State of Georgia Assistance Programs

State and local government assistance programs.
carmasdestiny
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

State of Georgia Assistance Programs

Post by carmasdestiny »

Please assist with current assistance programs for Utility (GA Power), Gas (Gas South) and Water bills please
helper

Re: State of Georgia Assistance Programs

Post by helper »

If you need help for water, utility, heating, and cooling bills in Georgia, here is a good resource. There are also rent and housing programs and information here as well. This will lnk you into Goergia community action agencies and more.
http://www.hud.gov/local/ga/renting/energyprgms.cfm
jMacdouglas1

State of Georgia Disabled Assistance Programs

Post by jMacdouglas1 »

I live in Georgia (Atlanta) and my ex-husband is in need of assistance. he is 47, disabled from 5 back surgeries, has emphazema, lives alone in an apartment on a fixed income. Most of his family is gone and he will not ask for help. He recently could not afford his rent this month and is being told to pay or move out (by this Friday) He only owes July rent. I am trying to help him find assistance with food stamps and rent and utilities. Can you help us in anyway. I have helped hime with many bills and obligations as well and an unable to help at this time. We are looking for some charities for temporary help. Please email myself. Thanks you for your help
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: State of Georgia Disabled Assistance Programs

Post by Admin »

Atlanta and Fulton County Georgia have various assistance programs, non-profits and other charities. Try the Fulton Atlanta Community Action Authority phone number 404.320.0166. Another Atlanta Georgia agency to try is the North Fulton Community Charities (770) 640-0399. Catholic Charities also has various programs, including even mortgage and utility bill programs, and their number is 770-790-3112. try one of these different contacts.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... progr.html
jMacdouglas1 wrote:I live in Georgia (Atlanta) and my ex-husband is in need of assistance. he is 47, disabled from 5 back surgeries, has emphazema, lives alone in an apartment on a fixed income. Most of his family is gone and he will not ask for help. He recently could not afford his rent this month and is being told to pay or move out (by this Friday) He only owes July rent. I am trying to help him find assistance with food stamps and rent and utilities. Can you help us in anyway. I have helped hime with many bills and obligations as well and an unable to help at this time. We are looking for some charities for temporary help. Please email myself. Thanks you for your help
Mikey1

Georgia Water Bill Assistance Programs

Post by Mikey1 »

Hello,
I'm in need of help with an outstanding water bill that I received from the City of Atlanta Department of Watershed Management. I do not think the water bill is valid. I moved in my place of residence on December 5, 2009. I applied for water service at the time that I moved in. Service was not established until June of 2010 (this year/ six months later). I had been down to the City Hall on three occasions before I finally received a bill. Now I'm faced with paying a bill that is a few dollars shy of nine hundred bucks that I, honestly, cannot afford. I'm a single- parent of four. If you can help my family with this bill, it would be a blessing. I reside in the state of Georgia. Thanks for your time and concern!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Georgia Water Bill Assistance Programs

Post by Admin »

Water bills are a little harder to get help with paying. Many cities and water companies just do not have the same number of options or assistance programs. Try this resource for info on Atlanta assistance programs, as well as Fulton County Georgia.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Mikey1 wrote:Hello,
I'm in need of help with an outstanding water bill that I received from the City of Atlanta Department of Watershed Management. I do not think the water bill is valid. I moved in my place of residence on December 5, 2009. I applied for water service at the time that I moved in. Service was not established until June of 2010 (this year/ six months later). I had been down to the City Hall on three occasions before I finally received a bill. Now I'm faced with paying a bill that is a few dollars shy of nine hundred bucks that I, honestly, cannot afford. I'm a single- parent of four. If you can help my family with this bill, it would be a blessing. I reside in the state of Georgia. Thanks for your time and concern!
March

