Rent, food, medications, and medical bills

State and local government assistance programs.
Smith98
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rent, food, medications, and medical bills

Post by Smith98 »

I need help with medical Insurance,rent,food,medications. I am currently attending the Academy of healing arts and live in Nevada. I am trying become a medical assistant. I currently receive approx.$600 per month unemployment.That is going to run out in about 3-4 weeks.I am 51 years of age and need help temporary until I finish the program in Feb 2011. could you PLEASE help me find assistance. thank you
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent, food, medications, and medical bills

Post by Admin »

I think take a look at the primary site of http://needhelppayingbills.com
There are hundreds of phone numbers, addresses, and contact information, depending on where you live. Also just background and information on various options. You will be able to find numerous rent programs, pantries and free food distribution centers, places that give out prescription medications and where to go for insurance and government programs.
Smith98 wrote:I need help with medical Insurance,rent,food,medications. I am currently attending the Academy of healing arts and live in Nevada. I am trying become a medical assistant. I currently receive approx.$600 per month unemployment.That is going to run out in about 3-4 weeks.I am 51 years of age and need help temporary until I finish the program in Feb 2011. could you PLEASE help me find assistance. thank you
mrcatala8

Post by mrcatala8 »

i am 48 male and need help with rent.food etc i get 247,oo every two weeks got laid off a while and tried finding a job rent is 940.00 and im under a doctors care for depression .hiv.and having panic attacks and dont know what im going to do i cant handle this i just need some help fro the next two months till i get back in my feet i have filed for disability and waiting ,i really need help
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Food and rent? What state do you live in. Here is info on low income assistance programs. These options may be something that can provide you some short term relief with food, rent, etc.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
mrcatala8 wrote:i am 48 male and need help with rent.food etc i get 247,oo every two weeks got laid off a while and tried finding a job rent is 940.00 and im under a doctors care for depression .hiv.and having panic attacks and dont know what im going to do i cant handle this i just need some help fro the next two months till i get back in my feet i have filed for disability and waiting ,i really need help
Momma

Post by Momma »

I am writing because we have no heat in our home and no food. I am disabled and was getting food stamps but I was in a car accident to which totaled my car so therefore I can not get into Social Services in order to re-apply and they will not budge in having someone come
out to my place. I'm not healthy. Anyway we have oil heat and when we moved in to this place this past April we were told that the furnace was in working order. We found out that it was not and the last bit of cash we had went to repairing the furnace to which our landlord insists is our responsibility even though we just moved in about 5 months ago and never used the furnace before. We've been lucky this past week or so because the weather has not been so bad however when it was in the 20-30's a couple of weeks ago it was so cold in that house you could see your breath each time we breathed. Now as I said I am not healthy and if I get sick again and end up in yet another coma the doctors have all told me and my brother that I will not be walking out of the hospital on my own. I am not allowed to live on my own or be left alone so therefore my sister Mary and I live together. He was working but was laid off and has yet to receive his first unemployment check. When he does get that check it has to go
right to both the rent and his car insurance so there will be no money left. We've been basically using what little bit of my SSDI and SSI checks that are left after my portion of rent to feed ourselves however I only get $619.00 SSDI and $79.53 for SSI and my portion of our rent is $900 unless Mary puts more of what he was making when he was working towards my share of the rent. Since May when I lost my food stamps I've lost a total of 10 pounds because i've had to go anywhere from 1-3 days a week without eating just to make what we do have stretch. I would love to go to food pantries however a lot of what is given out I am not allowed to eat. I have to eat carefully and not salt
at all. We need help so bad it is not funny and I am begging for help to get emergency oil for the furnace so we can have heat and get some food. We owe money for the rent but not sure how much because Mary tries hard to not let me know because he is scared to get me upset because he thinks I will get sick again. . Thank you for listening and for any/all the help you may be able to give me.
bearablebrat

Post by bearablebrat »

