Need a heating system

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
sharon
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need a heating system

Post by sharon »

Hello. I have a story to tell you in hopes to raise funding for a new, clean, efficient heating/cooling system for my home. I live in Baltimore, MD and was married to my late in 2007. My husband recently divorced me, which means I only had 4 years with my husband. This past winter was difficult for me to heat my home, because he left me with a $155,000.00 mortgage, a 40,000 equity loan, very little money and jobless, because I was a stay at home wife. We heated our home with 1 wood stove and 1 wood/coal, which is cost efficient that my husband took care of. My husband made sure I would have cut wood and a pile of coal to put in buckets for next Winter, but it's dirty to burn and heavy to carry, so I purchased 3 oil filled radiator heaters and a hot air tower heater. My electric bill was more than I ever paid for this utility. I need a cleaner heating and cooling system installed in my home. I called our BG&E who supplies my electric. I asked them if they can put a system in my home and would I qualify for financial aid, because the system and install would cost about $10,000.00. I was told I do not qualify, because I don't have a credit history. Why do you need a credit history for a new heating system. It makes no sense. What do other low income people do for their public aid. We have one daughter. She has some medical conditions and therefore has high bills and expenses. The living conditions aren't good. She became withdrawn, but yet agitated. Finally she became difficult to care for, so another family member took her to the hospital. We all have asthma issues, so I need a cleaner more efficient heating/cooling system for my home to stay healthy. Can you please help me? Thank you for your time in this matter.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need a heating system

Post by Admin »

Obviously getting a new heating system is not easy or common. They are expensive. However there are several agencies to call in Baltimore for help or advice. Maybe you can also look into weatherization. So find phone numbers of places to call in Baltimore for financial assistance on heating units.
sharon wrote:Hello. I have a story to tell you in hopes to raise funding for a new, clean, efficient heating/cooling system for my home. I live in Baltimore, MD and was married to my late in 2007. My husband recently divorced me, which means I only had 4 years with my husband. This past winter was difficult for me to heat my home, because he left me with a $155,000.00 mortgage, a 40,000 equity loan, very little money and jobless, because I was a stay at home wife. We heated our home with 1 wood stove and 1 wood/coal, which is cost efficient that my husband took care of. My husband made sure I would have cut wood and a pile of coal to put in buckets for next Winter, but it's dirty to burn and heavy to carry, so I purchased 3 oil filled radiator heaters and a hot air tower heater. My electric bill was more than I ever paid for this utility. I need a cleaner heating and cooling system installed in my home. I called our BG&E who supplies my electric. I asked them if they can put a system in my home and would I qualify for financial aid, because the system and install would cost about $10,000.00. I was told I do not qualify, because I don't have a credit history. Why do you need a credit history for a new heating system. It makes no sense. What do other low income people do for their public aid. We have one daughter. She has some medical conditions and therefore has high bills and expenses. The living conditions aren't good. She became withdrawn, but yet agitated. Finally she became difficult to care for, so another family member took her to the hospital. We all have asthma issues, so I need a cleaner more efficient heating/cooling system for my home to stay healthy. Can you please help me? Thank you for your time in this matter.