Veteran financial assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
Marybutterfly
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Veteran financial assistance

Post by Marybutterfly »

Hello
I'm a veteran who is disabled and on SSI. The 674 dollars a month I receive will not allow me to cover the cost of repairing my furnace. I contacted DHS in Benzie Country Michigan. I was told that the SER / Home repairs for unsafe or non-working furnaces was only for those who own their own homes and not for those who are renting. Is there anywhere I can get any help to repair the furnace (outside of the landlord). Thank you for any help you can provide.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Veteran financial assistance

Post by Admin »

While we don't specifically have that county listed, we do have information on a wide range of other Michigan financial and emergency assistance programs. Many can help veterans too, and are run at both the state and local counties. Ask about weatherization. And if you do not own your own home, then talk directly with your landlord. Maybe they can sign up on your behalf too.
Marybutterfly wrote:Hello
I'm a veteran who is disabled and on SSI. The 674 dollars a month I receive will not allow me to cover the cost of repairing my furnace. I contacted DHS in Benzie Country Michigan. I was told that the SER / Home repairs for unsafe or non-working furnaces was only for those who own their own homes and not for those who are renting. Is there anywhere I can get any help to repair the furnace (outside of the landlord). Thank you for any help you can provide.
Chevy

Post by Chevy »

I am a Veteran in desperate need of financial assistance. I am medically retired with a % 50 rating. I am a full time student receiving the BAH stipend that ended this month until school starts back in Fall 2012, but until then I need help with rent and other bills. I receive $797 from the VA, $178 from DOD , and $584 from unemployment. But its not enough to cover all my bills for 5 months! Thanks in advance for anything you can do.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is a national non-profit that focuses on both active military members and veterans. It is known as Operation Homefront. Funds and grants can be paid for rent, mortgages, and utility bills. Most of the assistance is paid out in an emergency, but it is one of the leading non-profits to call for advice, referrals, and financial help for paying bills. Full details can be found here http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ope ... _mili.html at the Operation Homefront site.
Chevy wrote:I am a Veteran in desperate need of financial assistance. I am medically retired with a % 50 rating. I am a full time student receiving the BAH stipend that ended this month until school starts back in Fall 2012, but until then I need help with rent and other bills. I receive $797 from the VA, $178 from DOD , and $584 from unemployment. But its not enough to cover all my bills for 5 months! Thanks in advance for anything you can do.
C Jones

Post by C Jones »

To whom it may concern: I am having severe issues with renting and paying my utilities. My situation is that my monthly bills exceeds what I take take home to live on. Last year I made under 24000.00 working full time. This year is not looking any better and I need a place to rent. I take home just under $300. a week because I pay $65. a week in child support. Out of that $300. I pay my truck payment which is $342.17 a month along with insurance which is an additional $54. a month. Gas for one week for just back and forth to work is close to $60. Food and misc. items I made need to buy exceeds at least $120. a week. I'm a 60 years old veteran and regardless of what bills I have to pay, the bottom line is that with rent added on to this( not exceeding anything over $450. a month) I'm in the hole, and I need help. Please if you can help me I would appreciate it very much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

One of the organizations that addresses a number of issues is the Urban League. It sounds like you need help with bills, food, child care, and much more, so the non-profit Urban League may be a good option for you. Sounds like you need some budgeting advice, and probably credit counseling too. Anyway, read more here at Urban League for more details.
C Jones wrote:To whom it may concern: I am having severe issues with renting and paying my utilities. My situation is that my monthly bills exceeds what I take take home to live on. Last year I made under 24000.00 working full time. This year is not looking any better and I need a place to rent. I take home just under $300. a week because I pay $65. a week in child support. Out of that $300. I pay my truck payment which is $342.17 a month along with insurance which is an additional $54. a month. Gas for one week for just back and forth to work is close to $60. Food and misc. items I made need to buy exceeds at least $120. a week. I'm a 60 years old veteran and regardless of what bills I have to pay, the bottom line is that with rent added on to this( not exceeding anything over $450. a month) I'm in the hole, and I need help. Please if you can help me I would appreciate it very much.
merk1

Post by merk1 »

Hello, I am a former Vietnam Combat Veteran! I recently filed for 100% disability and should have the results any day. I have fallen behind on my bills and need help. I will pay it back. Just looking for a little loan to help me back back on my feet while I wait for the government checks to start. Call me or email me back, thank you! Respectfully, Mike Archer I am 100% drug and alcohol free
Wader

Post by Wader »

