Emergency Rental Assistance

Find how to get help with rent
jessicad274
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Emergency Rental Assistance

Post by jessicad274 »

I was wondering if someone might could help me with last months rent. I am fixing to be 2 months behind on the rent. I have called every agency here in Mississippi, including the Salvation army and the telll me there are no funds. I cant find any help. I start my job on December 1st and I have not paid any of Novembers rent. My landlord is now starting the eviction process and I cannot get evicted. If anyones knows anywhere that might could help would you please let me know. I have a small child and I really need help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Emergency Rental Assistance

Post by Admin »

What city or County in Mississippi? Here is a listing of agencies by county and city. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html Hopefully your is listed there. Once you go to the county you can find info on who to call for rent help, and eviction prevention services and advice.
jessicad274 wrote:I was wondering if someone might could help me with last months rent. I am fixing to be 2 months behind on the rent. I have called every agency here in Mississippi, including the Salvation army and the telll me there are no funds. I cant find any help. I start my job on December 1st and I have not paid any of Novembers rent. My landlord is now starting the eviction process and I cannot get evicted. If anyones knows anywhere that might could help would you please let me know. I have a small child and I really need help.
Perkiu1

Post by Perkiu1 »

I am about to become a boarder in someone's home as an emergency situation. I am living in their furnished basement. I have to pay $650 month so my son whom I have shared custody of has some quality of space(otherwise my ex will use ita agaist me to try and move him out of state. I am earning $232 week in unemployment benefits and $70/week or so from a part time job. I am hoping to get any kind of help with paying my monthly rent and/or security deposit. Thank you for your consideration.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So you are paying the $650 month for a basement? Talk to the person you are renting from and try to get a discount on that. Very expensive for a basement. In the meantime, other places you may want to call are the City of Fort Lauderdale Housing & Community Development Division, and their phone number is (954) 828-4512. Ask about the rapid rehousing and homeless prevention program, which can help people pay rent and security deposits. Other agencies to call for help may include the ones listed here. Try to find another part time job too.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/bro ... _prog.html
Perkiu1 wrote:I am about to become a boarder in someone's home as an emergency situation. I am living in their furnished basement. I have to pay $650 month so my son whom I have shared custody of has some quality of space(otherwise my ex will use ita agaist me to try and move him out of state. I am earning $232 week in unemployment benefits and $70/week or so from a part time job. I am hoping to get any kind of help with paying my monthly rent and/or security deposit. Thank you for your consideration.
Mabell

Post by Mabell »

I have not paid the May rent and have no resources to do so. I will be able to pay June but the landlord wants the May rent and I don't blame him. I like living here with my 13 yr old daughter and 18 yr old daughter who has a new baby (3 mos old). I am unemployed and receive disability from the insurance company where I was last employed and my daughter is unemployed and has not yet received any child support from the child's father. The father lied about income so she will receive less than $200.00 per month to support her baby. I have been paying expenses which is why I am short this month. I live in Racine County which offers help however you must have an eviction notice and a lease neither of which I have. Please contact me ASAP with any suggestions to obtain help for a one time payment of my May rent. I am desperate. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, unfortunately you usually need to have an eviction notice in order to get emergency rent help. So did you review the fact he lied and reduced benefits with the court system, and how can you not have a lease? A housing counselor may be able to help with those issues though. Places to call in Racine for help include Racine's Legal Action (Phone number is (262) 635-8836). They offer various government HUD programs, which are directly related to eviction prevention and rental programs. They have various free housing counselors on staff too.

Mabell wrote:I have not paid the May rent and have no resources to do so. I will be able to pay June but the landlord wants the May rent and I don't blame him. I like living here with my 13 yr old daughter and 18 yr old daughter who has a new baby (3 mos old). I am unemployed and receive disability from the insurance company where I was last employed and my daughter is unemployed and has not yet received any child support from the child's father. The father lied about income so she will receive less than $200.00 per month to support her baby. I have been paying expenses which is why I am short this month. I live in Racine County which offers help however you must have an eviction notice and a lease neither of which I have. Please contact me ASAP with any suggestions to obtain help for a one time payment of my May rent. I am desperate. Thank you.
H245a

Post by H245a »

