Rent, food, and bills

Find how to get help with rent
Momneedshelp
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rent, food, and bills

Post by Momneedshelp »

I have been in this site going around for hours, there are no phone numbers and the only one I found for Lehigh does not answer. I live in Cape Coral FL. I need help with rent, utilities and food. I can not find any where to go or call. I can't find a job even though I spend all day long sending resumes everywhere. My husband is squatting in my house that is foreclosed on and won't leave it. I am living in a duplex and having trouble paying for anything as I am alone. I have suffered abuse from him and he does not give me a dime and attorneys say I can't get anything from him. I'm too young for SS and too old to hire and have bad knees. I've worked all of my life, I have many skills, but it has dried up and I can't find employment with anyone that wants to pay a dime. It's all comm. and they want you to work and drive for free.
Is there any help out there? I would appreciate some numbers.
Thank you,
Jimmysmith19a

Re: Rent, food, and bills

Post by Jimmysmith19a »

HELLO HOW U DOING I NEED HELP WITH ALL MY BILLS, I NEED FOOD AND RENT HELP. I HAVE PASS DUE AND CUT OFF NOTICE ON THEM I LIVE IN DECATUR GA 30032 . I HAVE CALL 211 AND OTHERS PLACES TO HELP ME 4 OF THEM SAY THEY COULD NOT HELP ME BECAUSE I GOT TO BE ABLE TO PAY MY NEXT MONTH. THE ONLY INCOME I HAVE NOE IS UNEMPLOYED 81 A WEEK FOR 5 WEEK. I HAVE BEEN LAY OFF MY JOB JUNE 30 2010. DECATUR GA 30032. THANK U FOR YOUR TIME
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

I really have no idea how you say you can't find phone numbers on the site. We have thousands of phone numbers, names of charities, etc. and even some for Cape Coral and Lee County. This link has programs and options for you. There are places like the Cape Coral Caring Center, and number is (239) 945-1927. They have programs to help people find a job, and also may be able to direct you towards grants for paying bills. There are many other places to turn to and information in this link/resource as well, and also phone numbers.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Momneedshelp wrote:I have been in this site going around for hours, there are no phone numbers and the only one I found for Lehigh does not answer. I live in Cape Coral FL. I need help with rent, utilities and food. I can not find any where to go or call. I can't find a job even though I spend all day long sending resumes everywhere. My husband is squatting in my house that is foreclosed on and won't leave it. I am living in a duplex and having trouble paying for anything as I am alone. I have suffered abuse from him and he does not give me a dime and attorneys say I can't get anything from him. I'm too young for SS and too old to hire and have bad knees. I've worked all of my life, I have many skills, but it has dried up and I can't find employment with anyone that wants to pay a dime. It's all comm. and they want you to work and drive for free.
Is there any help out there? I would appreciate some numbers.
Thank you,
f12

Post by f12 »

I have never ask for help before. Trinity. Texas 75862. I will have this number and e mail for about 3 weeks. Then I can no longer afford the phone bills. The address till. I don't know. We live in a garage. We use it as a house for now. I was laid off. And I lost our home in Cleveland TX. I'm a welded by trade. I have used up all my resources. I cannot even get a part time job. No one is hiring. I'm lost. We have sold everything paying bills. We have nothing left to sell. We need help. We are on food stamps. But they don't pay light and water. We were buying the land with the garage till I was laid off. We owe 8000.00. On it. And it will be ours. Were paying 300.00 a month. Haven't paid that in 4 months. She has been letting us stay here. But her patience are gone. Which I don't blame her. We need help. My wife has health issues. If you can find me help. It will be a God send. Thank you.
God Bless America
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Trinity Texas is in Liberty County, and here is information on programs in that part of Texas.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/lib ... og.htmlThe number one place to call for help is the Brazos Valley Community Action Agency, Inc. they run many different programs, and work with charities and non-profits in the local community. They may have food programs, ways to get utility help, and other aid. Dial (979) 846-1100. Another option is Operation Refuge, Inc., which is in Cleveland., and you can dial (281) 592-6701.

