Find a food bank

State and local government assistance programs.
Bobbyt
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Find a food bank

Post by Bobbyt »

Hello!
I am a single mother of two children six in the half years old. I don't have a car. Winter is coming and I need to make shore my two children have food I don't know how I am to do. I am on the process divorce after 12 years marriage. I am a substitute of teacher. I work at least two or tree days a week and I walk to work for a couple of miles back and fourth each time when I need to work. If you can help , please, please help me. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Find a food bank

Post by Admin »

Be sure to get child support during divorce process. Some programs like 1800 charity cars can provide a car if you need it for work. Of course waiting lists and need to apply and meet conditions. As far as food, find details on food pantries by state, so select your state for churches, food banks, pantries, and other places to call for assistance.
Bobbyt wrote:Hello!
I am a single mother of two children six in the half years old. I don't have a car. Winter is coming and I need to make shore my two children have food I don't know how I am to do. I am on the process divorce after 12 years marriage. I am a substitute of teacher. I work at least two or tree days a week and I walk to work for a couple of miles back and fourth each time when I need to work. If you can help , please, please help me. Thank you
Thomas1

Post by Thomas1 »

I am trying to see if Iowa has any grants or assistance for me & my family. I am just getting directed from one website to another, and not making any progress in finding the help I need!! I am a stay at home mom, my husband is a high school math teacher, and we have a total of 3 kids. He was married once before, and had 1 children who have lived with us. All 3 of the kids are very young. We have food assistance, but it only gives us $285.00 a month to fall of us. We are looking for any type of aid, including food banks, that we either can pay off in the future, but mostly any grant or "free money" for our living expenses, bills, gas, and anything else that comes up. I would appreciate ANY HELP you can give me. Thanks so much.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, no wonder you have been looking for a while. If you are looking for free money, it doesn't exist. By the way, if you someone ever find some by after looking for year, please let us know as we want some too. Your time would be much better spent trying to find a job or gain a new skill. In the mean time, coming back to earth, find a realistic list of Iowa food banks and pantries. These exist, and may be able to help, if you are found to be qualified.

Thomas1 wrote:I am trying to see if Iowa has any grants or assistance for me & my family. I am just getting directed from one website to another, and not making any progress in finding the help I need!! I am a stay at home mom, my husband is a high school math teacher, and we have a total of 3 kids. He was married once before, and had 1 children who have lived with us. All 3 of the kids are very young. We have food assistance, but it only gives us $285.00 a month to fall of us. We are looking for any type of aid, including food banks, that we either can pay off in the future, but mostly any grant or "free money" for our living expenses, bills, gas, and anything else that comes up. I would appreciate ANY HELP you can give me. Thanks so much.
TerryCollins

Post by TerryCollins »

Hello,
I live in Fairfield CA in Solano County. I am currently unemployed (seeking employment) and in need of some help with paying for groceries. I have some help from family for other bills so my main concern is with finding information about food aid such as food stamps. I have been unemployed since August 2012. As I mentioned, I am currently seeking employment in my area however, due to the economy, the job seeking process is taking longer than I originally intended. Please let me know what options I have for my area and/or a phone number that I can call to apply for food aid. I can be reached any time via email. If a phone number is necessary for someone to contact me please email me with a request for my phone number and I will then give that information. Thank you very much for your time!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We have a number of food assistance programs listed for Solano County. Many of the sites will also have staff on location that can refer clients to job training or other programs. So if you use the main site to select your county and region, the phone numbers to pantries, public resources, and much more is listed there for California. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... banks.html
Daniels

Post by Daniels »

I need emergency food, rental and utility assistance! I am a victim of domestic violence and the aggressor is currently in jail for these crimes. He was controlling all of the finances and paying the bills. Where is a food bank or charity I can use? I now have to somehow stay afloat for me and my 17-month old daughter. She needs to be fed. What can I do?
PandaUpdate

Post by PandaUpdate »

We need Food. My sons and I have been evicted. My car runs but I have no gas to get anywhere. My boss let me go a couple of months ago and I have been so depressed because he got rid of me to hire his old office manager back because she wanted her job back and he felt sorry for her because she is a single mom of 3...so am I.
But I have a 24 year old, 18 year old and 6 year old so he figured I wasn't as bad off. I am desperate to find a free food bank. We have no food...Evicted Now and I Need Help Desperately. I’m not worried about myself...but I have 2 sons age 18 and 6 that are in need. Please. I am begging for someone to Help Us Please! God Bless.
Fritz Tylenda

Post by Fritz Tylenda »

Good Afternoon,
I am hoping that you can please help me with any information or assistance in regards to my financial situation and helping me find a food bank. I am a single mom of 3 and am actively looking for work. However haven't had much luck lately?
So now I have fallen behind on all my bills and need food from a food bank. I have bill collectors calling all the time, and have   Now even fallen behind on my loan for my car and now there trying to repo it and have just received a letter from DMV regarding getting insurance within 15 days otherwise they will suspend my license plate on my car.
I'm stressing like crazy trying to figure out how to pay everything, especially because I need my car to find and keep a job, and to transport my family when needed.
Please any assistance on being behind with rent, phone bill, car loan, and car insurance, I would be extremely. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

As far as food, there may be places in Texas you can try. Many free pantries. Case workers at these places may be able to help you with financial support as well, but food the Texas free food pantries.
Fritz Tylenda wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 6:10 pm Good Afternoon,
I am hoping that you can please help me with any information or assistance in regards to my financial situation and helping me find a food bank.