single mother needs rent assistance/job

Find how to get help with rent
deedee76
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

single mother needs rent assistance/job

Post by deedee76 »

I have been trying to find an organization in my area (Dallas County, TX) that will help me with rent assistance. I was previously referred to Urban League but they turned me down because I recently lost my job (last month). My unemployment was denied (currently appealing that decision) but in the meantime, I have no income coming in. All my bills are falling behind. I have already cashed out my 401k to pay this month's rent plus late fees. Is there an organization in my county that will assist those that do NOT have a job? I am diligently trying to find another job. I immediately applied for emergency TANF and SNAP but my application is STILL pending even though I faxed in all applicable paperwork needed. PLEASE, PLEASE help me to find organizations that will help me, not turn me down because I am no longer employed. My daughter and I hardly have any food left and the electric bill and apartment rent are due SOON. Thanks for your time.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: single mother needs rent assistance/job

Post by Admin »

Well, the Urban League is but one option in Dallas Texas. Many other local charities and non-profits are found on this resource here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/dal ... progr.html
Call places like the Dallas Catholic Charities (dial (214) 826-8330), another place is the Interfaith Housing Coalition phone (214) 827-7337 and many more are on the link I sent above.
Ask about the homeless prevention program, which was created from government stimulus money.
deedee76 wrote:I have been trying to find an organization in my area (Dallas County, TX) that will help me with rent assistance. I was previously referred to Urban League but they turned me down because I recently lost my job (last month). My unemployment was denied (currently appealing that decision) but in the meantime, I have no income coming in. All my bills are falling behind. I have already cashed out my 401k to pay this month's rent plus late fees. Is there an organization in my county that will assist those that do NOT have a job? I am diligently trying to find another job. I immediately applied for emergency TANF and SNAP but my application is STILL pending even though I faxed in all applicable paperwork needed. PLEASE, PLEASE help me to find organizations that will help me, not turn me down because I am no longer employed. My daughter and I hardly have any food left and the electric bill and apartment rent are due SOON. Thanks for your time.
Chin12

Post by Chin12 »

I have lived Reno, NV since the end of March.2009. I have been employed since May 2011. I have had to move 4 times since I moved here. I have had to live with family. I am married with 4 children and my husband has some health issues that stop him from finding work, and I have recently got a cut in hours. I just need help this month. And I am also waiting for Food Stamps to kick back in because of a re-certification. Do you know of anyone that can help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, good news you have a job. Maybe can look for a part time role to make up for the cut in hours, while husband watches the kids. In addition, here is information on Nevada food pantries. They may be able to supplement the government food stamps you are collecting, and the agencies often times have information on local rent programs and/or low income housing.
Chin12 wrote:I have lived Reno, NV since the end of March.2009. I have been employed since May 2011. I have had to move 4 times since I moved here. I have had to live with family. I am married with 4 children and my husband has some health issues that stop him from finding work, and I have recently got a cut in hours. I just need help this month. And I am also waiting for Food Stamps to kick back in because of a re-certification. Do you know of anyone that can help?
SmithWade

Post by SmithWade »

Hello I'm desperate need of help for my rent. On February 21, 2011 I found out my rent $650 was stolen at my low-income apartment complex by chase,because my landlord claimed he did not receive it. I filed claims after claims and no one help i had to called every where to try to get help and find out information myself no help still in the process but their saying that there not going to help!!! And I just lost my job so need new employment. Till this day my landlord is still asking me for the rent to pay it off for February. I am single and my kids and I can't be evicted. PLEASE HELP
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do not under. The national Bank Chase / JP Morgan stole your money. How? Makes no sense. They are one of the nations largest banks and can't steal someones money. Bring your statement of this to them local branch and what do they say. Calling around is good, and you need to keep doing this. Here are some additional single mom rent and financial assistance programs for you.
SmithWade wrote:Hello I'm desperate need of help for my rent. On February 21, 2011 I found out my rent $650 was stolen at my low-income apartment complex by chase,because my landlord claimed he did not receive it. I filed claims after claims and no one help i had to called every where to try to get help and find out information myself no help still in the process but their saying that there not going to help!!! And I just lost my job so need new employment. Till this day my landlord is still asking me for the rent to pay it off for February. I am single and my kids and I can't be evicted. PLEASE HELP
Meredith

Post by Meredith »

Single mother trying to give my daughter a better life but struggling to pay my rent and utilities every month. I haven't received any child support in a long time even when I did it was very little. I'm always in the negative in the bank, please I need assistance now more than ever. I recently went through chemo and radiation for cervical cancer and am trying to rebuild my life but am struggling every day.