate you medical bills down to a more reasonable amount. They can get fees waived, negotiate payment plans, and provide you with other solutions.
List10 wrote:my husband has several medical bills they come every month we can't afford to pay them.
we both draw social security and make around 2000.00 per month. after paying our house, car, insurance, groceries,most of the time we go to food pantries. gas, buy prescriptions, going to the doctor we don't have money left. so if there are any assistance we could get medical,electric, car payment. just every day things we need we don't get much. i try to keep my house clean and laundry. i can't get food stamps we make 4.00 too much. please let me know of some organizations or charities that will help us. my husband has hurt his back again. more bills comming in.
thank you
new tazewell, tn
Arel1

Post by Arel1 »

My boyfriend was in a motorcycle accident, and will be off of work for about 12 weeks...in this time he will not receive any paycheck from work, as he has not been there for 1 year yet so has no sick/personal/vacation leave...is there any kind of assistance he can receive? I am trying to find a decent place to live for my family and I. I currently live in the Sunshine Center in Montgomery, AL. The places that I have looked at seem rather high and although I am working two jobs, I dont think that I will be able to afford the cost of living in a decent and safe area. Could you please provide me with any type of assistance. Thank you in advance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I think maybe speak to a housing counselor in the Montgomery Alabama area. They may be able to direct you to come lower income housing in the region that you can afford. Even ask them about moving expense assistance, or funds to pay for things like security deposits or first months rent. Find Montgomery rent assistance from these different agencies, government programs, etc. Catholic Social Services which is in Montgomery Alabama is a good one. Call (334) 288-8890. Another is the Montgomery Community Action Committee & CDC, Inc. and phone number is (334) 263-3474.
Arel1 wrote:My boyfriend was in a motorcycle accident, and will be off of work for about 12 weeks...in this time he will not receive any paycheck from work, as he has not been there for 1 year yet so has no sick/personal/vacation leave...is there any kind of assistance he can receive? I am trying to find a decent place to live for my family and I. I currently live in the Sunshine Center in Montgomery, AL. The places that I have looked at seem rather high and although I am working two jobs, I dont think that I will be able to afford the cost of living in a decent and safe area. Could you please provide me with any type of assistance. Thank you in advance.
Sonyradas

Post by Sonyradas »

My husband was recently injured...broke his ankle/foot and had to have pins and a plate put in and our medical bills are high. He currently cannot work, and before that, he was on unemployment because he works for a school and was off for the summer. We need all the help we can get to get us through the next couple of months...and at the same time, our rent is increasing, so we may need some long term help as well. We are a family of 5...in case you need to know that too.
rjbishop

Post by rjbishop »

I am in almost the exact same situation as Sonyradas. I work for the school here in Clark County Washington. I broke my ankle over the summer and did not have insurance to cover the bills. Now I am sitting on roughly $15,000.00 worth of medical bills that I absolutely cannot afford to pay.

I have done extensive searching but come up empty regarding any types of assistance.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any and all help is so greatly appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear that. If ever need medical help in future maybe try a community clinic in Clark County. Of course that won't help you with your existing medical bills. So I think try this. We have plenty of information on our site about saving on existing medical bills, paying off debts, consolidation, etc. Try this resource for help with reducing medical bills.

Another great option is a non-profit credit counseling agency. They can sometimes work with your creditor (such as hospital or doctor) to enter into installment plans, maybe reduce interest rates, work with you on consolidation, etc. More info on the national credit counseling agencies, like GreenPath Debt Solutions, are here. They probably have offices in the state of Washington too.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cre ... ncies.html
rjbishop wrote:I am in almost the exact same situation as Sonyradas. I work for the school here in Clark County Washington. I broke my ankle over the summer and did not have insurance to cover the bills. Now I am sitting on roughly $15,000.00 worth of medical bills that I absolutely cannot afford to pay.

I have done extensive searching but come up empty regarding any types of assistance.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any and all help is so greatly appreciated.
rjbishop

Post by rjbishop »

Thank you. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to help.

admin wrote:Sorry to hear that. If ever need medical help in future maybe try a community clinic in Clark County. Of course that won't help you with your existing medical bills. So I think try this. We have plenty of information on our site about saving on existing medical bills, paying off debts, consolidation, etc. Try this resource for help with reducing medical bills.

Another great option is a non-profit credit counseling agency. They can sometimes work with your creditor (such as hospital or doctor) to enter into installment plans, maybe reduce interest rates, work with you on consolidation, etc. More info on the national credit counseling agencies, like GreenPath Debt Solutions, are here. They probably have offices in the state of Washington too.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cre ... ncies.html
Papandraeus

Post by Papandraeus »

Hi,
I live in Shelbyville Tennessee. My partner of 36 years passed away in January. I have had a very difficult time getting my life together. I need help with my utility bills. I have food stamps which helps with food but no actual cash to put toward the utility bills. Is there some kind of program in my area that could help me?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry, you looking for medical bill and debt help? Is this posting in the wrong forum. If so, then try negotiation. Patients can call their hospital or doctor and ask for discounts and other forms of aid. Most providers are willing to work with patients. Find information on medical bill negotiation. Really a hospital does not want bad publicity, so they work with patients. Also, a medical provider would rather collect some money from patients vs zero dollars.
Papandraeus wrote:Hi,
I live in Shelbyville Tennessee. My partner of 36 years passed away in January. I have had a very difficult time getting my life together. I need help with my utility bills. I have food stamps which helps with food but no actual cash to put toward the utility bills. Is there some kind of program in my area that could help me?
Future1

Post by Future1 »

I was looking through your website and I am very interested. I am 21 years old and I have some medical bills that I really need help paying. The economies not very good and it is to the point where they are suing me. I have no idea how much debt I have. I have an 18 month old son in a household of 3 and we live paycheck to paycheck. I need someone to help me review all my debt and find a way to resolve it. I am really looking forward to hearing from you.
Oxford12

Post by Oxford12 »

I reside in Virginia Beach, VA 23456 and I was on the web site looking for help for my spouse (mother of my daughters) and I. She has about $600 in medical bills during one of our daughter pregnancy which we need help with and I found it really hard to understand this web site. I was hoping to get more help to understand what are some our options in getting help around our area. Please and thank you.