Financial Assistance for Real Estate Agent

State and local government assistance programs.
jrm57
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Financial Assistance for Real Estate Agent

Post by jrm57 »

When I was divorced in 2009 it was agreed upon in court our home was to be sold(we both were to decide on the selling price) and profits split. During that time I had a legal aid lawyer and was not pleased with the ending results. Therefore I have chosen to represent myself in court to resolve the decision that was made since my ex-husband refuses to abide the courts decision. I am in need of financial assistance to help pay for a Real Estate Agent to appraise the property. My ex-husband has taken it upon himself to decide the value of property on his own without involving me. He has set the value so high no one will pay his asking price. He has admitted to me laughing that his attentions were to set it high so it wouldn't be sold. I reside in St Clair County Illinois. My only income is SSD that is less than $750 a month, and cannot afford to pay a Real Estate Agent to appraise the property.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Financial Assistance for Real Estate Agent

Post by Admin »

Can you try another legal aid lawyer? We do not know of any programs that will pay a real estate owner to asses a home price. That being said, try your local town assessor. They should already have an assessment on file. You may want to follow a similar process as if you were challenging property taxes. In those cases you can get an assessment, go in front of tax board, etc. Anyway here is some info on property taxes and it will reference assessments too.
jrm57 wrote:When I was divorced in 2009 it was agreed upon in court our home was to be sold(we both were to decide on the selling price) and profits split. During that time I had a legal aid lawyer and was not pleased with the ending results. Therefore I have chosen to represent myself in court to resolve the decision that was made since my ex-husband refuses to abide the courts decision. I am in need of financial assistance to help pay for a Real Estate Agent to appraise the property. My ex-husband has taken it upon himself to decide the value of property on his own without involving me. He has set the value so high no one will pay his asking price. He has admitted to me laughing that his attentions were to set it high so it wouldn't be sold. I reside in St Clair County Illinois. My only income is SSD that is less than $750 a month, and cannot afford to pay a Real Estate Agent to appraise the property.
jrm57

Re: Financial Assistance for Real Estate Agent

Post by jrm57 »

Thank you so much for the information. I will try and use that information, and I sure hope that it will be accepted in court when I go.