f12 wrote:I have never ask for help before. Trinity. Texas 75862. I will have this number and e mail for about 3 weeks. Then I can no longer afford the phone bills. The address till. I don't know. We live in a garage. We use it as a house for now. I was laid off. And I lost our home in Cleveland TX. I'm a welded by trade. I have used up all my resources. I cannot even get a part time job. No one is hiring. I'm lost. We have sold everything paying bills. We have nothing left to sell. We need help. We are on food stamps. But they don't pay light and water. We were buying the land with the garage till I was laid off. We owe 8000.00. On it. And it will be ours. Were paying 300.00 a month. Haven't paid that in 4 months. She has been letting us stay here. But her patience are gone. Which I don't blame her. We need help. My wife has health issues. If you can find me help. It will be a God send. Thank you.
God Bless America
SandiStanley

Post by SandiStanley »

I was laid off in March 4,2011 do to budget cuts. I am collecting unemployment that covers my rent for now. I am using what money I have to pay for food Gas to look for work and utilities, I am not sure how long I will be unemployed? I am working with the Vet Rep at IDES in Bloomington IL to apply at companies as well as online sites. I applied for help on May 10th at DHS but no answer from them as yet. Any advice for me?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Fiund a listing of Assistance programs in McLean County, which is where Bloomington is located. Two of the best places to call for help include the McHenry County Housing Authority, which can be reached at 815-338-7752, as well as the Salvation Army (309) 829-9476. That housing authority also supports Bloomington residents, and is a great resource to call for aid and just general assistance on rent assistance and other programs. And follow up on your application with IDES!
SandiStanley wrote:I was laid off in March 4,2011 do to budget cuts. I am collecting unemployment that covers my rent for now. I am using what money I have to pay for food Gas to look for work and utilities, I am not sure how long I will be unemployed? I am working with the Vet Rep at IDES in Bloomington IL to apply at companies as well as online sites. I applied for help on May 10th at DHS but no answer from them as yet. Any advice for me?
Igotthis

Post by Igotthis »

I am an Air Force veteran and I have a home for rent. I would like to rent to a family that can appreciate a quality home that's in the York Pa. area. The 3200 sq. ft. home has 4 bedrooms and 3 .5 bathrooms. It's in a lovely area near the York Trauma Center and York College. Please contact me if this is the correct office that can address this issue or direct me to the office that can assist me. I currently work for the Department of State at the American Embassy in Harare, Zimbabwe. My wife is in the Washington D.C. area and the current renters have chosen not to extend their lease so the property will be vacant after July 31st. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, not sure about renting a home. We provide people information on assistance programs. For your County Pennsylvania you can find a listing of York assistance programs. Maybe try calling New Hope Ministries, Inc. at 717-432-2087 which is the leading non-profit charity/assistance agency in the area. Ask them about rentals and low income housing.
Igotthis wrote:I am an Air Force veteran and I have a home for rent. I would like to rent to a family that can appreciate a quality home that's in the York Pa. area. The 3200 sq. ft. home has 4 bedrooms and 3 .5 bathrooms. It's in a lovely area near the York Trauma Center and York College. Please contact me if this is the correct office that can address this issue or direct me to the office that can assist me. I currently work for the Department of State at the American Embassy in Harare, Zimbabwe. My wife is in the Washington D.C. area and the current renters have chosen not to extend their lease so the property will be vacant after July 31st. Thank you,
peekab00

Post by peekab00 »

