Restore my electric service

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
a9876
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Restore my electric service

Post by a9876 »

I Tucson, Az 85730. TEP crisis. I am struggling financialy to get my power restored, I owe a past due bill from over 5 years ago. I have been without electric for almost a month now. I work full time and my schedule doesn't allow any time to find assistance. I am pleading for any help I can get just to restore my electric, I should be able to make the monthly payments there after. I have a 4 year old daughter that visits me on the weeks but has not been able to because I have no electric, no heating/ cooling, no hot water and empty fridge. I am having a real harsh crisis and any help would be appreciated. Please contact me at my number leave a voice mail if I don't answer. the little money I have I have to use to pay my past due rent, I got my 5 day eviction notice today. Please help. Thank you for your time and God bless.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Restore my electric service

Post by Admin »

Tucson is in Pima County Arizona. Sadly many people in Arizona area struggling financially. The weak economy and housing crisis hit those states and part of the country a little harder than the rest of the nation. As far as restoring electric service, you do have some options and programs in the Tucson area. Agencies to try are here.
Try calling the Pima County Community Action Agency, which can be reached at 520-243-6688
Some other agencies to try for aid or just information include Green Valley Assistance Services Temporary Monetary Assistance Program (520) 625-5966
The Tucson Urban League is always a good place to call. Phone (520) 791-9522
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/pim ... ogram.html
a9876 wrote:I Tucson, Az 85730. TEP crisis. I am struggling financialy to get my power restored, I owe a past due bill from over 5 years ago. I have been without electric for almost a month now. I work full time and my schedule doesn't allow any time to find assistance. I am pleading for any help I can get just to restore my electric, I should be able to make the monthly payments there after. I have a 4 year old daughter that visits me on the weeks but has not been able to because I have no electric, no heating/ cooling, no hot water and empty fridge. I am having a real harsh crisis and any help would be appreciated. Please contact me at my number leave a voice mail if I don't answer. the little money I have I have to use to pay my past due rent, I got my 5 day eviction notice today. Please help. Thank you for your time and God bless.
Pueblo

Post by Pueblo »

I am only bringing in my short-term disability checks totally 184.27 a week. My rent is 350.00 a month. I also have utility bills to pay and food to provide for myself each month. My electric bill is 49.00 because I am on budget billing. My gas bill varies throughout the year. Higer in the winter and lower in the summer. I need to ensure I pay the electric bill to keep service on.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Food is most important. Food for you and your family, then worry about other bills, expenses, and debts. Almost every state has a food bank, pantry in towns throughout the state. Or places you can call for referrals. And of course you also have options like Angel Food Ministries, which can save you up to 50% on your groceries, and there is no cost to join Angel Food. Find more information on free food banks and pantries in your state. Then use the main site to get utility help too.
Pueblo wrote:I am only bringing in my short-term disability checks totally 184.27 a week. My rent is 350.00 a month. I also have utility bills to pay and food to provide for myself each month. My electric bill is 49.00 because I am on budget billing. My gas bill varies throughout the year. Higer in the winter and lower in the summer. I need to ensure I pay the electric bill to keep service on.
ShadowsAndDust

Post by ShadowsAndDust »

I am seeking information on how to get utility bill help I live in Council Bluffs, Iowa and my utility company has turned off my budget payment. They are threatening to turn off my heat and that will freeze us out. What can I do to prevent this? My wife is the only person that is working and I am very sick. I have been out of work and no one is hiring me. Who can help us pay our bills so we do not get our electric and heat turned off this winter and freeze? Thank you for any information you can provide.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We think two places on the main site may be most helpful for you. We have information on two options, one is from utility companies, and the other is agencies in your county.
Find a summary of Iowa utility assistance programs here. All of the major energy companies are listed.
More local programs for Pottawattamie County are here. On that link you can read about non-profits like West Central Community Action, and will find phone numbers and specifics on assistance programs administered.

