Assistance or grants to relocate

State and local government assistance programs.
Sylvia
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Assistance or grants to relocate

Post by Sylvia »

I would like to thank you in advance for your time regarding my question. I am going to make my long story as short as possible. I am a father of 3 boys, I was laid off in August as a Swimming Professional which I had been doing for over 12 years at the same club. I was completely blind sided by them letting me go and have struggled to find a job. I owned my own house which is now going into a "short sale or foreclosure" due to my unemployment. I have been looking for a job and would really like to move to the Raleigh area. I am very confident I can restart my career there and need to get out of Georgia as it is impossible to find work. My question to you is I am looking for apartments to rent and I am very concerned because of my low credit score that I will not be able to get in anywhere. Is there any assistance that your company may offer to new residents for moving? Thank you very much for your time and help. If you can give me any advice as well I would greatly appreciate it.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Assistance or grants to relocate

Post by Admin »

We provide information, not cash assistance or loans. So to that effect, find your Raleigh NC assistance programs and agencies. Ask them if they offer rent assistance or funds for paying security deposits. Call places like the Wake County Catholic Charities Emergency Financial Assistance at (919) 821-9752, and other charities in Raleigh are listed too.
Sylvia wrote:I would like to thank you in advance for your time regarding my question. I am going to make my long story as short as possible. I am a father of 3 boys, I was laid off in August as a Swimming Professional which I had been doing for over 12 years at the same club. I was completely blind sided by them letting me go and have struggled to find a job. I owned my own house which is now going into a "short sale or foreclosure" due to my unemployment. I have been looking for a job and would really like to move to the Raleigh area. I am very confident I can restart my career there and need to get out of Georgia as it is impossible to find work. My question to you is I am looking for apartments to rent and I am very concerned because of my low credit score that I will not be able to get in anywhere. Is there any assistance that your company may offer to new residents for moving? Thank you very much for your time and help. If you can give me any advice as well I would greatly appreciate it.
BigBen1

Post by BigBen1 »

I'm a single mother of 5. I lost my job and I'm afraid I will not be able to pay next month’s rent. I was homeless before moving to Georgia from Ohio last week. I took my last check and got an apartment. I need assistance with food, clothing, furniture, etc. Whatever assistance I can get will be greatly appreciated until I can get on my feet. If I can find a job within two weeks, I may not need rent assistance. I am currently putting in applications. Thank You.
sunnyshine

Post by sunnyshine »

Hi, I'm summer:) I'm 19 year old, Next year I will be starting school in 2013!! I will be a freshman at Cuyamca College my major will be Psychology i am really excited, but I am in need of assistance i really need HELP to find money to pay for school and the material that all need for class{books pencils,paper,folders,binders and anything else my classes require me to have. I also am looking for a grant that will help me pay for rent as of right now I'm living with my mother but i would like to move to a adorable apartment or condo closer to my school so i can be closer i am looking/applying to jobs everyday i have an interview tomorrow so wish me luck but as of right now I'm unemployed and desperate for help so if you could send me info on grants for school and to help me with rent or scholarships for women and or African-American Scholarship or grants that can help me I would be so grateful. Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.
Gagne

Post by Gagne »

I am a single mother of 2 young children and I am in dire need to relocate from Mississippi. It is very hard to find employment in this area. I am trying to relocate to the Jacksonville, FL area because I've done a lot of online searching and discovered that there is a lot of employment needed, the schools are nice, and the living areas are nice as well. I'm trying to give my children a better life. Please email me on how to receive help with relocation, rent assistance, jobs, and job training.
Marimer

Post by Marimer »

I am inquiring on behalf of my 65 year old mother for help to pay her April rent of $440.00 and perhaps her power bill of $120.00 or reference to another help source. She is willing to move to another place, if a grant can pay a portion of those costs. She lost her job of 19 years un-expectantly at the end of February. March rent, power bill, and other bills were charged to a credit card while waiting for a (denial) from unemployment which she is medically unable to fight. So she just this past week applied for social security and Medicare/ Medicaid coverage which is unknown when it will be available and she was hospitalized for 3 days last week.
I am on a limited disability income myself and am unable to help her at this time and have no place for her where I live. Without assistance by April 3rd she will be out on the street. In addition her Social Security will only average about $900 a month and she needs a healthier place to live and will continue to need rent assistance and overlapping medical assistance for medical co pays if not covered by Medicaid. Cordially,
Bosch

Post by Bosch »

I moved here to Las Vegas 3 weeks ago using a grant. I have a 4 year old son. I am a single mother. I have no job no help from the father. I am staying with somebody and can’t live rent free. I am in the process of looking for work. I have no money for childcare, no money for rent and don't qualify for the cash aid program here. I am in need of assistance very much, and I will relocate back to CA if need be if you give me another grant.
DesireeDesiree

Post by DesireeDesiree »

I am a single mother of a 10 year old boy. I was renting an apartment in Davenport FL and my landlord was arrested on 14 felony counts including 1st degree murder. Now, I need to relocate immediately. My parents live in Tarpon Springs but in their 55+ community I can only stay a month with my son. I'd like someone to contact me who can help me with applications for housing and utility deposit assistance.