Emergency rental assistance

Find how to get help with rent
meredith.raven
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Emergency rental assistance

Post by meredith.raven »

Hi my name is Raven Meredith. I have 3 kids and I am a single mother. I just recently lost my job and rent is due. I owe 2 months worth of rent. I dont have no one to turn to. I need help or im getting evicted. I live in Texas. If anyone knows where I can go for assistance please let me know. My email is meredith.raven@yahoo.com I have one week to get money together. This is an honest emergency. PLEASE HELP
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Emergency rental assistance

Post by Admin »

Here are our Texas assistance programs, and if you select your town, city, or county from halfway down. Are you collecting unemployment, and if it takes time, hopefully your landlord will provide you some time to collect your first check and paperwork to go through. Also, in Texas try calling the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA) at 1-800-525-0657 as they run some various mortgage, rent, and housing assistance programs for income qualified state residents.
Find our Texas assistance programs here.
meredith.raven wrote:Hi my name is Raven Meredith. I have 3 kids and I am a single mother. I just recently lost my job and rent is due. I owe 2 months worth of rent. I dont have no one to turn to. I need help or im getting evicted. I live in Texas. If anyone knows where I can go for assistance please let me know. My email is meredith.raven@yahoo.com I have one week to get money together. This is an honest emergency. PLEASE HELP
Nicks19

Post by Nicks19 »

Hi I have four kids I lost my job and am getting ready to start another job but I am also going to be thrown out of my house have nowhere to go with my kids don't even know how I'm going to get back and fourth to work but I can figure that out I have gotten behind on my bills and really need help I am willing to pay all of it back when I start getting paid the job I just got is a pretty good job if you could help in any way
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Use this to find emergency rent help by city and county. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/eme ... tance.html Did you apply for unemployment between jobs, as it is meant to be a safety net for people in your situation who have lost their jobs and need some short term help. Good news on getting a pretty good job.
Nicks19 wrote:Hi I have four kids I lost my job and am getting ready to start another job but I am also going to be thrown out of my house have nowhere to go with my kids don't even know how I'm going to get back and fourth to work but I can figure that out I have gotten behind on my bills and really need help I am willing to pay all of it back when I start getting paid the job I just got is a pretty good job if you could help in any way
Cabrerra

Post by Cabrerra »

I'm unemployed and in bad health, I've fallen on hard times and need help to catch my rent up, I'm 4 months behind and my brother has moved in to help me but he can't afford to pay it all for me, any amount would be appreciated. I live in Pattville , AL, you can call to verify that I'm behind and they keep adding on late charges and I have so many high bills in this old house that I just can't get caught up. People keep moving in and out and leave me with all the bills, I have been praying for a miracle but times are so hard and a job is so hard to find when you have breathing and back problems and sleep apnea, I stay so depressed and feel like nobody cares about me anymore. I know that God has his Angels watching over me and will take care of me so that I can keep my home even though it is falling apart.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Don't let people move in and out. Find a roommate, and have them sign a lease to help offset your expenses. Have them contribute towards your rent. That will be a big help. Also look into assistance programs for your county here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/aut ... _prog.html A number of options and services may exist for you. Praying for miracles will not do much good for you. You need to take some type of serious action in order to get help. Look into energy assistance programs for bills like LIHEAP, and explore all of your options.

Cabrerra wrote:I'm unemployed and in bad health, I've fallen on hard times and need help to catch my rent up, I'm 4 months behind and my brother has moved in to help me but he can't afford to pay it all for me, any amount would be appreciated. I live in Pattville , AL, you can call to verify that I'm behind and they keep adding on late charges and I have so many high bills in this old house that I just can't get caught up. People keep moving in and out and leave me with all the bills, I have been praying for a miracle but times are so hard and a job is so hard to find when you have breathing and back problems and sleep apnea, I stay so depressed and feel like nobody cares about me anymore. I know that God has his Angels watching over me and will take care of me so that I can keep my home even though it is falling apart.
chuckMac99

Post by chuckMac99 »

