Churches can't help

Help with paying utility and heating bills assistance
Laz
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Churches can't help

Post by Laz »

Hello,
I have called all the churches in my area for assistance with my electric bill, no one seems to have the funds to provide help. I can not come up with the funds by the disconnection date on my own. Please if you know of any assistance programs or other options I have besides churches that maybe able to help, I would greatly appreciate it if you would get back to me. My bill is due before April 24, 2011 or they will disconnect. How is someone suppose to get by without power?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Churches can't help

Post by Admin »

Yes, churches are a good place to call for utility help. Other options are also out there in Mississippi too. For example, one of the main energy companies out there, which is Columbus Light & Water, offers the share one assistance program. This can provide emergency financial support and disconnection assistance. Mississippi Power is another big provider, and they offer the low income and customers the Project Share assistance program. The amount of support out there is tremendous. Call your church, local charities, and utility companies.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/mis ... nergy.html
Adamslaw

Post by Adamslaw »

HELLO, NEARLY 2 YRS AGO MY HUSBAND WAS DEPORTED LEAVEING ME WITH OUR 6 MNTH OLD AND OUR 4 YR OLD SONS. IVE LOST SEVERAL JOBS DUE TO MY FIBROMALGIA. I CANT SEEM TO GET HELP..OUR ROOF IS GOING TO CAVE IN SOON, ESPECIALLY THIS WINTER AND I FEAR FOR MY CHILDREN'S SAFETY DAILY. GETTING FOOD ON THE TABLE HAS BEEN A STRUGGLE. OUR CHURCH HAS NOT BEEN VERY HELPFUL. OUR HEAT BILL IS TO HIGH FROM IT GOING OUT THE WINDOWS. WE HAVE AT LEAST 2 INCHES OF SNOW THAT COMES INSIDE ON THE WINDOWS. MY CHILD NOW HAS HOLES IN HIS SHOES AND IT BREAKS MY HEART THAT I CANT GET HIM A NEW PAIR. MY HUSBAND WAS OUR INCOME. MY HUSBAND COMPLETELY MESSED UP MY CREDIT AND RECEIVING HELP HAS BEEN ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE. AS A MOTHER I WILL NOT STOP TRYING..I JUST GOT TO A POINT WHERE I NEED TO ASK FOR HELP. I NOW BABYSIT FOR $400.00 A MONTH ONLY..IM IN PIECES JUST THINKING ABOUT HOW THEIR CHRISTMAS WILL BE. MY OLDEST HAD TOLD MY YOUNGEST THAT SANTAS NOT COMING THIS YR. HE THEN RAN OUT TO ME WITH HIS TEARY EYES AND ASKED IF SANTAS COMING. I TOLD HIM YES. IM PRAYING AND NOW BEGGING FOR ASSISTANCE. NOT FOR LONG, JUST TO GET ON MY FEET.IN MY HOME NO BLESSING GOES UNNOTICED. I AM VERY BLESSED FOR WHAT I DO HAVE, AND TO HAVE MY BABIES HEALTHY, MAKES ME A VERY BLESSED AND THANKFUL MOTHER..THANK YOU!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

This is a tough time of year with cold weather coming, and the federal heating programs are in the midst of cutbacks. You can find ways to get help with heating bills in Vermont, and we also have locations of pantries and other government utility programs for you. Don't worry about Christmas until you get ahead on other needs, like food and heating oil. Then, and only then, even consider holiday gifts.
Adamslaw wrote:HELLO, NEARLY 2 YRS AGO MY HUSBAND WAS DEPORTED LEAVING ME WITH OUR 6 MONTH OLD AND OUR 4 YR OLD SONS. IVE LOST SEVERAL JOBS DUE TO MY FIBROMALGIA. I CANT SEEM TO GET HELP..OUR ROOF IS GOING TO CAVE IN SOON, ESPECIALLY THIS WINTER AND I FEAR FOR MY CHILDREN'S SAFETY DAILY. GETTING FOOD ON THE TABLE HAS BEEN A STRUGGLE. OUR CHURCH HAS NOT BEEN VERY HELPFUL. OUR HEAT BILL IS TO HIGH FROM IT GOING OUT THE WINDOWS. WE HAVE AT LEAST 2 INCHES OF SNOW THAT COMES INSIDE ON THE WINDOWS. MY CHILD NOW HAS HOLES IN HIS SHOES AND IT BREAKS MY HEART THAT I CANT GET HIM A NEW PAIR. MY HUSBAND WAS OUR INCOME. MY HUSBAND COMPLETELY MESSED UP MY CREDIT AND RECEIVING HELP HAS BEEN ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE. AS A MOTHER I WILL NOT STOP TRYING..I JUST GOT TO A POINT WHERE I NEED TO ASK FOR HELP. I NOW BABYSIT FOR $400.00 A MONTH ONLY..IM IN PIECES JUST THINKING ABOUT HOW THEIR CHRISTMAS WILL BE. MY OLDEST HAD TOLD MY YOUNGEST THAT SANTAS NOT COMING THIS YR. HE THEN RAN OUT TO ME WITH HIS TEARY EYES AND ASKED IF SANTAS COMING. I TOLD HIM YES. IM PRAYING AND NOW BEGGING FOR ASSISTANCE. NOT FOR LONG, JUST TO GET ON MY FEET.IN MY HOME NO BLESSING GOES UNNOTICED. I AM VERY BLESSED FOR WHAT I DO HAVE, AND TO HAVE MY BABIES HEALTHY, MAKES ME A VERY BLESSED AND THANKFUL MOTHER..THANK YOU!
Odilla

Post by Odilla »

I am on disability due to cancer. I am unable to speak. My husband passed away March of this year and had no insurance. I am trying to catch up on bills, I will be moving to a cheaper apartment next month because I can't pay the bills at current apartment.
I am trying to keep up with bills and pay gas money to the person I have giving me rides to my Doctor appointments, to grocery store, to pharmacy and physical therapy after my knee surgery. I just need help paying my Alliant energy bill, that is $75.00 and my water bill that is 117.00.
If I can just have help catching up and getting them paid then I should be OK after that because I'm moving into a cheaper apartment. I live in Olin Iowa which is Jones County. My rent is 375.00 plus utilities and my only income is disability. I need help from the church before I move in order to have water and electric for apartment I will be moving into.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Churches may have some of what you need. Maybe a volunteer can drive you to the doctor, or they may have small dollars amounts of financial aid for utility bills and more. But as far as that long list of needs, maybe they can help with other things. As churches often give priority to widows and people with an illness, such as cancer. So try these resources to get help with electric bills from churches.