Mortgage, pay off question.

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Mortgage, pay off question.

Post by Admin »

I think asking this question to the housing or credit counselor is your best bet. Here is the reply to a similar question you asked regarding financial matters/advice. Staff@needhelppayingbills.com
http://needhelppayingbills.com/helpwith ... =15&t=1730
Derick wrote:I have heard that if you pay one extra mortgage, payment per year you can pay off your loan 10 years early on a 25 year loan, regardless of how much the total loan amount is. Is this true?
bluegourami3
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Mortgage, pay off question.

Post by bluegourami3 »

Yes, it is true. You don't neccesarily have to pay the full amount in one lump sum as an extra. What you do, is take your mortgage payment, divide by 12 (months of year) and send this extra with each payment every month. I always send a seperate check and write on check TO BE APPLIED TO PRINCIPAL.
Then check with your mortgage lender to make sure it was applied correctly. As they seem not to deposit where you say, and then it sits out there in Miscellaneous until you get your next statement, which is a month away and you would be still accruing interest.