Government financial assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
Loriarg
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Government financial assistance

Post by Loriarg »

What financial assistance does the goverment provide, whether federal, local, state, or county government. I need low income, food assistance, housing, or any thing that they can provide
GeorgeD

Re: Government financial assistance

Post by GeorgeD »

I found this list on the main site government assistance programs that shows all aid, help, and assistance programs from the federal, state, and local governments. there is even a list of local charities.
Janice

State and federal government assistance

Post by Janice »

Yes, turn to the government aid plans now, when need help. Your tax dollars pay for them, so use them.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Government assistance programs

Post by Admin »

Here is a great place to find all government assistance programs, at the state level, federal government, county, town, and more. List of many local and national charities, and more. You will find all the aid you need here. If it exists, it is listed.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
CarDon13

Post by CarDon13 »

January 17th,2012 Me and my husband (disabled still awaiting social security determination) have been through alot of hardship hurdles,since 2009. I got a permanent layoff in the yr.2009 My husband re injured himself at work and this time it did him in. He worked till he just could not physically do it. Used my 401k to stay afloat with cobra, bills mortgage which eventually we had to stop. put our home for sale in hopes we could sell it. This did not happen. got foreclosed we decided to move back to our home town. I had a hard time finding work. I found a part-time job but the hours fluctuate so much i cant count on it for paying my bills. I would like to go to school but first i must find an additional job because i just can not make it. we really need some government or charity assistance with paying our bills. Please email me back at
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, the job market is getting better so that is good news. We do not have jobs to offer, but we have information on finding part time work from home income, and also how to access free job training programs. A work from home job can bring in a few extra bucks, and great if your hours fluctuate too, as when home can make a few dollars. Here is info on work from home jobs. Be careful when signing up for one and do not pay fees up front without reading the fine print.
CarDon13 wrote:January 17th,2012 Me and my husband (disabled still awaiting social security determination) have been through alot of hardship hurdles,since 2009. I got a permanent layoff in the yr.2009 My husband re injured himself at work and this time it did him in. He worked till he just could not physically do it. Used my 401k to stay afloat with cobra, bills mortgage which eventually we had to stop. put our home for sale in hopes we could sell it. This did not happen. got foreclosed we decided to move back to our home town. I had a hard time finding work. I found a part-time job but the hours fluctuate so much i cant count on it for paying my bills. I would like to go to school but first i must find an additional job because i just can not make it. we really need some government or charity assistance with paying our bills. Please email me back at
jrm57

Post by jrm57 »

Hate to say it but good luck trying to get any help from the government. I tried calling the Intergovernmental Grants dept(St Clai County Community Agency for assistance within my state and the phone is disconnected since there have been cut backs.
Duane_Ford

Post by Duane_Ford »

I'm a 70% Disabled American Veteran (USMC).. I have been on liheap / lipurp ,not sure if I still am or not. I have been trying to get caught up since my wife left in 2006, I find it difficult to manage all the other bills with what little is left over after my mortgage..In turn this is why I have been searching for assistance from the government. If you are aware of any organizations I could contact to get help with my matters I would be appreciate it ? THANK YOU thank you
Freese

Post by Freese »

WE have been having difficulty living on just my SSI since my wife lost her job. It led to our PGE being turned off. We paid PGE with out rent money and now face loosing our rental. Our record paying monthly is very good however we currently face hardship until employment is active again after 2 in a half yrs. I am being evicted due 2 the changes n my income. I am currently 2mons behind on my $650 a month payments plus I owe $200 for my electric bill. I didn't receive a month n 2wks of my cash aid so that set me back. I have 5 kids & ive tried finding programs that could help but no luck yet. Please if you can help or know where I could get help with rent assistance, please contact me asap. Thank you 4 your time.
Stewwe

Post by Stewwe »

I’m in need in moving out of my mother's home. It’s not ideal for my son and me. No washer or dryer and no working air conditioner. I’m working as a babysitter but it’s not enough to pay the bills. I’m on government assistance with insurance and food. I make roughly $500 a month and I cannot settle for a bad neighborhood for my son and for myself. If there's a program that could cover half of my rent and utilities that'll be great. I do not receive child support. I do everything on my own.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many government and public assistance programs, both local (such as at county), state, and federal level. We have information on most of them on the site. They include things like utility bill programs, housing and rent help, and even child care if you need it for your son. Now each public assistance program will have its own application process, so you need to take those steps and apply for aid. But there are many to choose from. Find out listing of state and other programs. Continue reading.
JJJudy

Post by JJJudy »

I'm a single mother with three boys that I have joint custody with their father. I work in home health care and recently I haven't gotten any hours at one of my jobs. I'm behind on money due to having to pay utilities and provide food for my family.
My rent is $350.00 each month and is actually do on the first but can be paid on the 5th. There isn't any way possible for me to make that payment for the month and I'm in need of a little assistance. I have $50 to my name and no one around that can afford to help. I only make $180 a week and I have other bills as well. Is there any way that I can get any government assistance? It would be greatly appreciated. If I can't pay rent then I'm not going to be able to have a place for myself or my boys to live. Please and thank you. Again I would greatly appreciate it!
You can contact me through this email if you will please.
Thedoctor

Post by Thedoctor »

I’m in dire need of financial help. I live in Sherman Texas and every time I call a Red Cross or Salvation army and Resale barn usually they tell me that they are either out of money or they are only helping people if its a dying emergency. Vie lost my job a couple months ago and I broke my hand and being indigent I didn’t get the surgery I needed to get it fixed.
Living in this establishment is very hard as am taking care of my son and trying to support my fiancé with the bills only ends up with tears and frustration. We need help. We are about to lose our apartment very soon and we owe everyone in the book. Everyday is a struggle and everyday that’s struggle makes me want to fight even more to get out of our situation. I want to give up but seeing my son and my fiancé keeps me pushing to strive for something better. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sherman is a small town, but there are many public assistance programs that cover all of Texas. But you will need to continue to fight, as that is the only solution to poverty. Also, many places (such as the Salvation Army) do have limited resources like you said. But look into government aid, as that was created to help the indigent. Find more details on public benefits in Texas as well as the specifics of each service.
Pantene

Post by Pantene »

I have been on the phone and internet for days trying to find someone who might be able to help my family or point me in the right direction to get government aid, not a single person has emailed me back, nor called me. I am pregnant and have been unable to work due to ongoing sickness....my husband has a job but with my loss of income we have been struggling to keep up at all. Paying bills and rent late, not being able to afford gas money for our truck, and now the fact that school is starting September 3rd I am unable to get my kids school supplies and clothing. My electric is going to be shut off and I feel like a failure as a mother. I hate that I need help from government assistance, but I am also not too proud to admit it. I don't live a fabulous life and have all the extras not necessary then expect a handout at all. I am doing the best I can living check to check, trying to raise my kids with the best means I have, but I can't send them to school with no supplies and I cannot have them living without Power. If someone could call me or email me with some kind of response to how to get government financial assistance I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you so much!!