Security deposit voucher

Find how to get help with rent
sam1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Security deposit voucher

Post by sam1 »

For about 5 months now I have severely felt in danger of being sexually assaulted in my own home due to events I will not speak of here. I am 28 years old and on disability for being a paranoid schizophrenic. I live with my mother and brother, it's my sibling I am afraid of. I have not made a report about anything to the police because I believe he is a good young man but due to his upbringing needs mental help and I can't force him to get any. I have told my mother of the events that happened and she says I am being afraid for no reason, over reacting, or plain flipping out for no reason. When she is here I feel some what safe. When she leaves and my brother is here, I find myself locking myself in the room, and not leaving to even use the restroom (there is no lock on the bathroom door and she refuses to get one.) Everyone in my family has mental troubles but I am the only one who seeks help for mine. I applied for the section 8 voucher in my city, I was shocked when it was approved in a few months as opposed to the usual 6+ month wait. If I do not use it by april 7th, I will lose it unless I provide a valid reason why I couldn't find a place by then. Luckily I have also found a nice place I'd like to live. However the voucher doesn't cover the deposit on the place. The total to get set up not including food but starting utilities and what not will be 736.65 the deposit alone is 625.If I can get the deposit paid for I could move out of this dangerous environment in 2 weeks. With my disabilit I get 674 a month normally. However because of a time I got 100$ without notifying the government about it they are docking my next two checks by 80 and then 20 dollars. After doing the math I figured out I will be paying 317 total for rent and utilities with the voucher every month after, which I can make work. I have no children. I have down sized my current bills as well outside of rent and utilities. I'd go to a shelter but I fear having an episode while there if only cause of my illness I don't do well around strangers, especially if there are groups of them. The hospital is scary if only because of past experience. I could get an extension on the voucher but if anything I am hoping to be out of this place ASAP I am tired of living in fear. If there is anything that you know of to help me with the deposit I will be more than happy to investigate what I can do. Please get back to me as soon as you can. I live in Fort Collins Colorado

Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Security deposit voucher

Post by Admin »

Fort Collins Colorado is in Larimer County. Here is a link for more information on assistance programs that are available there.
I think if you are looking for any type of rent help, or funds to move or for a deposits, try these organizations.
Homelessness Prevention Initiative of Larimer County. Phone number 970.407.7021
This is the county wide government supported agency that is a great resource.
Other options and places to go to for help include the Salvation Army Fort Collins. Any Salvation Army is a great resource. (970) 207-4472. Food, vouchers, and other housing aid is there.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/lar ... _prog.html
Poil

Post by Poil »

me and my wife are on social services and we are trying to move into a house that has 2 two bedroom apts we have 6 children and are planning on renting the whole house the rent is 700 a month which should get covered by our cash grant but the problem is we dont have the 700 to put towards a security deposit we have put 100 towards it so far all we need is another 600 before we can move in if you could help us in anyway that would be great thank for taking the time to read this i really appreciate it
I actually have a couple things. First is a 675$ electric/gas bill left over from winter that I have not been able to pay. The other thing is I fell down and broke my front teeth. The dentist bill will be 2690$ and I have no way to pay it as I am the single mother of two boys
Melissaat

Post by Melissaat »

I need help with my rent and deposit ASAP. I am unable to come up with the funds because I did not receive enough hours at work. I work part-time and have put in several applications for a full-time position. I have yet to hear a response back.
I'm in need of rental and security deposit help, in the form of monetary. I had problems with jobs,i have one looking optimistic now,but i need time to get the money from work and i dont have it right now.i cant borrow because credit not good enough, i really need help if someone can help me,i dont want to see my family out of a place.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Without knowing your state and county not much I can do. Try this link for general aid and resource for rent and deposits. Follow the links for information on programs in your county/area.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _rent.html
Melissaat wrote:I need help with my rent and deposit ASAP. I am unable to come up with the funds because I did not receive enough hours at work. I work part-time and have put in several applications for a full-time position. I have yet to hear a response back.
I'm in need of rental and security deposit help, in the form of monetary. I had problems with jobs,i have one looking optimistic now,but i need time to get the money from work and i dont have it right now.i cant borrow because credit not good enough, i really need help if someone can help me,i dont want to see my family out of a place.
Maldanado

Post by Maldanado »

Hello I'm facing eviction from the house I'm renting and really need help with catching up on my rent and paying a security deposit for hopefully a cheaper place. Please because I have two kids and we don't have anywhere else to live I need help to pay this rent so we want be kicked out on the streets im the only income and I caint pay all bills by myself my deadline is September the 13th 2011 so in the name of Jesus please help me please thanks and may God bless you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Look into a HUD certified housing agency in Georgia. They can provide deposits, and maybe more importantly budgeting, credit and debt reduction, and other housing support. Georgia HUD counseling agencies are always great places to call for advice and rent assistance.
Maldanado wrote:Hello I'm facing eviction from the house I'm renting and really need help with catching up on my rent and paying a security deposit for hopefully a cheaper place. Please because I have two kids and we don't have anywhere else to live I need help to pay this rent so we want be kicked out on the streets im the only income and I caint pay all bills by myself my deadline is September the 13th 2011 so in the name of Jesus please help me please thanks and may God bless you.
Spacey

