Crashing down again

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Stryder
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Crashing down again

Post by Stryder »

I'm really not sure of where to start. We moved from Colorado to South Dakota and are buying our house from my brother, trying to get back on our feet; however, things keep getting worse. I had to start our own company working as contract to my former employer of over 11 years (I've been working since I was 16, 42 now). I can't find extra work, we are in the middle of no where, and my wife just lost her job due to medical issues and has filed for SSI. She was turned down for SSI disability because she does not have enough "work credits"??? Not sure what that is. Her doctor’s appointments are not only very expensive, but a minimum of 40 minutes away and now we have no vehicle again. Our only vehicle at the time has a blown motor, the next one we picked up 6 months ago due to necessity just blow the motor as well. I have worked very hard to pay off all of our bills, it may take time but they get paid so my credit is shot. We had a foreclosure in 2006 in Colorado that killed our almost perfect credit, since then it's been down hill. I really do not know what to do now, where to turn and I'm scared for my wife’s health. Right now I'm lost, confused, have a home that we owe only $1700 left, no vehicle, medical bills climbing, home that needs major repairs, utility bills mounting, prescriptions costing a small fortune (to us anyway), business taxes and unemployment due that we can't cover yet and stuck here with no family that can help. For the first time in my life I truly feel like I failed my wife. The stress has caused MAJOR arguments between us, not pointing fingers, just the anger at our situation. I know there are a lot of people out there in worse shape then we are, I have seen and helped them before we moved here but I never thought we would be this bad off after the move. I can't even get a loan for a $4000 vehicle with both of mine as a trade-in, not even a home equity loan. I'm not asking for anything free, GOD knows there are others out there that need more help than we do, I just need some advice, some direction that can get us moving in the right direction again. I thought I could fix anything, but a hard lesson to learn is I can’t fix everything alone. My health is starting to decline for the first time in my life and that even takes a toll. How in the world can I stop this downward spiral on such a limited income and no financial support from my wife any longer? I’m not angry, just lost and feeling desperate. I work so hard only to see others that don’t work at all with everything they want and need and still ask us for money or help. Help I can give, money I can’t.

Thanks for listening
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Crashing down again

Post by Admin »

Sounds like you need help with many types of bills, debts, etc. I think the best thing is to search the entire site of needhelppayingbills http://needhelppayingbills.com/
Focus on navigation bars on left menu. For example, we have links for free health care (maybe for wife) http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _care.html information on mortgage assistance, credit counseling and debt reduction, and much more. Thousands of programs and phone numbers are listed on the main site. Good luck.
Stryder wrote:I'm really not sure of where to start. We moved from Colorado to South Dakota and are buying our house from my brother, trying to get back on our feet; however, things keep getting worse. I had to start our own company working as contract to my former employer of over 11 years (I've been working since I was 16, 42 now). I can't find extra work, we are in the middle of no where, and my wife just lost her job due to medical issues and has filed for SSI. She was turned down for SSI disability because she does not have enough "work credits"??? Not sure what that is. Her doctor’s appointments are not only very expensive, but a minimum of 40 minutes away and now we have no vehicle again. Our only vehicle at the time has a blown motor, the next one we picked up 6 months ago due to necessity just blow the motor as well. I have worked very hard to pay off all of our bills, it may take time but they get paid so my credit is shot. We had a foreclosure in 2006 in Colorado that killed our almost perfect credit, since then it's been down hill. I really do not know what to do now, where to turn and I'm scared for my wife’s health. Right now I'm lost, confused, have a home that we owe only $1700 left, no vehicle, medical bills climbing, home that needs major repairs, utility bills mounting, prescriptions costing a small fortune (to us anyway), business taxes and unemployment due that we can't cover yet and stuck here with no family that can help. For the first time in my life I truly feel like I failed my wife. The stress has caused MAJOR arguments between us, not pointing fingers, just the anger at our situation. I know there are a lot of people out there in worse shape then we are, I have seen and helped them before we moved here but I never thought we would be this bad off after the move. I can't even get a loan for a $4000 vehicle with both of mine as a trade-in, not even a home equity loan. I'm not asking for anything free, GOD knows there are others out there that need more help than we do, I just need some advice, some direction that can get us moving in the right direction again. I thought I could fix anything, but a hard lesson to learn is I can’t fix everything alone. My health is starting to decline for the first time in my life and that even takes a toll. How in the world can I stop this downward spiral on such a limited income and no financial support from my wife any longer? I’m not angry, just lost and feeling desperate. I work so hard only to see others that don’t work at all with everything they want and need and still ask us for money or help. Help I can give, money I can’t.

Thanks for listening