Post by March »

i live in greensboro ga and there is little help with assisting us with any type of financial help. i myself need help with my light bill as soon as possible i need to pay them 300 dollars by friday which i do not have because i was fired in August from my job of 6 years. To top it off i have to go to the hospital on next wednesday (8/27) to have my baby and my biggest fear is coming home to no electricity. Can someone please help me with this situation i worry myself to death about this ever day even though i know that i have to have Faith and know that God will see me through.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are numerous programs in Greene County and Georgia that can provide help with energy bills. While getting $300 in a couple days may be tough as I think you waited too late, you need to act now. There is a Energy Crisis Program which may help with disconnections and other options that you may have.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
March wrote:i live in greensboro ga and there is little help with assisting us with any type of financial help. i myself need help with my light bill as soon as possible i need to pay them 300 dollars by friday which i do not have because i was fired in August from my job of 6 years. To top it off i have to go to the hospital on next wednesday (8/27) to have my baby and my biggest fear is coming home to no electricity. Can someone please help me with this situation i worry myself to death about this ever day even though i know that i have to have Faith and know that God will see me through.
Bamafan

Post by Bamafan »

Hi. I need assistance badly I have 5 boys & wife. We moved here to Florida expecting work quickly didn't happen, I'm 2 months behind on my rent, electric, gas, water, telephone, car payments, I just recently got a job. We need so help, we have no refrigerator, our stove barely works, we have food in coolers to keep cold please we need some help to at least get on our feet. Please our kids will not have a Christmas this year.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Good news is that there are many government assistance programs, charities, and non-profits to call in Fulton County Georgia. Many will require notice, and have limited funds, so being two months behind is kind of far. Anyway find the Fulton County Georgia assistance programs and places to call for help.
Bamafan wrote:Hi. I need assistance badly I have 5 boys & wife. We moved here to Florida expecting work quickly didn't happen, I'm 2 months behind on my rent, electric, gas, water, telephone, car payments, I just recently got a job. We need so help, we have no refrigerator, our stove barely works, we have food in coolers to keep cold please we need some help to at least get on our feet. Please our kids will not have a Christmas this year.
Mobile1

Post by Mobile1 »

Needing any type of help I can get...financially struggling...in the last 4 months my husband and I have been struggling to keep up on bills due to a brain aneurism in the family, a back surgery of a family member, whom we have been taking care of both of them, also taking on the responsibility of my husband’s 15 year old brother who is now a college student, along with our own two children. We live in Columbus, and now my husband is facing back surgery and I will soon be the only person with a job to support us all....we try to get ahead and continue to fall further and further behind....tired of struggling with paying bills and putting food on the table...please help us...god bless.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sorry to hear about the husband. Is that Columbia Georgia? For food, try a pantry in the region. The person with the back surgery, why are you taking care of them if you can't feed yourself? Maybe try a caregiver for them, which Medicaid may pay for. And look into other government programs as well in Columbia, which can be found here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _pro3.html
Verlanders

Post by Verlanders »

Hello, I have recently lost my job and I am without funds to pay my Georgia power bill and rent. I am a single parent and don't have help. I was trying to find someone who could help me until I can get back on my feet. Wasn't sure how to get assistance with these things. Thanks again.
aura

Post by aura »

Good morning,
I'm in need of help. I currently have been unemployed for over a month. I have been looking for work and have not been successful. I live in the state of Georgia. I can't pay rent or other bills. Can you please guide me in the right direction to get assistance with paying my bills?
Bernard1

Post by Bernard1 »

Please send me any and all information on getting help with paying utility bills, rent, and possibly getting help with security deposits for a new place to live and securing utilities and rent in another place if we lose this one. I have applied for assistance through my local family connections office in Lincoln GA and they have stated that project share has approved a payment of my electric bill. The pledge was received by GA power on 3/27/16 and the voucher expires on 4/25/16. I have monitored my bill and no payment has been made yet. A payment arrangement was made to avoid interruption of service. I asked that the arrangement be made for the amount of the pledge, 550.27, on the date set (4/27). When I checked my account online, I saw that the payment arrangement was set for the full amount of 706.00 on 4/25. If no payment is made by this date, my electric will be shut off even though a pledge was made by family connections in conjunction with project share for the amount of 550.27 to avoid service interruption. I would like to know why the payment has not been made, why we have received no communication from project share, and how anyone can help us at this point?
I would also like information on getting free medical care as I do not qualify for Medicaid but require chronic medical attention for seizures and bipolar disorder and have no medical insurance. I have lost my car and did work from home but now can't go to the job I have been offered because I have no transportation. I am a licensed professional and want to work but I am in a vicious cycle. Please help me get back on my feet. The utility bill is under in GA power. We desperately want to contribute and become able to support ourselves again!!
Thank you so very much.