Rent assistance and help in Michigan

Find how to get help with rent
may.julie84

Rent assistance and help in Michigan

Post by may.julie84 »

Help with rent in Kalamazoo, MI. help with all bills as well.
hope
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

lost and desperate for rent help

Post by hope »

I am so very lost and desperate. I'm scared this is a very lonely and hard time for me right now. I live in Michigan I need help with my rent please.
Hitit

Re: Rent assistance and help in Michigan

Post by Hitit »

I am 19 years old and from Michigan. I live in a three bedroom apartment with my mom and 12 year old daughter. Our father left us a couple years ago for another opportunity. The economy is tough in Michigan and my mom is struggling to pay our bills and make ends meet, while working as much as possible at the only job she could find. That job is part time, minimum wage and doesn't cut it. I've also desperately been looking in order to help but have been unsuccessful thus far. We can no longer afford our $1100 some dollar a month rent and planned to move to a smaller apartment that costs a few hundred per month less. Then our apartment complex told us they would charge a $3100 to break the lease, which we certainly cannot afford. Please try to find us help. It's the holidays and we're at our wits end here. We are going crazy with stress. Thank you so much!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

It really depends on where you live in Michigan. The state does offer an emergency assistance program, which can help with emergency rent and housing costs. Most counties and cities also have local non-profit agencies and charities too, so you can try those. If she is working, even part time, that is good as usually aid is offered to people who are working and contributing to society. Anyway find the Michigan programs here, and select your local city and county from the list. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mic ... grams.html
Hitit wrote:I am 19 years old and from Michigan. I live in a three bedroom apartment with my mom and 12 year old daughter. Our father left us a couple years ago for another opportunity. The economy is tough in Michigan and my mom is struggling to pay our bills and make ends meet, while working as much as possible at the only job she could find. That job is part time, minimum wage and doesn't cut it. I've also desperately been looking in order to help but have been unsuccessful thus far. We can no longer afford our $1100 some dollar a month rent and planned to move to a smaller apartment that costs a few hundred per month less. Then our apartment complex told us they would charge a $3100 to break the lease, which we certainly cannot afford. Please try to find us help. It's the holidays and we're at our wits end here. We are going crazy with stress. Thank you so much!
cainjl

Post by cainjl »

I just posted a topic as well about needing help for rent. I found out last week I am pregnant with quadruplets, this has happened naturally and i did not use any fertility medication. I already have two boys and live in a two bedroom apartment. I was looking for something bigger but my OB has forced me to go on maternity leave from my employment until september. I now have no way to pay rent, buy any furniture for the babies, clothes, etc. I have absolutely no income. I went to FIA and they only approved me for $89 a month in food assistance called for an appointment at wic and I cant get in until feb. and it hurts that I cant find anyone out there who cares enough to help. I didnt ask to get pregnant with four babies, or to get put on maternity leave to where I cant afford to pay my bills. Things happen for a reason and all im looking for is temporary help until September when I am able to go back to work. There has to me some type of organization out there that can help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

How could you possibly not have any income. Doesn't everyone have to have something coming in the door, even if just unemployment. If you had quadruplets that does make things difficult. But still call around and ask for help and agencies. Find rental programs here in Michigan, and scroll midway down to find local programs by county and towns. They may have some temporary help for you...but usually not long term.
cainjl wrote:I just posted a topic as well about needing help for rent. I found out last week I am pregnant with quadruplets, this has happened naturally and i did not use any fertility medication. I already have two boys and live in a two bedroom apartment. I was looking for something bigger but my OB has forced me to go on maternity leave from my employment until september. I now have no way to pay rent, buy any furniture for the babies, clothes, etc. I have absolutely no income. I went to FIA and they only approved me for $89 a month in food assistance called for an appointment at wic and I cant get in until feb. and it hurts that I cant find anyone out there who cares enough to help. I didnt ask to get pregnant with four babies, or to get put on maternity leave to where I cant afford to pay my bills. Things happen for a reason and all im looking for is temporary help until September when I am able to go back to work. There has to me some type of organization out there that can help.
Martin10

