Emergency Electric Bill Help

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Kelly Wright
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Emergency Electric Bill Help

Post by Kelly Wright »

Hello, my name is Kelly and I am a 30 yr old single mother of two. I am currently finishing up school at Delgado Community College, and I've been working a part time job, but I am severly backed up on my utility bill and rent. I am about to have my electricity turned off and facing possible eviction. I am in a severe crisis. I need help. I have been applying anywhere and everywhere for a job, but the holidays are here and I really don't want my children to suffer through my struggles. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Emergency Electric Bill Help

Post by Admin »

What state, count etc. I need more info. Without having that use this link to find programs in your state and county
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
Kelly Wright wrote:Hello, my name is Kelly and I am a 30 yr old single mother of two. I am currently finishing up school at Delgado Community College, and I've been working a part time job, but I am severly backed up on my utility bill and rent. I am about to have my electricity turned off and facing possible eviction. I am in a severe crisis. I need help. I have been applying anywhere and everywhere for a job, but the holidays are here and I really don't want my children to suffer through my struggles. Please help.
Pat19

Post by Pat19 »

im trying to get energy assistants for my gas and electric bill. On january 10th 6am i was walking from my house to get to my car to go to work when i slip on black ice and ended up dislocating my ankle and fractured three bone in my ankle. at this point i am no longer able to work i had surgery and now im waiting for dissablitiy to start i will be out of work for at least 4to 6 weeks i have exhausted all of my funds i called my gas and electric company and explained my problem they gave me several numbers to call but i can't seem to get through to any of them i need help i trying to solve this problem im asking for your help. my e-mail address is and i live in the state of New Jersey
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The Gloucester NJ area has some places for electric bill help. I would think especially if you are hurt, have a medical issue like a broken ankle, or some other condition then you may be able to get help for those bills. Try places like the New Jersey Tri-County Community Action Partnership, which has a phone number of (856) 451-6330. Or is that one of the numbers you have called? Another place can be Legal Services of New Jersey (LSNJ) for legal advice. Phone 856-964-2010
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/glo ... nce_p.html
Pat19 wrote:im trying to get energy assistants for my gas and electric bill. On january 10th 6am i was walking from my house to get to my car to go to work when i slip on black ice and ended up dislocating my ankle and fractured three bone in my ankle. at this point i am no longer able to work i had surgery and now im waiting for dissablitiy to start i will be out of work for at least 4to 6 weeks i have exhausted all of my funds i called my gas and electric company and explained my problem they gave me several numbers to call but i can't seem to get through to any of them i need help i trying to solve this problem im asking for your help. my e-mail address is and i live in the state of New Jersey
FosterB

Post by FosterB »

I need help paying for my electric bill, it has been disconnected and they will not turn it back on until I pay the amount in full and due to the fact that I just moved here from New Hampshire I am still paying my bills in NH and down in FL because I did not want to break my lease back in NH. I have not energy and need my electric turned back on as soon as possible and FPL will not help me out at all.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Find an extensive listing of energy and heating bill assistance programs for New Hampshire. Various agencies, non-profits, and programs are provided by energy companies, gas companies, and other sources. More on energy bill assistance in New Hampshire. Try places or programs like the New Hampshire statewide Neighbors Helping Neighbors program. KeySpan Energy Delivery also runs an emergency financial assistance as well as a weatherization programs to help people save money and reduce the amount of their income paid towards energy bills.
FosterB wrote:I need help paying for my electric bill, it has been disconnected and they will not turn it back on until I pay the amount in full and due to the fact that I just moved here from New Hampshire I am still paying my bills in NH and down in FL because I did not want to break my lease back in NH. I have not energy and need my electric turned back on as soon as possible and FPL will not help me out at all.
Ted901

Post by Ted901 »

To whom it may concern,
I was currently laid off in early 2011. Currently I have again gotten behind on my FPL and Verizon home phone bill. My Verizon is currently shut off and my FPL will soon be disconnected as of the first week of Sept. I actually had the funds to pay the bills, but my parents came from Ohio to visit my family on Aug 9th and upon arrival my father was admitted to emergency and now he is in ICU in a Miami hospital. The exhausted all of my funds to support my father whom is in critical condition. My entire family lives in South Carolina, so I am the only support he has at this time here in Florida. He is still in the Miami Dade hospital in the local city at this time. Anything you can do will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

