Government mortgage assistance

Find mortgage help and stop foreclosure.
TheSmiths
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Government mortgage assistance

Post by TheSmiths »

I live in High Point NC. I'm inquiring about any type of assistance that is available to help me with my currant situation. I'm in desperate need of immediate help. Following is a brief description of my situation. I have a second home that I rent to my daughter. Due to illness she lost time at work which made her unable to pay full monthly mortgage payments for a couple of months. Instead of not paying anything at all she paid partial payments for those couple of months. I applied for modification and government programs to become current and was denied. Not only was I denied my mortgage company informed me that they will no longer accept any more monthly mortgage payments and that I now owe over $5,000 in modification and lawyers fees and they want it now in one lump sum or they want my home. I had no idea that applying for modification and being denied would put me in the position where I owe more now than I did before applying for modification. My daughter’s hardship is over and she can make monthly mortgage payments without any problems, but now the mortgage company won’t even accept it. When I applied for modification the mortgage company wouldn't even consider my daughters income even though they know she is the primary resident in the High Point home (she rents the property from me. We have a lease agreement.) In this process I also found out that the few times my daughter made partial payments the mortgage company wasn't putting the money toward the principal they were putting it toward the interest which makes it look like she went months without any payments and that wasn't the case at all. She never let a month pass by without paying at least half or more of the monthly mortgage payment. Neither I nor my daughter has over $5,000 to pay Mortgage Company. I'm running out of time they want it by August 8Th or they want my home. I need help. I need to save this home for my daughter and her child. If you can help me with any type of assistance, loan, or even point me in the direction where I need to go for help I will very much appreciate it. My time to solve this matter is running out and I'm desperate and out of options. Please help. I don't want my daughter and grandaughter to become homeless. Sincerly,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Government mortgage assistance

Post by Admin »

A number of federal government foreclosure prevention and mortgage assistance programs were created, and they cover the state of North Carolina too. Some of the programs include Home Affordable Refinance program, Hope for Homeowners, and the Hardest Hit fund. This may be our best resource for federal government mortgage help, and we list all the programs and options here for people struggling to pay their home loans.
TheSmiths wrote:I live in High Point NC. I'm inquiring about any type of assistance that is available to help me with my currant situation. I'm in desperate need of immediate help. Following is a brief description of my situation. I have a second home that I rent to my daughter. Due to illness she lost time at work which made her unable to pay full monthly mortgage payments for a couple of months. Instead of not paying anything at all she paid partial payments for those couple of months. I applied for modification and government programs to become current and was denied. Not only was I denied my mortgage company informed me that they will no longer accept any more monthly mortgage payments and that I now owe over $5,000 in modification and lawyers fees and they want it now in one lump sum or they want my home. I had no idea that applying for modification and being denied would put me in the position where I owe more now than I did before applying for modification. My daughter’s hardship is over and she can make monthly mortgage payments without any problems, but now the mortgage company won’t even accept it. When I applied for modification the mortgage company wouldn't even consider my daughters income even though they know she is the primary resident in the High Point home (she rents the property from me. We have a lease agreement.) In this process I also found out that the few times my daughter made partial payments the mortgage company wasn't putting the money toward the principal they were putting it toward the interest which makes it look like she went months without any payments and that wasn't the case at all. She never let a month pass by without paying at least half or more of the monthly mortgage payment. Neither I nor my daughter has over $5,000 to pay Mortgage Company. I'm running out of time they want it by August 8Th or they want my home. I need help. I need to save this home for my daughter and her child. If you can help me with any type of assistance, loan, or even point me in the direction where I need to go for help I will very much appreciate it. My time to solve this matter is running out and I'm desperate and out of options. Please help. I don't want my daughter and grandaughter to become homeless. Sincerly,
Cman15

Post by Cman15 »

I am 48 years old and I am on ssia. I recieve 695.00 per month and my bills are at least 1200.00 a month. I am way behind on my hoa dues and I am afraid of them foreclosing on me, my mortgage is up to date that is 650.42 a month out of my 695.00 a month. I just had brain surgery and i also have copd which keeps me from being able to get a breath sometimes. I dont want to be put out of my old condo because I need shelter I am on oxygen a nebuliazer etc. my condo is only worth about 45.000 and i owe 87.000, i paid 176.000 back in 2005. i have tried all of the government programs and everyone says they can't help me. i would like to move some where where there is no hoa and things might be easier for me. Well that is a brief summary for you. My x husband also owes me about 30.000 in alimony, in Florida found him in contempt 2 times but still have done nothing to help me get my monies. thanks,
Wifeofone

Post by Wifeofone »

I have been out of a job for about nine months, my husband has been out of a job for over two months. All of our utility bills are falling behind and our mortgage will also be behind this coming month. Our monthly payments are about 3200. I am getting 608 dollars every two weeks from the government unemployment commission. MY husband just walked off and left me with all the bills I am 56 years old. I also found out that he is on crack and I need his help for paying mortgage but i am afraid of him I don't want him to hurt bill I need my light bill paid he left me with rent, water bill, light bill and no grocery.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Those are difficult circumstances to be faced with. May be hard to pay your loan if your husband has left and no longer have that income. But there are dozens or hundreds of state and federal government mortgage and foreclosure programs for qualified people, even the unemployed. Find our details on government mortgage assistance by state level, and even some local county type housing programs.
Wifeofone wrote:I have been out of a job for about nine months, my husband has been out of a job for over two months. All of our utility bills are falling behind and our mortgage will also be behind this coming month. Our monthly payments are about 3200. I am getting 608 dollars every two weeks from the government unemployment commission. MY husband just walked off and left me with all the bills I am 56 years old. I also found out that he is on crack and I need his help for paying mortgage but i am afraid of him I don't want him to hurt bill I need my light bill paid he left me with rent, water bill, light bill and no grocery.
gracie

