I need help with rent in Florida

Find how to get help with rent
Jimmysmith19a

I need help with rent in Florida

Post by Jimmysmith19a »

My Rent Is Due In a couple Weeks and I need help with paying my rent. I live in the Miami Florida area. What can I do? I will not be able to find a new apartment. Can you please help.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: I need help with rent in Florida

Post by Admin »

Jimmysmith19a wrote:My Rent Is Due In a couple Weeks and I need help with paying my rent. I live in the Miami Florida area. What can I do? I will not be able to find a new apartment. Can you please help.
For rent assistance in Florida, Miami, and the area, use the Emergency Financial Assistance for Housing Program (EFAHP). It is a mortgage and rent assistance program in Florida

http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/flo ... grams.html
weinbergm95

I need a roommate to help with rent

Post by weinbergm95 »

I live in Florida and need a roommate to help me pay my rent. Please contact me. A fe hundred per month for one room. It is a good deal
tombelirady

Need assistance help with paying rent in Florida

Post by tombelirady »

i need help payng rent every where i have called in my state FL. does not help or just doesn't answer...any info would be helpful, don't want to lose our place
fujicat2

Miami Florida rent assistance

Post by fujicat2 »

My brother is a 52 year old man currently unemployed but attempting to start his disability claim. He is the father of three young children under the age of 16, one grand child age 2 and one step son age 17. The mother of his children abandon them 2 months ago even though she was the sole source of income in there household. My brother has currently applied for assistance with food and has gotten that. However he is currently facing a final evection notice. What I am seeking to assist him with is finding some means in Miami Florida to pay his rent which is severely behind. If him and the five kids are evected they have nowhere to go and the kids mother has not been cooperative or reachable to help with assistance. My name is Catherine any feedback will be greatly appreciated.
fujicat2

Miami Florida rent help

Post by fujicat2 »

Hi my brother and his five kids were evicted today in Miami Florida. He has been in and out of the hospital due to cardiac problems and has not been employed for two years. The mother of the children abandon them three months ago she was the sole source of income in the household. My brother middle son is diabetic and at this moment they are living on the street as of 11:00 am 6/9/09. Tried to get emergency shelter but my brother must produce proof that he has sole custody of the kids in order to even get help. This requires him to go to court which clearly will not happen today and because we are scrambling trying to get them off the street do not know when he will get the court. I have attempted to contact the mother and the department of children and family services. The mother has refused to speak to me and i am awaiting a return call from DCF. Someone sent me a link Florida Emergency Financial Assistance for Housing Program however even this program requires the receptant to be employed. My biggest concern now is trying to find a way to get my diabetic nephew off the street.
t_dull

Need help paying rent in Port Richey, FL

Post by t_dull »

To whom it may concern,

I live in New Port Richey, FL in the Cypress Trail Apartments. I am currently unemployed and two months behind in my rent. I have contacted all local agencies looking for rental assistance to no aval. I am a teacher by trade and have filed for unemployment and food stamps. I am currently recieiving food stamps, but no unemployment checks have been issued. I have been actively seeking employment, but have not been offered any position or any interviews. I need any help or suggestions for help you can give,

Thank-you,
shantel.sirmans

Post by shantel.sirmans »

:?:
Last edited by shantel.sirmans on Fri May 21, 2010 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
tblockboi529

Need some money for rent in Florida

Post by tblockboi529 »

hello my name is jared right now me and my mother are having a hard time paying the bills especially this month. my mom got layed of a year ago from united health care. luckily i was good enough a neighbor helped provida school clothes and suplies for my younger borther but, it is very hard. i work my self but, with my mother losing her unemploymrnt this month were are in risk of losing everything all i ask for is help paying the rent this month the remaining balance is 400 dollars. much help is appreciated thanks much!
Harrods

Post by Harrods »