Post by Martin10 »

I live in Michigan. My county is Tuscola. My rent runs out on December 31st of 2013. I work a very minimum wage job and am currently 8 months pregnant. I have a 2 year old daughter and after my rent is up I have no where to go. I’m currently living with my children’s father but is no longer working out. He’s not helping with bills or any other expenses and I have no idea what to do. I’ve contacted every agency around my area to help but no one has funding. I was wondering if you could refer anymore places.
Silverado

Post by Silverado »

I current have an apartment but I am being evicted. I have 2 children, 1 month and 1 year. My youngest just had major surgery because of a life threatening condition. My oldest has been diagnosed with autism. My husband works for Campbell. We have resided here for 11 months. Since the surgeries and appointments we exhausted everything we had to take care of our girls. Currently we owe $650 in back rent for April. Our eviction is set for Friday April 18, 2014. We do have Michigan FIP food stamps and employment but we need time to recover from these unexpected expenses. Please email me soon if possible. We need a miracle. All shelters are full and I don’t want my babies in the cold. Please someone help us.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

You are facing an eviction, and your landlord gave you notice? if so, then you may have options. Especially if you only need that one time aid of $650. As people who are generally stable or more likely to get some type of assistance for their rent if they will be back on track in the future. But shelters should never be ruled out. Anyway, find information on the agencies that can stop evictions in Michigan.
Berner Davis

Post by Berner Davis »

My young daughter and myself are on the brink of an eviction with no where to go in this soon to be harsh Michigan weather as well as lose our heat and electricity, and our telephone which is important because I have an asthmatic daughter and must have access to be able to dial for an emergency. Any, any help or direction, referrals would be a God send. I am unfamiliar with all of this and do not know where to begin. Thank you, for anything you can do. Sincerely,
Bfortune

Post by Bfortune »

I am a single parent of three children. I moved to Kalamazoo Michigan a year ago for a better life for my children. I was working three jobs as a home health aid. Home Health hasn't proven to be a steady job and I fell behind on my rent. I recently received a new job, but it hasn't started yet. My land lord is not willing to wait on my first check, and I understand him. I'm $1300 behind and I fear I'm about to be put out. I am truly a hard worker. I have worked all my life, I'm just having a hard time with this transition. Is there any information you can give me that will help?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It sounds like you are doing all the right steps in order to get rent help...that is impressive. When apply in Kalamazoo, tell them you have multiple jobs, are starting a new one, etc. That work ethic will definitely help your case, as agencies want people to be self-sufficient. So here is the list of agencies in Kalamazoo for rental assistance.
PSNC1

Post by PSNC1 »

I need help paying my rent ASAP. I live in my home in Michigan for 7 years. I really like where I live.
I have 3 cats, 3 turtles, a bird named P2 and fish. My mother just recently passed away and she was our back bone of our family and since she been gone it’s been really hard.
I've been applying for job everywhere and getting no luck. Its really frustrating. I have really no income. I'm on food-stamps already; that's a really big help. I just don't want to live in my car or the street with all my animals. Can you please help?
Kelly lynn

Post by Kelly lynn »

Hello, I live Grand Rapids, MI 49507
And I was wondering if there is any organization to help with rent.
My rent is $700. And I am a single mother with 3 children. I just caught up with July rent. I already paid $200 for August and September is near. School is also approaching for my nine year old daughter and I can’t afford her any school clothes. I just got a job three days ago. But I still can’t catch up. Please help.
Hyuandai

Post by Hyuandai »

Hello, I am looking for assistance with my rent to prevent my 2 year old child and myself from being evicted or with information about an agency that has funding. I have called multiple agencies and I am not getting any luck.
I have 3 days to get help and I am in desperate need of help/assistance. Please if you could please give me a call back. I live in Jackson MI.