Need rental assistance. I am $7000.00 in the rear. I still have a roof over my head because of the compassion of my landlord(owner). My utilizes are off and I get help from another tenant in my apartment. I was told by a church I would get help but this never happened. I am not from Birmingham Alabama and have no family to get support from. This situation has caused a great deal of stress and I feel I need to talk to someone concerning my mental health. I was forced to move to Alabama from New Orleans because of Katrina years ago. I can not afford to go home and can't afford to stay. Need a job but at my age of 30 no one wants to hire a person of that age. I is nice to get help but a job would be best.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is great that your landlord is willing to work with you. And that now you are looking to compensate/repay your landlord for that compassion. Why will someone now hire you at that age? Was that a typo? Anyway, in the meantime, use this for Birmingham Alabama rent assistance, as dozens of charities, non-profits, and other organizatiosn focus on this need in the Jefferson County Alabama area. Places like the Birmingham Helpline Christian Outreach Ministries, Inc. which can be reached at 833-7712
H245a wrote:Need rental assistance. I am $7000.00 in the rear. I still have a roof over my head because of the compassion of my landlord(owner). My utilizes are off and I get help from another tenant in my apartment. I was told by a church I would get help but this never happened. I am not from Birmingham Alabama and have no family to get support from. This situation has caused a great deal of stress and I feel I need to talk to someone concerning my mental health. I was forced to move to Alabama from New Orleans because of Katrina years ago. I can not afford to go home and can't afford to stay. Need a job but at my age of 30 no one wants to hire a person of that age. I is nice to get help but a job would be best.
Apex

Post by Apex »

I'm in need of Rental Assistance, I lost my job a few years ago do to my husband injury he is totally disable and is being in the process of being evicted we have been homeless last year praying is kept me strong. I had apply for assistance a few years and was treated every disrespectful I had just lots my father due to cancer,lots my job and the grace of God my husband i were in need for rental assistance I was turned away and not qualify and become homeless I felt that the person In charge the case manager in the salvation Army didn't think I had a hard ship and was forced to become homeless and me and my children had to lived in a shelter. I am afraid to seek. For homeless assistance and to be turned down going threw the same pain of being homeless when I deep know that I am in need and have a hard ship I just got a job 2 days ago that will help me with my rent but is behind a month. Thank you I there is an program that can help in my rent I would be appreciated very much
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are so many emergency rental assistance programs out there it is incredible. the challenge is that the demand is so high and many have limited funding, so they can't help everyone who needs it. The goal of them is to prevent homelessness, evictions, and and really keep people in both safe and affordable homes, apartments, and living conditions. Find the ways to get rent help. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _rent.html
Apex wrote:I'm in need of Rental Assistance, I lost my job a few years ago do to my husband injury he is totally disable and is being in the process of being evicted we have been homeless last year praying is kept me strong. I had apply for assistance a few years and was treated every disrespectful I had just lots my father due to cancer,lots my job and the grace of God my husband i were in need for rental assistance I was turned away and not qualify and become homeless I felt that the person In charge the case manager in the salvation Army didn't think I had a hard ship and was forced to become homeless and me and my children had to lived in a shelter. I am afraid to seek. For homeless assistance and to be turned down going threw the same pain of being homeless when I deep know that I am in need and have a hard ship I just got a job 2 days ago that will help me with my rent but is behind a month. Thank you I there is an program that can help in my rent I would be appreciated very much
Merwer

Post by Merwer »

I am about to be evicted from my apartment I have rent money for November and part of December but not January which is 1300.00. The office manager turned my file over to an attorney so now I have to pay 2,154 which I dont have. I am a single parent with one child to make it I don't have all the money and they are giving me to the end of December to come up with all of the money or I will be put out of apartment me and my child please please help me. Thank You
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, you are behind now and are definitely facing an emergency situation. Some programs do exist, and the fact you have a child may put you a little higher in line for help. Find our listing of programs that offer emergency funds for paying rent. It is a guide by city. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/eme ... tance.html
Merwer wrote:I am about to be evicted from my apartment I have rent money for November and part of December but not January which is 1300.00. The office manager turned my file over to an attorney so now I have to pay 2,154 which I dont have. I am a single parent with one child to make it I don't have all the money and they are giving me to the end of December to come up with all of the money or I will be put out of apartment me and my child please please help me. Thank You
nicolek

Post by nicolek »

I live in Alexandria, VA and have received a court notice for eviction. I work full time but can't seem to catch up. My lease is up in May and I can move but this month I need fast help before court. Please advise......Thank You
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Is Alexandra in Arlington County? If so, then here is some information on Arlington assistance programs. Follow link for a couple options, but looks like the leading place to call is Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS). Also, for some more general information on assistance and rental programs in Virginia, try this for statewide resources. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/vir ... grams.html
nicolek wrote:I live in Alexandria, VA and have received a court notice for eviction. I work full time but can't seem to catch up. My lease is up in May and I can move but this month I need fast help before court. Please advise......Thank You
supreme

Post by supreme »

Dear Sir/Madam:
I have been trying for several weeks to get some assistance in regard to paying my rent. I have not yet paid my rent for March 2012 and currently owe $1540. DSS will not help me because I am working and have a small income. I live in Hampton, VA I have 2 children at home 18 and 12. the 18 years who is a senior this year was just sent back to us after being in a school and she is special needs and needs hand on care and cannot be left alone. My youngest is doing great. My husband has been out of work Since February and things are beginning to snow ball and I don't know where else to turn. I had one local church that was pretty positive that they could help but, I have left multiple voicemails and they are not returning any of my calls. I really don't want to put out on the street and I am begging for someone to help me. My property manager suggested I reach out. Thank you in advance for you time and consideration.