So it looks like you are looking for help in both South Carolina and Florida? If so, use this resource for information on utility assistance in both states. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ene ... tance.html It is best you call the local utility company, such as Florida Power and Light or Duke Energy in South Carolina and ask for what types of financial assistance they offer. For example we know that a big program in SC is known as the Project Good Neighbor fund which can be called at 803-268-4050. Many are created from public or private donations, but you should call around for aid.
Ted901 wrote:To whom it may concern,
I was currently laid off in early 2011. Currently I have again gotten behind on my FPL and Verizon home phone bill. My Verizon is currently shut off and my FPL will soon be disconnected as of the first week of Sept. I actually had the funds to pay the bills, but my parents came from Ohio to visit my family on Aug 9th and upon arrival my father was admitted to emergency and now he is in ICU in a Miami hospital. The exhausted all of my funds to support my father whom is in critical condition. My entire family lives in South Carolina, so I am the only support he has at this time here in Florida. He is still in the Miami Dade hospital in the local city at this time. Anything you can do will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,
Doglover

Post by Doglover »

Hi, I am contacting you to see if you may be able to help me with my past due utility bill. I haven't had utilities on with Knoxville Utility Board since 2006 due to living in Clinton, TN. I owe a past due utility bill of $500 and as a result KUB will not allow me to turn my power on until I pay this! I also have to pay a $200 electric deposit to have to power turned on. I need as much help as I can find to help pay this as soon as possible. I am living in my place without any utilities now and I have no way to cook or shower! I don't know what to do and I am begging for help with this! If there is anything at all you can do I will greatly appreciate this! I do not have access to any computer except here at work so it would be better to call and leave me a message for contact. Thank you in advance for any and all help you can give me
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, there are options for paying a deposit as well as regular utility bill. $200 does seem kind of steep, so why so much. Also look into staying with a friend until power gets turned on. Other utility assistance programs and resources in Tennessee are available for deposits and other expenses you may incur, so look into all options, such as Project Help which is offered by KUD,
Doglover wrote:Hi, I am contacting you to see if you may be able to help me with my past due utility bill. I haven't had utilities on with Knoxville Utility Board since 2006 due to living in Clinton, TN. I owe a past due utility bill of $500 and as a result KUB will not allow me to turn my power on until I pay this! I also have to pay a $200 electric deposit to have to power turned on. I need as much help as I can find to help pay this as soon as possible. I am living in my place without any utilities now and I have no way to cook or shower! I don't know what to do and I am begging for help with this! If there is anything at all you can do I will greatly appreciate this! I do not have access to any computer except here at work so it would be better to call and leave me a message for contact. Thank you in advance for any and all help you can give me
Snowball

Post by Snowball »

I am a father of 5 and I need help to pay my electrical bill, I live in Cape Coral, FL 33993. My Local Electrical Company will shut off my service on the 10th of this month if do not pay my bill and I don't have the money,please I need help and information and how to apply or to get help before I get disconnected. I am working part time but am really struggling for help with bills. I'm a Low Income family Father that really is struggling and how to make it,please help me and guide and how to get help. I really appreciate any help,thanks,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We do not provide cash assistance, but we do offer information on the various programs available for you. We usually recommend talking to your utility company for financial aid. Who is your utility company in Florida? If you provide that we can give you more advice. In the meantime, find listing of utility assistance in Florida and all the resources available.
Snowball wrote:I am a father of 5 and I need help to pay my electrical bill, I live in Cape Coral, FL 33993. My Local Electrical Company will shut off my service on the 10th of this month if do not pay my bill and I don't have the money,please I need help and information and how to apply or to get help before I get disconnected. I am working part time but am really struggling for help with bills. I'm a Low Income family Father that really is struggling and how to make it,please help me and guide and how to get help. I really appreciate any help,thanks,
AIGDirect

Post by AIGDirect »

I got help through Liheap and Citizens here in Massachusetts. My family is having a rough time. My husband is terminally ill-we deal with that every day.But money is in short supply after bills. Our fuel oil is for heat ,but also for heating the water and right now we are out. I need help. The electric may be getting close to be shut off. Do you know anyone that can help us one more time. Thank you
GTerese

Post by GTerese »

I need help with my electric bill. I have a permanent P.F.A. on my husband and he has contacted Penelec to shut off my electric since it was in his name. However, I have very bad credit and they are requiring a $300 which I do not have any money at all. I am unable to sell any marital property due to a court order, and do not have any other resources like family to borrow from because I am an only child and my parents are deceased. I only have 10 days before my electric gets shut off. There is also a past due balance of $935 that needs to be paid and they said that I am held responsible for it since I am "benefiting" from their service. But this past due balance occurred while my husband had been still living in the home. Is there anything that can help me with this balance? I did apply online for energy assistance with COMPASS on 3/13/13. I'd appreciate any info I can get please.
cat1

Post by cat1 »

My ex husband left the country without leaving the promised funds to pay the bills he is required to pay. I still have a minor child at home, and our electricity will be shut off Monday. I am due a tax refund, but it is taking time, in part, I hear, due to the fiscal cliff. I just need a loan of $200 until the refund comes in to stop our utilities from being shut off. Please, I live in Oregon. I have nowhere else to turn.