Igotthis wrote:I am an Air Force veteran and I have a home for rent. I would like to rent to a family that can appreciate a quality home that's in the York Pa. area. The 3200 sq. ft. home has 4 bedrooms and 3 .5 bathrooms. It's in a lovely area near the York Trauma Center and York College. Please contact me if this is the correct office that can address this issue or direct me to the office that can assist me. I currently work for the Department of State at the American Embassy in Harare, Zimbabwe. My wife is in the Washington D.C. area and the current renters have chosen not to extend their lease so the property will be vacant after July 31st. Thank you,

***********this looks like a scam***********
NewYork

Post by NewYork »

I was assisting a family here in Iowa. They moved to Kenosha Wisconsin this week and I learned that in route they were robbed of all of their cash at a rest stop. They now have no money to pay the rent or even money for food at the place they planned to move into. They won't go to a shelter cause they wont leave their family pets. They are living in the Uhaul with their stuff until they get next months disability check. Do you have any suggestions of who they might contact in Kenosha for assistance?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is horrible. What did the police say and could they find the culprits. Did they know anyone in Kenosha prior to their move and stay with them? So I think they need to look into low income housing, and some programs in Kenosha County can be found here, at this resource. There are agencies like Kenosha Human Development Services 262-657-7188 as well as the Racine/Kenosha Community Action Agency phone(262) 637-8377 both of which may administer housing programs for people in need of help.
NewYork wrote:I was assisting a family here in Iowa. They moved to Kenosha Wisconsin this week and I learned that in route they were robbed of all of their cash at a rest stop. They now have no money to pay the rent or even money for food at the place they planned to move into. They won't go to a shelter cause they wont leave their family pets. They are living in the Uhaul with their stuff until they get next months disability check. Do you have any suggestions of who they might contact in Kenosha for assistance?
MorganGold

Post by MorganGold »

I can not find a job. I am 55 and have not worked since last April. I only collected unemployment for 16 weeks because I did not make enough money. I did work 18 months before I was laid off, but most of that time I only made 110.00 a week and was told it did not count because anything under 140 was not considered. I do once in a while make a little money playing music, but my hands hurt so much I can't play much anymore. I just applied for Social Security, a reduced rate because I am 55. I need help with my rent and food. I was paying 1300 a month, but the landlord agreed to drop it to 1100. I am not behind because I have been borrowing a lot of money just to pay bills. Is there a rent and utilities assistance program I can take advantage of? I live with my girlfriend and she makes grosses 88 dollars per week Can you help me? Or lead me to where I can get some help? Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great for landlord to reduce your rent, but that is expensive amount you are paying. Can't you find anywhere cheaper to live? Especially if you are only living on Social Security. As far as some other ideas and places to call, locate a bunch of Tucson Arizona and Pima County rental assistance programs and services here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/tuc ... tance.html
A number of agencies and organizations can help the low income and seniors pay their bills and rent. They can also probably direct you to food and utility programs too. And keep playing that music for income!
MorganGold wrote:I can not find a job. I am 55 and have not worked since last April. I only collected unemployment for 16 weeks because I did not make enough money. I did work 18 months before I was laid off, but most of that time I only made 110.00 a week and was told it did not count because anything under 140 was not considered. I do once in a while make a little money playing music, but my hands hurt so much I can't play much anymore. I just applied for Social Security, a reduced rate because I am 55. I need help with my rent and food. I was paying 1300 a month, but the landlord agreed to drop it to 1100. I am not behind because I have been borrowing a lot of money just to pay bills. Is there a rent and utilities assistance program I can take advantage of? I live with my girlfriend and she makes grosses 88 dollars per week Can you help me? Or lead me to where I can get some help? Thank you.
Diannea

Post by Diannea »

To whom it may concern;
I have heard from several people about different financial programs that may be available to those who need it and specifically I am in need of rental assistance so I do not get evicted. I have done a good amount of research about the programs available but I can not seem to find out where I can look into these programs, or where I can even find an application. If you can help me out in anyway or at least point me in the right direction it would greatly be appreciated. I was homeless for a short period of time this year and I am really hoping to avoid that again especially because I am not in the best of health right now.