Post by Spacey »

I am a single mom and a yoga teacher. I don't make a lot of money however we are need to get an apartment and need money for deposit too. I personally feel that the section 8 housing areas are unfortunately choc full of seedy and unsavory characters. I do not want to live in these area stressed out my my son's and my own well-being. My hope is to find a good apartment in a safe locale in which I have assistance in paying at least half of my rent. I really need this right now however I don't have any intentions Of being a leech. We as well as many others are just in a very "challenging" position at the moment. Any suggestions would be golden
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Section 8 programs in California will in effect limit the amount of your income that you will need to pay towards rent, so it is in effect a reduction in income. It is low income housing, and you will see people of all backgrounds and circumstances living in the housing units and apartments. But many people are hard working and just have hit difficult times. Wall St. investment bankers can be seedy and unsavory too. Anyway, find California section 8 housing units and agencies that you can apply at. You can always apply and stay in the housing until you too get a break.
Spacey wrote:I am a single mom and a yoga teacher. I don't make a lot of money however we are need to get an apartment and need money for deposit too. I personally feel that the section 8 housing areas are unfortunately choc full of seedy and unsavory characters. I do not want to live in these area stressed out my my son's and my own well-being. My hope is to find a good apartment in a safe locale in which I have assistance in paying at least half of my rent. I really need this right now however I don't have any intentions Of being a leech. We as well as many others are just in a very "challenging" position at the moment. Any suggestions would be golden
Lo Valdez

Post by Lo Valdez »

HI I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE PROGRAMS IN MY AREA THAT CAN HELP WITH DEPOSIT AND/OR FIRST MONTHS RENT. MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE BOTH JUST STARTED FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT AND WE ALSO HAVE THREE CHILDREN. OUR LANDLORD HAS INFORMED US HE WILL BE SELLING HOUSE WE CURRENTLY RENT. WE DID NOT HAVE TO PAY DEPOSIT WHICH IS PART OF STRUGGLE. PLEASE IF THERE ARE ANY RESOURCES AVAILABLE IN MY AREA PLEASE LET ME KNOW WITHOUT ASSISTANCE WE ARE FACING POSSIBLE HOMELESSNESS. THANK YOU.
Gump

Post by Gump »

Hello, I'm a victim of a crime. I'm under the victim services. I need help with my relocation. I have the paperwork for the reimbursement that the attorney general’s office is going to pay when I find a place for me and my kids. I have no upfront money for deposit. I need help with a deposit or a place where they will let me stay until they get the money from victim services. It takes a week or something like that. Me and my 3 kids have nowhere to go right now please help us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You didn't say what area that is and where exactly you need a voucher for. However there are places that may offer help for first months rent or deposits. Or they may offer loans for paying security deposits. There are community action agencies, Salvation Army centers, and more. If you reply with a location we can be more helpful as to where to go for a voucher. Otherwise, locate resources for security deposits.
Jasmine12

Post by Jasmine12 »

My children and I need to move out of the duplex I'm renting for my family us and all belongings have tone moved out no later than 3/23/14 by midnight (it's not an eviction just an agreement) that leaves us 9 days without a place to live till we can move into a new place on the first.

We are in need of some motel vouchers for the 9 day period through the first we may need a little assistance with the security deposit to move into a new place. I'm disabled on a limited income my wife and I are separated and I take care of the children with no help financially or physically. I'm looking to move into a place with cheaper rent or a low income or income based housing. Please contact me if my kids and I can receive some motel vouchers or assistance with security deposit or any other assistance you might have or can direct me to I would really appreciate the short term help thanks and have a great day.
Doler

Post by Doler »

I need help paying my security deposit and first months rent. Right now I'm homeless with my 2 year old son and was recently after 2 years approved for an apartment and a HUD voucher but can't come up with the money to pay the security deposit and first months rent. I'm currently working and will be able to pay my rent but I just need a little help getting started on the right path. Could you please help.
Whiskey

Post by Whiskey »

My question is this, are there any programs that could help our family with the deposit of the home and the first month’s rent? I can't tell you how many times a day I pray for guidance and relief for my children. We are good people, we've simply hit a rough patch and need a voucher. I can provide references from our previous landlord, the manager of the hotel, pay stubs as proof of employment, a death certificate to prove my Mom has passed, my childcare's birth certificates... We can't seem to pay this deposit this without help from a voucher. We can pay back any source that we go through in time.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for simply reading this letter.
May you have a very blessed day!