MY FAMILY AND I ARE IN NEED OF RENT AND POSSIBLY SOME BILL ASSISTANCE DUE TO THE FACT I AM THE ONLY INCOME IN THE HOUSE AND I JUST GOT OFF ORDERS FROM THE ARMY FROM DEPLOYMENT TO AFGHANISTAN. I AM AS OF DECEMBER 1, 2012 and am 2 MONTHS BEHIND IN RENT. THE RENT IS 600.00 DOLLARS A MONTH. THE ONLY OTHER BILLS I AM BEHIND IN IS THE ELECTRIC, WATER, HOUSE PHONE AND WASTE BILL. I AN IN PROCESS OF GETTING MY INJURIES FIXED BUY THE VA AND CANT FIND A JOB THAT WILL WORK WITH ALL THE VA APPOINTMENTS I HAVE . MY MOTHER IS LETTING ME HAVE USE OF HER CELL PHONE FOR TEMPORARY TIME. MY FAMILY AND ME THANK YOU FOR YOU TIME AND GOD BLESS.
Labble

Post by Labble »

Hi
I have a friend who served in the US Army for almost 15 years. He was honorable discharged on August 18, 2011 and now lives in New Jersey. He has not been able to gain employment. He was working independent contractor but as of last week his truck broke down and he is unable to get it repaired. It is at shop with diagnosis of needs transmission. This veteran is also homeless now that he is without his truck. I have opened my home to him until he gets his truck fixed. I am unable to help him financially. He borrow money for truck in December 2012 when he purchased the truck in which he needs help paying due to no employment. He child is going without because he is unable to pay child support. If you can help or know someone who please forward that information to me. He has hit rock bottom and I am scared he will start with the suicidal attempts as he feels he has no one who cares.
Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter. Please contact me or my friend directly.Any assistance you could give in getting her power restored would be appreciated.
hernandez

Post by hernandez »

My husband, a veteran, took ill last year and I have been trying to get help either utilities from places around my home town. They have all been able to help at some point but my resources are out until next year. We are waiting a decision from the Social Security for his disability. I am on SS and can barely cover our rent. I am so far behind on a couple bills and they can't help me any further.
I have been to churches, adult services, Catholic services, and many more. We have no vehicle so therefore are limited to getting around much. I can't walk to far, and my husband passes out occasionally from his Illness. I have ask for extensions on the utilities but they can only delay the bill for a few weeks and I’m not able to pay them all. Please I need help and would be deeply grateful for any help. Thank you & God bless all of you that help people like us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

With Florida having such a high number of veterans living there, there are resources focused just on them. Especially if your husband is ill, he may be able to get some help. Did you also try VA benefits, or even stopping by an American Legion? they may have suggestions for your husband. Disability, even for a veteran, can take a long time to get approved. But find the resources for veterans in Florida.
Sanchez

Post by Sanchez »

Hello,
We are in need of some one time assistance getting caught up on our rent and water bill. Between the 2 we need about $1600 or they shut off our water & we will be evicted. We got behind due to some unforeseen expenses and have not been able to pay rent for August & am over $800 in arrears for the water bill. I’m not sure what info you need as I am a veteran so I will waiting for a reply before saying more.
Thanks,
Paula Johnston

Post by Paula Johnston »

I am writing to inquire about emergency assistance funds for my family and me. I am an OEF Veteran who is currently out of work as I had to be placed on short term disability due to injuries associated with my service, my short term disability expired on 7/1/16. My long term disability is being processed but will be at least another 2 weeks and I have used all of my vacation/sick time already so I have no income coming in.
I am seeking assistance for this period until my long term disability can be processed. I was able to pay for my mortgage bill in March but will not be able to cover next month, nor do I have any income to support my family (wife and three children), or cover utilities or vehicle expenses. I have had to use all of my savings as well, Including taking a loan on my 401K from work. I am out of options and the processing of my long term disability is taking too long to sustain the well-being of my family. Please have a representative contact me for specific information on my disabilities and situation.
Chanelle

Post by Chanelle »

I am an USAF disabled veteran looking for financial assistance for mortgage help. We are not currently behind at all just are extremely strapped each pay check; or help fixing up our home backyard, and needing furniture, and painting done in our home. I work for a church and my wife does not work, and we have three kids, two teens’ girls and our son who need furniture and beds currently. We are in need of bedroom furniture too, and did not know if you know of anywhere I can apply for financial assistance in anyway. Thank you for your time in advance. God Bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here are the programs for Camden County MS, which is where you are.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... istan.html
Veterans often get priority for financial aid. Then come others from the region. So bring this fact out when applying.