I am running into brick walls about getting help

Find how to get help with rent
tboo316
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

I am running into brick walls about getting help

Post by tboo316 »

I live in polk county, florida. I moved into my own place after I got promoted at work to a shift manager. I was able to afford all my bills working at that position with the hours I was reciving. With money left over for extra things. But at the beginning of March, I was demoted from shift manager, and now back as a regular crew member and hardly able to scrape enough hours up over a two weelk period to pay the car insurance and eletric bill. I am really stressing my rent which is due in 2 payments, one on the 1st, and the15th. I have called the only places I know of here, and either they tell me they do not have funds, or they will not help me because I do not have a young childunder my custody. So I am now facing loosing the one thing I have worked the hardest for ever in my life My apartment. Please, maybe someone knows something tht I am not doing right, or not looking in the right spot??? Please help me!!
Nicole
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: I am running into brick walls about getting help

Post by Admin »

Hi Nicole, We have extensive information on assistance programs and agencies in Florida and Polk County. Now it is true that funding is limited, and sometimes agencies do not have money. You just need to keep calling around. Find the information on Florida assistance here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/flo ... grams.html We have hundreds of programs, charities, etc. listed.
For some more agencies for your county, use this for Polk County assistance. Some housing and rent agencies are listed too.
tboo316 wrote:I live in polk county, florida. I moved into my own place after I got promoted at work to a shift manager. I was able to afford all my bills working at that position with the hours I was reciving. With money left over for extra things. But at the beginning of March, I was demoted from shift manager, and now back as a regular crew member and hardly able to scrape enough hours up over a two weelk period to pay the car insurance and eletric bill. I am really stressing my rent which is due in 2 payments, one on the 1st, and the15th. I have called the only places I know of here, and either they tell me they do not have funds, or they will not help me because I do not have a young childunder my custody. So I am now facing loosing the one thing I have worked the hardest for ever in my life My apartment. Please, maybe someone knows something tht I am not doing right, or not looking in the right spot??? Please help me!!
Nicole