***I need help for an elderly man that I don't know***

Anything else you may need or want to discuss?
NHPB has many programs listed, and for general help try the search feature.
ohrandy777
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

***I need help for an elderly man that I don't know***

Post by ohrandy777 »

I met an 80 year old man that lives in Mesa, AZ by McKellips & Mesa Drive that appears to be having serious problems with bed bugs at home. He has bites all over his arms, back, and stomache and I need to know if there is anyone out there that is willing to be able to treat the inside of this mans home in order to kill these insects, and even possibly replace his mattress. He said it is driving him crazy because they hurt when they bite. He has nobody. I live by Lake Pleasant and just happened to be in a Walmart where I met this old boy. He is so nice, has Alzheimer's disease but is the sweetest old guy that you could ever meet. You come up with the resources and I will come up with a name and address so he can be taken care of. I know people that work at the Walmart that he goes to almost daily and they can get the information for me. PLEASE HELP.
Last edited by ohrandy777 on Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: ***I need help for an elderly man that I don't know***

Post by Admin »

We have asked around and we have never had a request like this before. We would not know who to call, but we can give you phone numbers and names of agencies in Mesa Arizona and Maricopa County. You, or the gentleman, will need to call around of course. Find the Maricopa assistance programs here. We have dozens of agencies, and follow the links to food pantries, clinics, and other organizations.
ohrandy777 wrote:I met an 80 year old man that lives in Mesa, AZ by McKellips & Mesa Drive that appears to be having serious problems with bed bugs at home. He has bites all over his arms, back, and stomache and I need to know if there is anyone out there that is willing to be able to treat the inside of this mans home in order to kill these insects, and even possibly replace his matress. He said it is driving him crazy because they hurt when they bite. He has nobody. I live by Lake Pleasant and just happened to be in a Walmart where I met this old boy. He is so nice, has Alzheimer's disease but is the sweetest old guy that you could ever meet. You come up with the resources and I will come up with a name and address so he can be taken care of. I know people that work at the Walmart that he goes to almost daily and they can get the information for me. PLEASE HELP.
ohrandy777

Post by ohrandy777 »

I will do what I can. I am thinking that this old guy is all alone and just needs someone to help. We have all of these outreach programs out there, charity programs, help boards...........This 80 year old man probably isn't anything unusual. Hardly enough money to get by every day and should be in an assisted living home I'm sure, but we tend to turn our backs and ignore, or we see programs on TV to raise money to send to other countries like Africa or Hades, where the money goes straight to that Government and not the people in need after of course the corporate salaries for the charity organizations take 90% off of the top. Why do we turn our backs or simply pass the problem on to the next onlooker? I have lived here all of my life and see that we turn our back on our own people but will raise money for an animals and animal shelter which seems to have more importance than human lives. 80 years old. What stories this old man probaly has, but turning our back is something unacceptable and sadening. I would think 80 years would earn some respect and a little dignity with the time that he still has left. Just a little help shouldn't be much to ask for.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

We agree, and that is why we provide information, resources, etc. Great you are looking out for others. Good luck. Also really explore the main site http://needhelppayingbills.com as we have thousands of agencies listed there for all different types of needs.
ohrandy777 wrote:I will do what I can. I am thinking that this old guy is all alone and just needs someone to help. We have all of these outreach programs out there, charity programs, help boards...........This 80 year old man probably isn't anything unusual. Hardly enough money to get by every day and should be in an assisted living home I'm sure, but we tend to turn our backs and ignore, or we see programs on TV to raise money to send to other countries like Africa or Hades, where the money goes straight to that Government and not the people in need after of course the corporate salaries for the charity organizations take 90% off of the top. Why do we turn our backs or simply pass the problem on to the next onlooker? I have lived here all of my life and see that we turn our back on our own people but will raise money for an animals and animal shelter which seems to have more importance than human lives. 80 years old. What stories this old man probaly has, but turning our back is something unacceptable and sadening. I would think 80 years would earn some respect and a little dignity with the time that he still has left. Just a little help shouldn't be much to ask for.