Re: Government mortgage assistance in Florida

Post by gracie »

Hello,
Not sure of the age of your webpage and things have changed so much in the last year, even the last few months, so with that said can you please send Updated information for lee county Florida, Bonita Springs Fl. for help with bills, current mortgage holders underwater, medical, dental. Especially info about TARP which is for mortgages holders current - Its seems the gangster banksters pocketed all the cash leaving nothing to work with, just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Government mortgage assistance in Florida

Post by Admin »

We agree that things do rapidly change, so that makes things challenging. However if you call some of the numbers they will tell you whether they still have funding or not. In the meantime find details on many of the state of Florida mortgage and foreclosure assistance programs and services. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/flo ... _fore.html They will also cover Lee County Florida too. There are programs and government resources like the Florida Home Loan Learning Center which are referenced on the page we sent you above.
gracie wrote:Hello,
Not sure of the age of your webpage and things have changed so much in the last year, even the last few months, so with that said can you please send Updated information for lee county Florida, Bonita Springs Fl. for help with bills, current mortgage holders underwater, medical, dental. Especially info about TARP which is for mortgages holders current - Its seems the gangster banksters pocketed all the cash leaving nothing to work with, just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Thanks
Hotmom

Post by Hotmom »

Is there stimulus money available for people who are behind on their rent or mortgage? I do not find any agencies in the Pinellas County area included in the list of offices. I see there are offices in other areas that assist, if not with the rent, assistance with information on rental assistance. Pinellas County Health and Human Services assists eligible applicants with rental assistance, but we cannot help all who apply. Pinellas County does not have stimulus money from the Government, are there any agencies in Pinellas County that do? I am trying to find other community agencies who assist when we are unable.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes there are. In fact Pinellas County Florida has a number of government and non-profit mortgage programs. Find all of the details at foreclosure help Pinellas County. There are services like mediation and free counseling. Now that information we sent is for housing issues, but many places may also have information on more rent focused programs and resources for you.
Hotmom wrote:Is there stimulus money available for people who are behind on their rent or mortgage? I do not find any agencies in the Pinellas County area included in the list of offices. I see there are offices in other areas that assist, if not with the rent, assistance with information on rental assistance. Pinellas County Health and Human Services assists eligible applicants with rental assistance, but we cannot help all who apply. Pinellas County does not have stimulus money from the Government, are there any agencies in Pinellas County that do? I am trying to find other community agencies who assist when we are unable.
SamanthaA

Post by SamanthaA »

Thank you for the information provided in regard to help with my mortgage. PNC Mortgage is unwilling to lower my mortgage based on my current income ( D-T-I is to high) but the D-T-I is based solely on their monthly payment amount. I was informed by PNC today, that my "third" request for hardship assistance to lower my mortgage has been denied. PNC claim I don’t have enough income vs. my household expenses to maintain the home, I have $107 left after pay all bills and it's not enough but yet they’re not willing to lower the payment to help me. The stress is taking a toll and I need to really consider moving, because clearly help is only available for a select few.
Sorkin

Post by Sorkin »

Hello:
My wife is currently surviving in the U.S military. Due to furloughs at my work in the federal government and a high interest loan almost paid off, we fell behind in our mortgage. We are back on track and stable now. I even have been taking financial classes to learn to budget better. However, the mortgage company just started the foreclosure process. I was wondering if there is any program to maybe roll the money into a loan, negotiate with the bank etc? Any information would be gladly appreciated.
Caroline12

Post by Caroline12 »

I live in Atlanta, Georgia. Back in August, my 18 months of assistance from Homesafe ran out and I thought that I could keep my mortgage paid up current, but when I went back to my substitute teacher job in January, I was told that my hour will be cut from 40 hours a week to no more than 29 hours a week or 16 days of 8 hours work days a month. Now I and my wife can not afford to pay my $820.00 mortgage and all of monthly utilities bills!
What other help are there to help me?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Can you substitute at another teaching job in Georgia and use that money for your mortgage? Also, call a HUD counseling agency. You seem to be hard working so therefore a good possible applicant to one of the government mortgage programs or maybe even some type of payment arrangement with the lender. Find locations of Georgia non-profit HUD counselors, and call one or two offices that are near you.
Caroline12 wrote:I live in Atlanta, Georgia. Back in August, my 18 months of assistance from Homesafe ran out and I thought that I could keep my mortgage paid up current, but when I went back to my substitute teacher job in January, I was told that my hour will be cut from 40 hours a week to no more than 29 hours a week or 16 days of 8 hours work days a month. Now I and my wife can not afford to pay my $820.00 mortgage and all of monthly utilities bills!
What other help are there to help me?