I was wondering about housing assistance in Sioux City, Iowa. My son and I are planning on moving there this next weekend and will be staying with my son’s grandmother until we are able to find a place of our own. Please e-mail me back as soon as possible. Thank you.
Longone

Post by Longone »

Hello,
I hope I find the right source of place to get help. Currently, we are in being evicted by landlord due to non-payment. My husband needs mental help which I am trying to get for him in our state of Kansas and as a result we are closed to separation and eventually a divorce will be imminent. The whole family is counting on my as I am left to find help alone. My kids are 13 and 16 years old and school is starting in less than a week. The court hearing for eviction is due tomorrow and will see if they can postpone the hearing to a later date. Would appreciate if someone can get back to me on how to get housing as I have kids who are counting on me tremendously. Thank you for your time and looking forward to hear from you soon.
Sincerely,
BobbyJones

Post by BobbyJones »

My rent for March is late this month due to me being unemployed. I've been waiting on my unemployment to come through for a month and a half now, and they still have yet to make a decision on my claim. My rent is $500/month, and this month, I am short $400. All I have left to my name is $100. I just got a new job, but it does not begin until April. Do you know of any organizations that can help me until then? If I'm evicted, I will be homeless. I have nowhere else to go. Please help.
Gagne

Post by Gagne »

I am 2-1/2 months behind in my rent. My monthly income has dropped dangerously low to about $900. My expenses are about $1200. My utilities are always receiving shutoff notices and I pay them just in time. I have the lowest standard of living possible . I do not own a car, TV or computer. I am contacting you on an IPad that was given to me using free wi-fi at the library. I have a $10 pay as you go cell phone. I am just not making ends meet anymore. I need help, mostly with rent. Thank you.
Magic

Post by Magic »

Got evicted from apartment, found another one but having trouble paying all of the deposits and transfer fees for light and water. We are a one income family as my husband is still trying to find a job. With Christmas approaching fast it is extremely hard to budget bills and family necessities with a minimum wage single income. Any advice/help would be extremely appreciated!!
Jobless

Post by Jobless »

How do I apply for rental assistance? I recently suffered from an ankle injury and was off work for 8 weeks with minimal pay. Having a very hard time catching up. If I don't get my rent caught up, I will be evicted. Rent is $675/month but I owe them $1100.00 for May and now June. I gave them all I had which was $275. I have 3 kids and currently no job due to the fact I was in school for EMT in which I did recently graduate from. Unemployment benefits just ended too! Been looking for a job and I actually landed one at a local Fire Department but I do not start for another 3 weeks. I need the help as my kids need a home.
Beningfield

Post by Beningfield »

I need help with rent and job search. I lost job in May and I have very hard time to find one. I was not able pay rent for one and half month and I would not able to pay for October. My landlord told me if I don't give him $500 by tomorrow I need to move out on Thursday. I have no place to go. I'm a single mom with daughter. I'm not getting any child support because I'm survivor of domestic violence and my ex was deported so he doesn't pay child support. I'm hopeless and I need help, please. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Did you landlord give you notice on time? As they can't just request $500 for rent without formal level notice of the eviction, and this is per Riverside County regulations. Also, some charities do run transitional housing for victims of domestic violence, so look into those programs too. Also, find a listing of rental assistance in Riverside County.
Beningfield wrote:I need help with rent and job search. I lost job in May and I have very hard time to find one. I was not able pay rent for one and half month and I would not able to pay for October. My landlord told me if I don't give him $500 by tomorrow I need to move out on Thursday. I have no place to go. I'm a single mom with daughter. I'm not getting any child support because I'm survivor of domestic violence and my ex was deported so he doesn't pay child support. I'm hopeless and I need help, please. Thank you.
GooseC

Post by GooseC »

I need emergency help to pay $600 for my rent. I am married and my husband lost his job and we have two kids and I am currently working 3 jobs but it doesn't seem to be enough. I’m short on my rent for November and December is about to be due. My landlord is threatening to put us out if I can't come up with the money by November 25th. I really need help or a donation. I have tried everything and asked family members I can't seem to find the emergency help. I don't want to be thrown out of my home with my kids, especially with school about to start with them.