Furnace and windows

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Bre12
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Furnace and windows

Post by Bre12 »

I am on a weatherization list in Jefferson County Missouri. Is their any other help for heating home all windows are old chimney falling down and no insulation in my home. My furnace also needs to be replaced. I am a full time student work full time and have a twelve year old dauther that I support on my own when I got my home in 2001 I didn't think it would be this hard to keep up with bills and repair my home.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Furnace and windows

Post by Admin »

Good that you are on the weatherization list. Funding for that government program in increasing, so you are more likely to get help from it. In addition, here is info on other programs and ways to get help in that county of Missouri. Call some of these agencies or non-profits, and ask for help. Call the Jefferson-Franklin Community Action Corporation at (636) 789-2686. Catholic Charities (636) 931-5859 is another program or agency in the area. Call them and ask for home loan repair programs, weatherization, and other similar home repair programs.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/jef ... e_pr3.html
Bre12 wrote:I am on a weatherization list in Jefferson County Missouri. Is their any other help for heating home all windows are old chimney falling down and no insulation in my home. My furnace also needs to be replaced. I am a full time student work full time and have a twelve year old dauther that I support on my own when I got my home in 2001 I didn't think it would be this hard to keep up with bills and repair my home.
SafeHaven

Post by SafeHaven »

my furnace & hot water heater need to be replaced. Windows are leaking air too. The furnace was worked on 12/09, they said it was very old and would only last a couple more years. I just spent the whole night listening to it make loud noises as if the fan was not moving freely (I cked it was.) I am on Soc Sec disability. When i bought the trailer they told me the furnace was only 2-3yrs old. I believe (Hurlston heating and cooling) it was 13yrs old. Same story with the Hot water heater it was put in 2003. I don't know anything about buying these items, all i know is its hard to pay the bills now. thank you for any advice or help you can give me.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

If your windows are leaking aid, and maybe need a new furnace, then can look into free public government programs like weatherization. Call your local community action agency or state social services. Read more on weatherization and electric bills and a good summary of assistance programs and ways to get free repairs. Probably the only good thing is there are many options for electric bills, heaters, etc. Just need to call around.
SafeHaven wrote:my furnace & hot water heater need to be replaced. Windows are leaking air too. The furnace was worked on 12/09, they said it was very old and would only last a couple more years. I just spent the whole night listening to it make loud noises as if the fan was not moving freely (I cked it was.) I am on Soc Sec disability. When i bought the trailer they told me the furnace was only 2-3yrs old. I believe (Hurlston heating and cooling) it was 13yrs old. Same story with the Hot water heater it was put in 2003. I don't know anything about buying these items, all i know is its hard to pay the bills now. thank you for any advice or help you can give me.