eye care assistance

State and local government assistance programs.
legrey
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

eye care assistance

Post by legrey »

31 yr old male, unemployed. Legally blind without glasses. mine are old with so much scratching i can barely see and can no longer drive at nite. Need to be able to see properly to find new job.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: eye care assistance

Post by Admin »

Your request isn't very informative or helpful. What state? You have insurance? While we wait for more information from you so that are reply can be more helpful, use this resource for free medical care programs.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/get ... _care.html
We have some resources listed for eye exams, glasses, and what not. Also try community clinics and other local medical providers.
legrey wrote:31 yr old male, unemployed. Legally blind without glasses. mine are old with so much scratching i can barely see and can no longer drive at nite. Need to be able to see properly to find new job.
Scarlett1

Post by Scarlett1 »

I am currently in Illinois, Stephenson county. I have a 6 year old daughter and a son, and very low income, and unfortunately, I am in debt. I am disabled under the social security disability decision made in January 2010. Social security income Is 750.00/month,and I now receive 92.00 a week for child support. My medical coverage includes Medicaid and Medicare, however I have many medical problems, and take many medications, often which are not covered by either insurance. My daughter has an urgent need for a second corrective eye surgery for a lazy eye, and if not fixed soon, it could risk blindness in her left eye. All in all, I am desperate for any help, and any information I could be given for help. I have a car title loan which is at a balance of 880.00, however, unless paid in full, I owe 390.00/month and hardly any of that is applied to the loan. I deal with chronic pain, anxiety and depression, and am trying to get my life in order for my daughters sake and my own. Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thank you so much.
Baker

Post by Baker »

I need help fast! This family, a mother, her 4 year old child and the grandmother have been living at my parent's house, my parents are deceased since April and May of 2014, and they haven't paid rent or utilities since May 2014. Their vision is also going so they need eye treatment. I live elsewhere and have carried the weight of paying, taxes, water bills, gas bills, electric bills, insurance, sewage bills etc... For the 2 homes! I cannot continue to do so, I will be forced to evict this family, as I can't continue to pay bills for 2 homes.
Can someone guide me on the steps I can take to get assistance for their eyes and financial need and at the same time prevent me from having to evict this family!
Thank you for any advice you could give me!!
Sincerely,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are both free eye glass and testing services that you can try. But that is great for you to look out for another family. You are going above and beyond o help that 4 year old child with their needs, and they should appreciate you are trying to get them vision care.
Baker

Post by Baker »

Hello,
I am 50 years old and I have been out of work since May due to an eye infection/severe central corneal ulcer/laceration. I have been receiving treatment for it through the Ophthalmology Clinic Program at University Hospital since January 1, 2017 and I am still currently undergoing treatment for an indefinite time.
This condition had left me sightless and due to the doctor visits and the inability to properly see, I have been unable to work. I am in need of assistance and where I may be able to go for it. I am currently applying for Social Security Disability Benefits and Food Stamps.
You can reach me by phone. Thank you for your time and help. I look forward to hearing from you.
AnnaMom

Post by AnnaMom »

To whom it may concern:
I am writing this letter to see if I can get medical assistance for my eye exam and prescription. I am on a fixed income and right now I am not employed. I have no income coming in to help pay for my eye care exam and plus I have no insurance for eye exam.  I would really appreciate your help and getting exam or assistance with my eye care needs. I am a diabetic and glycose runs through my family history and it has been several years since I had an eye exam and change of glasses. Please help.
I would like to thank you in advance for your help in this matter.