Hi, I am 49 ys old. I live in essex, Maryland. My job title is a QC inspecter. In Aug 2010 I hurt my back at work, lifting the cabs of each and every commerical truck for inspection. After being hurt. I have I used up all my vacation and sick time, just so I could get a pay check each week to live off of. I have been dealing with the severe pain in my lower back. I was out of work for a while. I couldnt pay my bills, so I ask to return to work, doing light duty work in the office. Pain was getting worse, severe pain was going across lower back down my legs and feet, Having hard time walking, sitting, bending, etc. I am disable to do for myself. So I am not currently working again. Boyfriend lived with me for 5yrs and decided he can't take no more of the stress, me being so depressed and problems paying most of bills, He picked up and moves out. I am not working, I get workers compensation, which is just a percentage of my pay check. All my bills are so far behind. I cant get caught up, afraid I am going to be thrown out of the house i rent, due to non payment for two months.I Can't pay my truck payments, BGE has turned off my electric several times. I have no food. I dont eat unless I go to my moms house to eat, Many times I have done without eating, due to not having money for gas to go to my moms. I am having back surgery done on Nov 16, 2011. I will be down for several months after the surgery and I am needing help really bad with rent, electric, truck payment and food. Emotionaly I am torn up over all this, and begging for some help please. I will take any help ya can give me. thank you so very much for your time
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Take a look at our main Maryland page. From this page you will find information on clinics (for free medications), food pantries, and much more. In addition, if you scroll midway down the page you will find information on assistance programs specific to Essex County Maryland. And of course links to utility programs, from BGE and others, are on the page/site as well. Find details on the Maryland assistance here.
bearablebrat wrote:Hi, I am 49 ys old. I live in essex, Maryland. My job title is a QC inspecter. In Aug 2010 I hurt my back at work, lifting the cabs of each and every commerical truck for inspection. After being hurt. I have I used up all my vacation and sick time, just so I could get a pay check each week to live off of. I have been dealing with the severe pain in my lower back. I was out of work for a while. I couldnt pay my bills, so I ask to return to work, doing light duty work in the office. Pain was getting worse, severe pain was going across lower back down my legs and feet, Having hard time walking, sitting, bending, etc. I am disable to do for myself. So I am not currently working again. Boyfriend lived with me for 5yrs and decided he can't take no more of the stress, me being so depressed and problems paying most of bills, He picked up and moves out. I am not working, I get workers compensation, which is just a percentage of my pay check. All my bills are so far behind. I cant get caught up, afraid I am going to be thrown out of the house i rent, due to non payment for two months.I Can't pay my truck payments, BGE has turned off my electric several times. I have no food. I dont eat unless I go to my moms house to eat, Many times I have done without eating, due to not having money for gas to go to my moms. I am having back surgery done on Nov 16, 2011. I will be down for several months after the surgery and I am needing help really bad with rent, electric, truck payment and food. Emotionaly I am torn up over all this, and begging for some help please. I will take any help ya can give me. thank you so very much for your time
NelsonD

Post by NelsonD »

I can not afford my rent and put food and gas on the table. I am a single mom and don't have many bills just the necessities and I still can not come above water. i do not get child support because i have one child and he has one, however i have one more child from another man and I do not get anything there. I need help please. Looking for food, and money or some cash to pay my rent for this month.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well the first thing you need to address is the food issue. Nothing else matters if you or family goes hungry. Try a local food pantry for groceries, free food, meals, and other aid too, like clothing or Christmas meals. Read more and get information on pantries here.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/food_banks.html All states and counties have local food banks for the needy.
NelsonD wrote:I can not afford my rent and put food and gas on the table. I am a single mom and don't have many bills just the necessities and I still can not come above water. i do not get child support because i have one child and he has one, however i have one more child from another man and I do not get anything there. I need help please. Looking for food, and money or some cash to pay my rent for this month.
Capture

Post by Capture »

I am a self-employed contractor. I am 45 years old. I have hit a very slow time as far as work right now. I am behind in my rent and I am having trouble paying for gas, my medications and food and utilities. I have thought about getting another job, however my needs are immediate. My rent is $600.00 per month - not too bad- and the rest of my bills total out to about $500.00 per month (auto insurance /utilities/phone). I do not use credit cards and I have no monthly payments on any purchases including my truck. I have no loans to repay. I looked on your site this morning and am not sure what the options are for me. Is there a way I can be more substantially active in taking care of myself at this critical point in time? Thanks for any advice you may be able to offer me. I am in Shelby Co , Memphis Tn.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The best way to be active is to research your options, and start calling and applying for rent help. You want to do this before you receive an eviction notice, as then it is often too late. For food, look into pantries. Medications use generics and places like Wal MArt. For rent assistance, try this for Memphis emergency rent help programs.
Capture wrote:I am a self-employed contractor. I am 45 years old. I have hit a very slow time as far as work right now. I am behind in my rent and I am having trouble paying for gas, my medications and food and utilities. I have thought about getting another job, however my needs are immediate. My rent is $600.00 per month - not too bad- and the rest of my bills total out to about $500.00 per month (auto insurance /utilities/phone). I do not use credit cards and I have no monthly payments on any purchases including my truck. I have no loans to repay. I looked on your site this morning and am not sure what the options are for me. Is there a way I can be more substantially active in taking care of myself at this critical point in time? Thanks for any advice you may be able to offer me. I am in Shelby Co , Memphis Tn.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Just moved here and help with getting food, my deposit on my lights and water in Eugene Oregon. I am mom of 4 and a wife and I am taking care of mom who is recovering from a stroke and we are in a hotel now but tomorrow is the last day. We have nothing left after getting the house. Please call us. Thank you please call me.
Helpformom

Post by Helpformom »

I am unemployed and am about to lose my car, home, electric and water shut off. I have not heard from DHS about upping my food stamps so we are also out of food... I received 86.00 for the whole month that I've been without my unemployment benefits ... I need help with everything, I even would love help finding a job!! Anything is appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

For these types of services we would normally recommend a community action agency, and there are locations in Eugene Oregon. They can generally help people with a number of needs, including assisting with employment opportunities, jobs, and even money for paying bills and other expenses. This centers also operate in all towns and counties so there should be one nearby. Here is more info. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... gency.html
Gibson1

Post by Gibson1 »

Hello I am a single part time worker. Am I am wanting to know are there any places in Kosciusko county that help with any kind of food and rent help. I’m renting to own. My rent and trailer payment together is about 500 a month. That does not include my electric. I only gross 700 a month. Are there any programs that I can turn to for help? And help on food? I live in Syracuse Indiana. The county is Kosciusko County Indiana. I hope you can help me. Thanks.