ShadowsAndDust wrote:I am seeking information on how to get utility bill help I live in Council Bluffs, Iowa and my utility company has turned off my budget payment. They are threatening to turn off my heat and that will freeze us out. What can I do to prevent this? My wife is the only person that is working and I am very sick. I have been out of work and no one is hiring me. Who can help us pay our bills so we do not get our electric and heat turned off this winter and freeze? Thank you for any information you can provide.
Agricultural

Post by Agricultural »

I'm reaching out for help in behalf of my young niece who is 31 yrs of age with a young son and is 6 months pregnant. I found out last night that her and her young son has been residing in their one bedroom apt without any electricity or food. Like anyone who is a human being I was hurt because no one should have to live in these condition (children) and not have the opportunity as well as everyone else to a decent living. I have been combing the internet trying to find some type of assistance for her being as though she is on some level of being mentally incapacitated. If there is any resources that you could assistance us with it would make a world of a difference to the child. Being as though the giving holiday season is upon us. It would be deeply appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

try calling your local community action agency. They may have emergency funds for utilities, and access to special programs for disabled or those with mental illness. They may also know of some low income, yet safe and affordable housing solutions too. Programs are noted here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/com ... gency.html
Agricultural wrote:I'm reaching out for help in behalf of my young niece who is 31 yrs of age with a young son and is 6 months pregnant. I found out last night that her and her young son has been residing in their one bedroom apt without any electricity or food. Like anyone who is a human being I was hurt because no one should have to live in these condition (children) and not have the opportunity as well as everyone else to a decent living. I have been combing the internet trying to find some type of assistance for her being as though she is on some level of being mentally incapacitated. If there is any resources that you could assistance us with it would make a world of a difference to the child. Being as though the giving holiday season is upon us. It would be deeply appreciated.
Beagie

Post by Beagie »

Having difficulty paying electric bill. Paid half of the bill but does not have the money to pay the rest. My partner has not had more than 3 weeks of work since early December we are struggling and need some help. We also have a 6 year old daughter. We need our power.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Hello I currently have a shut off notice from my electric company shutting my electric off on October 16. Make very little income and have a fiance and 3 children I need assistance. Please contact me and let me know options I am really strapped. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Unfortunately you did not provide the state or some other more specific information that we need in order to give you a helpful reply. So you may want to try looking into electric assistance from the main resource on the site. It includes everything from discounts to grants for paying utility bills, and the information is here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... bills.html
Ashley45

Post by Ashley45 »

I need help get my electric services back on. I have a child in the home with a chronic asthma that require electricity because she uses a nebulizer machine. I just found out someone had been using my identity that accumulated to have my services turned off. I went to all resources and didn't get any help so now I'm struggling to pay this large amount to get my services back on....please help me.....
Declines

Post by Declines »

Hello, my name is Lauren and my finance and our children and I are currently without electric and need to get it restored. We hit a massive hardship as my finance works in construction and between holidays and weather here in Florida, we've almost lost everything. Our landlord gave us a notice if we don't have rent this coming Friday we are to be evicted and our lights were disconnected this morning. My finance will get his very first check since hardship this Friday but we need to give it all to keep our house for our kids. We have three children that live with us and the youngest is 5.
I'm sitting at a business using their Wi-Fi to email this to you in a desperate attempt to find any kind of help to restore the electric service. Catholic charities here paid our rent for November so they cannot help us with our electric utilities because of that. We don't have cellphones anymore because we couldn't pay the bills. But I can access Wi-Fi and use a Wi-Fi___33 calling and texting app to call and such. So, I can be reached at this email I'm sending this from. Thank you for taking the time to read my email and God Bless!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

if you need Wi-Fi, there is free internet help. That will allow your kids to continue to go to school, learn, and educate themselves.
Declines wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:59 am My finance will get his very first check since hardship this Friday but we need to give it all to keep our house for our kids. We have three children that live with us and the youngest is 5.
I'm sitting at a business using their Wi-Fi to email this to you in a desperate attempt to find any kind of help to restore the electric service.
Sterling S

Post by Sterling S »

Good morning,
 I just moved to Tucson and need to restore my electric service. I am 67 and I had to move from an abusive relationship, and so I arrived with no furniture or kitchen equipment.
Is there any way you can help me get a kitchen table and chairs, various side or end tables, and a coffee table? Pots, pans, utensils and plates.?
Further I would like to find out where food pantries are in my area as I restore my electric. I am at Tucson Arizona, 85712. I have a car but can't transfer furniture.
Thank you for your kindness in advance.