Free health care

Help with paying medical bills
Oak99
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Free health care

Post by Oak99 »

Instead of receiving a big, expensive, medical bill which I won't be able to pay, where can I turn to to get free health care for a surgery I will ned in the not so distant future. My doctor said it may cost me several thousand dollars after insruance, and I can't afford that.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Free health care options

Post by Admin »

Here are several options for free health care to help with surgeries, dentists, drugs, and more

The Access Project, American Veterans Relief Foundation, Catholic Charities , Children’s Health Fund (CHF), Free Diapers For Kids , Free Medical Camps, HealthWell Foundation, Medi-Corp Health System, Mission of Mercy, Inc., Modest Needs, Patient Advocate Foundation,
Shepherd's Hope, Inc..
Momneedshelp

Re: Free health care

Post by Momneedshelp »

My sister is in dire need of help. She became a homeless veteran when her husband threw her out. She was living out of her car. She gets help from the VA, but lives in a tiny one bedroom apartment where she shares the bedroom with her teen-aged son (inadequate housing). I work at the VA in Tuscaloosa and we at least have apartments for homeless veterans who have children. My sister has sciatica and many health problems, and has difficulty paying her rent and utilities (about $750 a month rent for her tiny apartment). My father wishes that I would send her some money, but I am losing my 3eyesight, have heart trouble, and am on a waiting list for free health care and/or Blind Rehab and the Dialysis Center, so I have nothing to send her. I do not know where to go to get her some help. Maybe you have some suggestions. My sister is in Orlando, FL. 32792

My sister also does not have a decent car. She does work, but she works on a low paying job and is going to school on the GI bill to try to better herself.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hate to hear veterans who are struggling, in particular homeless. One place to call for information on programs is the Heart of Florida United Way. They may be able to direct you and sister to housing, veteran programs, and places for utility help. (407) 835-0900. So she has medical issues? Try calling St. Thomas Aquinas Free Medical Clinic Phone 407-593-1256 as well as St. Luke’s Free Medical & Dental Clinic 352-602-4640. They are community clinics that offer health care and assistance to patients.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ora ... rogr1.html
Momneedshelp wrote:My sister is in dire need of help. She became a homeless veteran when her husband threw her out. She was living out of her car. She gets help from the VA, but lives in a tiny one bedroom apartment where she shares the bedroom with her teen-aged son (inadequate housing). I work at the VA in Tuscaloosa and we at least have apartments for homeless veterans who have children. My sister has sciatica and many health problems, and has difficulty paying her rent and utilities (about $750 a month rent for her tiny apartment). My father wishes that I would send her some money, but I am losing my 3eyesight, have heart trouble, and am on a waiting list for free health care and/or Blind Rehab and the Dialysis Center, so I have nothing to send her. I do not know where to go to get her some help. Maybe you have some suggestions. My sister is in Orlando, FL. 32792

My sister also does not have a decent car. She does work, but she works on a low paying job and is going to school on the GI bill to try to better herself.
mikej23231

Post by mikej23231 »

Help my family please. My husband was injured off the job in April and has been off work while we are waiting for a decision on his temporary disability and trying to get him needed care. In the meantime I am the only one working and paying all of our bills out of my two checks per month. Due to unforseen car repairs at the end of May I am unable to cover our rent for June. I am seeking a one time assistance to cover our $500 monthly rent for this month. Thank you and God Bless
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you look into the various programs and methods to reduce or help deal with those medical debts and bills, like settlement and consolidation? I think if you deal with them will help with longer term rent issues. But I agree, first you need to deal with the rent for June. How long for disability to kick in? Here are the medical debt consolidation programs and solutions that you may be able to explore further.
mikej23231 wrote:Help my family please. My husband was injured off the job in April and has been off work while we are waiting for a decision on his temporary disability and trying to get him needed care. In the meantime I am the only one working and paying all of our bills out of my two checks per month. Due to unforseen car repairs at the end of May I am unable to cover our rent for June. I am seeking a one time assistance to cover our $500 monthly rent for this month. Thank you and God Bless
Nealhannon

Post by Nealhannon »

I read about this organization. I am trying to recover from cancer. I have fell behind on all bills, was getting short term disability then ran out. Now my company switched me to government disability. Then there is waiting period for the free service to start up. In meantime I fell two months behind just on this car loan which I think the company or bank is scamming me. The name of company is santander bank out of new york. If u are late they tac on late charges I think everyday u are late. Balance never goes down. They did remodify loan,but the car is a 2003 maxima and at 300.00 a month I can't get anywhere. I don't want repo on it, but have so many bills, like medical ins, rent, electric, car ins, student loan, etc. I don't know where to turn for help and trying to recover from second bout of cancer. The car is really killing me and I don't need all this stress when trying to recover. Please answer back any help or leads can lift some of this burden.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Many non-profits provide support for cancer patients, both current and people recovering. While not sure if they can assist you with the issues at your bank, or car loan, they can often help with rent, utilities, and more "basic: living expenses. The list of non-profits is here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hel ... bills.html
Call organizations like Patient Advocate Foundation Co-Pay Relief Program as well as CancerCareCoPay.org for tons of information and details.
Nealhannon wrote:I read about this organization. I am trying to recover from cancer. I have fell behind on all bills, was getting short term disability then ran out. Now my company switched me to government disability. Then there is waiting period for the free service to start up. In meantime I fell two months behind just on this car loan which I think the company or bank is scamming me. The name of company is santander bank out of new york. If u are late they tac on late charges I think everyday u are late. Balance never goes down. They did remodify loan,but the car is a 2003 maxima and at 300.00 a month I can't get anywhere. I don't want repo on it, but have so many bills, like medical ins, rent, electric, car ins, student loan, etc. I don't know where to turn for help and trying to recover from second bout of cancer. The car is really killing me and I don't need all this stress when trying to recover. Please answer back any help or leads can lift some of this burden.
GSCI2

Post by GSCI2 »

I am a full time college student, living with my parents and my parents do not make alot of money my mom works allo the time, she is a caregiver and she just had surgery and can't pay for it. They had already cut hours at her job and when she goes back they have already cut more hours. and my father is not rally working as well because of the economy, there's not alot out there right now for electricians. i wish i could help them but they wont let me because they want me to focus on school, and well my mom has to recover from her surgery still so we do need help. What about these free clinics mentioned on the site?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, we have extensive information on free clinics, including in your state of Georgia. It will rely depend on what your moms income is. But if as you say she does not work a lot and her income is low enough, then she may qualify for free medical care from a community clinic. They often provide basic care, but if your parents need more specialized services that may not be offered. The details are here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... clini.html