Gas cards

State and local government assistance programs.
BrianMahon
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Gas cards

Post by BrianMahon »

The reason why I am writing you is I would like to know if you could advise me in some way. Brief History: How did I get to where I am? From August 6, 2010 I have been unemployed. I was laid off my job. During that sametime, I was enbattled with my landlord, who due to busted pipes & hot water tank did not pay for lost water to the water company. I continued to pay my monthly rent ontime & any water bills I may have occurred. In May 2010 the water was disconnected because of the landlords bill. I live at that residents for over six months with no running water. After going through the proper channels, I was advised, as far up as the govenors office. To seek legal assistance with the legal aid. Lost my case due to a technicality on the part of the lawyer. Put everything I own in storage & now live with friends.
I began receiving unemployment benefits in October 2010 ( hearing was not held until Oct.), while looking for sa new job. I had no money coming in, I was directed by an elderly friend to apply for a food card at the dept. of social service. Food card discontinued because unemployment insurance began. unemployment exstended benefits were cut off on May 2011 due to a request fron congress. This month July-2011 I reapplied for a food card. The reason why I am writing you is I would like to know if you could advise me in some way. This is where I am at this point; resently, I have received alot of calls for interviews. I would like to know which companies are offering gas card (automobile) assistance. or assistance for storage facilities. I went to St. Vencent de Paul Society, which told me they would help with a month storage fee. But discontinued the assistance with gas cards. I believe it would be such a shame to fight this far, be on the blink of getting a job, or get a job and not be able to get to the
job because you have no gas in your car to get there.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Gas cards

Post by Admin »

There is one place we heard about that may be able to provide free gasoline or vouchers. While not quite sure how it works, and how much you may be able to get, it may be worth while looking into. Try this site and page for information on gasoline vouchers. The non-profit that runs it is called Free Gas USA.
BrianMahon wrote:The reason why I am writing you is I would like to know if you could advise me in some way. Brief History: How did I get to where I am? From August 6, 2010 I have been unemployed. I was laid off my job. During that sametime, I was enbattled with my landlord, who due to busted pipes & hot water tank did not pay for lost water to the water company. I continued to pay my monthly rent ontime & any water bills I may have occurred. In May 2010 the water was disconnected because of the landlords bill. I live at that residents for over six months with no running water. After going through the proper channels, I was advised, as far up as the govenors office. To seek legal assistance with the legal aid. Lost my case due to a technicality on the part of the lawyer. Put everything I own in storage & now live with friends.
I began receiving unemployment benefits in October 2010 ( hearing was not held until Oct.), while looking for sa new job. I had no money coming in, I was directed by an elderly friend to apply for a food card at the dept. of social service. Food card discontinued because unemployment insurance began. unemployment exstended benefits were cut off on May 2011 due to a request fron congress. This month July-2011 I reapplied for a food card. The reason why I am writing you is I would like to know if you could advise me in some way. This is where I am at this point; resently, I have received alot of calls for interviews. I would like to know which companies are offering gas card (automobile) assistance. or assistance for storage facilities. I went to St. Vencent de Paul Society, which told me they would help with a month storage fee. But discontinued the assistance with gas cards. I believe it would be such a shame to fight this far, be on the blink of getting a job, or get a job and not be able to get to the
job because you have no gas in your car to get there.
ShangHaigh

Post by ShangHaigh »

my husband was injured on 4-19-12 at work, we are currently waiting on workmen's comp to approve of his claim, currently we have NO money and we NEED help with groceries, rent, bills, gasoline and transportation. We have zero dollars, and very little food. Is there anyone that can help? We applied for emergency food stamps but were denied because of his income, yet now we have NO income. We need gas just to get around too. What do we do? Where do we go? We are living in Akron, Ohio
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is quite a list of needs. You may want to try the Salvation Army in Ohio. They offer a number of service (as resources allow) and they may have vouchers for gasoline, money for rent or heating bills, and more. They may also have different options for you on food if you were in fact denied for STAMP. So try them here, at Salvation Army Ohio centers.
DTigers

Post by DTigers »

I am out of work since December with multiple health issues and we are also out of gas. My husband was laid off unexpectedly last week, we are at risk of being evicted, the gas has already been cut off, and we have zero gasoline for the car. We have 2 children living with us, 4 on weekend. My husband is extremely ill, but always hard working. Neither of us have health Insurance and about 3 days of groceries left. We first need some way to buy gasoline, or maybe a voucher.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In reply to
DTigers wrote: we have zero gasoline for the car. We first need some way to buy gasoline, or maybe a voucher.
There may be some vouchers. Often the Salvation Army or Catholic Charities have them. Or try a community action agency. But the gasoline will only be for work reasons. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... chers.html