Good afternoon,
I have been trying to locate the information needed to get help with rent. My husband was diagnosed one year ago yesterday with Type 1 diabetes and was in the Critical care unit at a Florida Hospital for three days. He was lucky to make it to age 39 without the disease ever being caught. With that being said we have been through a lot over this past year, lucky to have my husband still we are having some financial difficulties at this time. I thought I had taken enough money for flex spending to a lot for his medications and what not but we ran out at the end of October. His medications are very expensive and due to the holiday season we are having trouble making ends meet and being able to afford a Christmas for our children. I have researched this site for help but it seems every time I click on a link it takes me to the same place. If you all have any resources for helping pay rent during difficult times please let me know. I have already gone to DHS to see if we could get help with food and/or prescriptions but we do not qualify. We have been using local food pantries to help with some food and how appreciative we are to have them we still have to come out of pocket for perishables. We are just having a difficult time and last year were evicted due to the new expenses, loss of wages due to husband being sick and still having to get a few items for our children for last year's Christmas. Our rent was higher then and we did find another place that was cheaper to rent but now that we have had to purchase the medication as well as pay off the rest of my medical flex spending that comes directly out of my check it has been tough. We just do not want to have to uproot our children again. We are not behind at all in rent just late for December as last week we had two tires blow out as well as the spare tire so another set back. I am sure you read through a lot of these on a daily basis but if you would help us find someone to help with our rent this month it would be greatly appreciated. We do not receive any other assistance, we do not qualify for Florida insurance, so we have copays and prescription costs, we do not qualify for food stamps and with four and a husband on a strict diet it is so expensive and we do not have a section 8. We do have reduced breakfast and lunch through the school and that does help tremendously especially if you are struggling to purchase food. Anyway thank you for your time to read this email and God Bless you if you are able to help our situation. Have a wonderful day and a safe and happy holiday season!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is this a repeat post. It seems familiar to some other postings that we have seen. Anyway, if this is not, then explore here for Florida rent help. Look midway down the page for local resources by cities and states in Florida, so whether you live in Miami or some other city, we have listing of charities and programs that can help pay housing and rent. Call around. Also ask about the Emergency Financial Assistance for Housing Program (EFAHP) and phone number (850) 922-4691.

[quote="Harrods"]Good afternoon,
I have been trying to locate the information needed to get help with rent. My husband was diagnosed one year ago yesterday with Type 1 diabetes and was in the Critical care unit at a Florida Hospital
19Butterly

Post by 19Butterly »

OUR RENT IS DUE TOMORROW ON THE 1ST OF MAY. WE WOULD NEED $550. I AM CURRENTLY A STUDENT AT UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA IN TALLAHASSEE. I AM 1 WEEK AND 4 DAYS AWAY FROM ENDING THIS SEMESTER OF SCHOOL. I NEED TO STUDY SO THAT I CAN SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE MY FINALS THE WEEK AFTER NEXT. I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO SUCCESSFULLY SEARCH FOR EMPLOYMENT, ACQUIRE IT, AND PREPARE FOR MY FINALS. I AM ASKING FOR ASSISTANCE TO PAY FOR THIS UP COMING MONTH OF MAY'S RENT AND WILL EVEN PAY IT BACK AND EVEN EXTRA TO HELP SOMEONE ELSE IN NEED. WE JUST NEED HELP RIGHT NOW. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME AND CONSIDERATION.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, if you can pay it back then maybe look into borrowing money from friends or relatives vs. soliciting on the internet. Can't you work while you study? Many people do it. Or use some of your student loans or grants to pay your rent. Or find a listing of Tallahassee and Leon County Florida assistance programs. Continue.
Colonel Bradoff

Post by Colonel Bradoff »

How do I go about getting help with rent? I live in Orlando, FL, but the churches, and other charity organizations are out of funds. I am out from my job on medical leave, so I am not able to save money for rent. I had knee surgery on April 26. I have made many calls, but seem like no one has money. Or if they do it is for the very low income, and I make and have a few bucks so I never qualify. Something is wrong with that.
RJDicr

Post by RJDicr »

Hi, My landlord runs a ministry called New Catholic ministries. I have been renting from him for the last nine months. This month I had only $350.00 to give him for the rent, and I owe him $200.00 for half of the utilities. He threw a fit and told me yesterday if I didn't have the rent money he would "throw all my stuff out in the streets and kick my girlfriend and I out of the house" I am trying to find someone to help me with the $200.00 for half of the utilities. Then we plan on moving to Seminole county when we get our checks next month (we are both receiving benefits from SSI and SSDI for our disabilities. WE are also scared and don't know where to go for help. We currently live in Orlando Florida. Do you know anyone who could give us assistance? I wrote this email on Microsoft outlook and don't know how it works.